Author Topic: Upcoming "box set" from Wideawake?  (Read 3290 times)

Gfunk

• 'G'
Re: Upcoming "box set" from Wideawake?
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2009, 03:29:07 AM »
Woooo 2 LBC Tracks  8) 8) 8) 8)
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

cheesefry

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2009, 07:38:07 AM »
disc 1 track 11.  how about some quality control?

Okka

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2009, 07:41:18 AM »
When is this shit supposed to be comin' out?

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2009, 07:59:18 AM »
What's the deal with unreleased 2Pac? Are they in possession of Eminem or what?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

cheesefry

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2009, 08:15:40 AM »
wide awake has 13 songs they can release, so obviously they aren't going to sprinkle any new pac material on compilations. 

eminem doesn't have anything.  read the liner notes of loyal to the game - he offered afeni his remixing for free, she accepted, he did them over the period of a couple days, and that was that.  interestingly nearly all of those acapellas leaked.

i had high expectations for this release but it looks pretty crap.  how many more death row albums are going to be padded with songs we already have had 10 times over?

...and this isn't all!

fuck me there are more greatest hits releases than there are hits

captaincornrow

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »
maybe they can beat their previous high in sales of 421 chronic re-lit albums. this company bleeds stupidity.

JohnnyL

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2009, 08:30:11 AM »
This set looks really nice.  Looking forward to the unreleased, Crooked I, Soopafly, and LBC Crew tracks.

Blasphemy

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2009, 08:43:09 AM »
disc 1 track 11.  how about some quality control?

LOL I know right.

JohnnyL

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »
wide awake has 13 songs they can release, so obviously they aren't going to sprinkle any new pac material on compilations. 

eminem doesn't have anything.  read the liner notes of loyal to the game - he offered afeni his remixing for free, she accepted, he did them over the period of a couple days, and that was that.  interestingly nearly all of those acapellas leaked.

i had high expectations for this release but it looks pretty crap.  how many more death row albums are going to be padded with songs we already have had 10 times over?

...and this isn't all!

fuck me there are more greatest hits releases than there