Author Topic: Upcoming "box set" from Wideawake?  (Read 3287 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Upcoming "box set" from Wideawake?
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2009, 10:50:08 PM »
Paying $45 for a well-packaged boxed set with three CD's and a DVD plus a shirt is a lot better than spending the same price for a CD-R or MP3 link that you won't get until 200 other people buy it too because a bunch of paranoid bootleggers are worried about you biting into their profits.

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2009, 03:57:55 AM »
Paying $45 for a well-packaged boxed set with three CD's and a DVD plus a shirt is a lot better than spending the same price for a CD-R or MP3 link that you won't get until 200 other people buy it too because a bunch of paranoid bootleggers are worried about you biting into their profits.

Very well said Jimmy; I definitely agree with you my friend.  There's just one particular clown on this forum who fails to understand how life works; all he can do is cry over the price of the box set and attack you if you don't share his childish point of view.

captaincornrow

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2009, 04:53:55 AM »
^^^You're both just talking out your asses. Because fact is, you don't know this is well packaged.....you haven't seen it yet. Plus, you're paying $45 for material you already have and for poorly mixed and mastered material you don't. That's certainly no deal.  Truth is, you're likely just a couple of Euros who have a boner for gangsta music because you have American penis envy. You'll do or say anything to hear this music stopping at nothing short of embarrassing yourselves by giving praise for garbage.

Blasphemy

« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2009, 05:04:32 AM »
$15 for the quality & quantity on this release seems justified in my opinion. 
fixed (bitch)

Ah, it's the return of the little boy with his infantile comments again.  With that shitty attitude you have you must have lots of friends.  Tell me, what are their names; Neil and Bob?  If you're crying because you want it priced at $15 then just ask for an increase in your monthly allowance. 
you can pay for g thang for the 20th time if you want.  i'm not gonna.  have fun bumping danny boy moaning over a lame beat like he got stabbed in the tummy, homo.

What's wrong with Danny Boy???  I agree though on not rebuying shit. Fuck that. I think they might have it on Itunes, so I guess I'm just coping it that way lol. Only new Death Row purchase were I'll get a hardcopy will probably be the Snoop stuff for now. but yeah, what's wrong with Danny Boy?

captaincornrow

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2009, 06:21:23 AM »
fixed (bitch)

Ah, it's the return of the little boy with his infantile comments again.  With that shitty attitude you have you must have lots of friends.  Tell me, what are their names; Neil and Bob?  If you're crying because you want it priced at $15 then just ask for an increase in your monthly allowance. 
you can pay for g thang for the 20th time if you want.  i'm not gonna.  have fun bumping danny boy moaning over a lame beat like he got stabbed in the tummy, homo.

What's wrong with Danny Boy???  I agree though on not rebuying shit. Fuck that. I think they might have it on Itunes, so I guess I'm just coping it that way lol. Only new Death Row purchase were I'll get a hardcopy will probably be the Snoop stuff for now. but yeah, what's wrong with Danny Boy?

You can throw  a rock at a karaoke contest and hit ten people just as good or better and they won't moan incessantly like they're passing a kidney stone.

Blasphemy

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2009, 07:21:57 AM »
fixed (bitch)

You can throw  a rock at a karaoke contest and hit ten people just as good or better and they won't moan incessantly like they're passing a kidney stone.

Moan???  ??? oh you mean when he goes "OOOOOO" in some of the chorus like "I ain't Mad at cha"? eh I don't really have a problem wit it.

cheesefry

« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2009, 07:37:31 AM »
fixed (bitch)

Ah, it's the return of the little boy with his infantile comments again.  With that shitty attitude you have you must have lots of friends.  Tell me, what are their names; Neil and Bob?  If you're crying because you want it priced at $15 then just ask for an increase in your monthly allowance.  
you can pay for g thang for the 20th time if you want.  i'm not gonna.  have fun bumping danny boy moaning over a lame beat like he got stabbed in the tummy, homo.

What's wrong with Danny Boy???  I agree though on not rebuying shit. Fuck that. I think they might have it on Itunes, so I guess I'm just coping it that way lol. Only new Death Row purchase were I'll get a hardcopy will probably be the Snoop stuff for now. but yeah, what's wrong with Danny Boy?

You can throw  a rock at a karaoke contest and hit ten people just as good or better and they won't moan incessantly like they're passing a kidney stone.

Moan???  ??? oh you mean when he goes "OOOOOO" in some of the chorus like "I ain't Mad at cha"? eh I don't really have a problem wit it.
danny boy is only good/acceptable when backgrounding on songs.  i have yet to hear a danny boy solo song that could compete with any other non-mongoloid singer out there today.  there's a reason he bounced from idol and pretty much hasn't been heard from since the 90s.  then again i'd rather have danny's root canal singing than twenty-seven petey pablo songs so maybe i'm more of a retard than ttpac.  who knows?

call it what you want, but this snoop material is only half exciting and i see nothing on this "box set" that merits any enthusiasm.  the box set should be at least two discs of new material but if people are jocking so much that they will buy 3 to get 1 then even god can't give them any sense.  the freebies and bonuses on the chronic are far superior to anything i see on the box set barring *maybe* doggystyle 96.  at $45 they can forget my purchase.  i'll wait for it to be $5 on ebay.

if w.a. wants to move units they need to put out a dr. dre album.  oops, they can't.  wonder if they even bothered to look into that before they shelled out the big bucks for a catalog that is mediocre barring the occasional snoop or rage song.  add shitty mixing into the equation and what little that was actually sellable becomes as useless as the rest.  i smell an $18M turd (or is that just ttpac's poopie diaper?).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:41:05 AM by cheesefry »

deathrowmusic

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2009, 07:46:58 AM »
^^^You're both just talking out your asses. Because fact is, you don't know this is well packaged.....you haven't seen it yet. Plus, you're paying $45 for material you already have and for poorly mixed and mastered material you don't. That's certainly no deal.  Truth is, you're likely just a couple of Euros who have a boner for gangsta music because you have American penis envy. You'll do or say anything to hear this music stopping at nothing short of embarrassing yourselves by giving praise for garbage.
LOL, couldn't of said it better myself.

Blasphemy

« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2009, 09:06:20 AM »
fixed (bitch)

Ah, it's the return of the little boy with his infantile comments again.  With that shitty attitude you have you must have lots of friends.  Tell me, what are their names; Neil and Bob?  If you're crying because you want it priced at $15 then just ask for an increase in your monthly allowance.  
you can pay for g thang for the 20th time if you want.  i'm not gonna.  have fun bumping danny boy moaning over a lame beat like he got stabbed in the tummy, homo.

What's wrong with Danny Boy???  I agree though on not rebuying shit. Fuck that. I think they might have it on Itunes, so I guess I'm just coping it that way lol. Only new Death Row purchase were I'll get a hardcopy will probably be the Snoop stuff for now. but yeah, what's wrong with Danny Boy?

You can throw  a rock at a karaoke contest and hit ten people just as good or better and they won't moan incessantly like they're passing a kidney stone.

Moan???  ??? oh you mean when he goes "OOOOOO" in some of the chorus like "I ain't Mad at cha"? eh I don't really have a problem wit it.
danny boy is only good/acceptable when backgrounding on songs.  i have yet to hear a danny boy solo song that could compete with any other non-mongoloid singer out there today.  there's a reason he bounced from idol and pretty much hasn't been heard from since the 90s.  then again i'd rather have danny's root canal singing than twenty-seven petey pablo songs so maybe i'm more of a retard than ttpac.  who knows?

call it what you want, but this snoop material is only half exciting and i see nothing on this "box set" that merits any enthusiasm.  the box set should be at least two discs of new material but if people are jocking so much that they will buy 3 to get 1 then even god can't give them any sense.  the freebies and bonuses on the chronic are far superior to anything i see on the box set barring *maybe* doggystyle 96.  at $45 they can forget my purchase.  i'll wait for it to be $5 on ebay.

if w.a. wants to move units they need to put out a dr. dre album.  oops, they can't.  wonder if they even bothered to look into that before they shelled out the big bucks for a catalog that is mediocre barring the occasional snoop or rage song.  add shitty mixing into the equation and what little that was actually sellable becomes as useless as the rest.  i smell an $18M turd (or is that just ttpac's poopie diaper?).

Hey, aside from  The Realest, Top Dogg, and VK (Lady of Rage Rip off) they could have some good material. Dr. Dre is basically a unknown unknown, until he or Wide annouce something its basically locked. Only problem I have is them rereleasing stuff, and actually releasing stuff we already got under a different track name (Verses). They have Material from 1992 - up to 2005 So there are bounds to be some lethal Gems in there.

Also back on the Danny Boy thing, Honestly He has some dope stuff, but as a Artist he doesn't stand out, a variety of other Soul Singers can do better. I like him cause he is sorta a Ghetto Soul singer (music speaks on some real stuff sometimes, like Peaceful Christmas), but Danny is pretty much a better Chorus guy.

^^^You're both just talking out your asses. Because fact is, you don't know this is well packaged.....you haven't seen it yet. Plus, you're paying $45 for material you already have and for poorly mixed and mastered material you don't. That's certainly no deal.

I agree. Only reason anyone wants to support them is for the Unreleased shit, but they keep rereleasing previous stuff, while the Ratio has grown bigger, its time strictly for Unreleased stuff. The mixing is a problem I agree, I wish they'd just get a brand new guy instead of that faggot payne. I read a review about the Lost Sessions, apparently some of this was released (verses) on previous albums, and even 1 track contain stuff that pretty much came from a Chronic Re-Lit.

here it is: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/reviews/id.1281/title.snoop-dogg-death-row-the-lost-sessions-volume-1 I already know OG was on the Daz Album I have, and the Murder was teh case thing, but yeah.

Basically that's what it appears what they doing right now. Its like there is no material, they said 15 percent was only released, doesn't mean I want the 10 percent that was alternate cuts.

I also Loled when they said the OG Life so hard wasn't released (well not officially) both the Death Row mix 2pac recorded (1 on gang related) plus the original are both out. (I have the OG). Honestly Its not really a selling point to see snoop sing,.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:09:45 AM by Blasphemy »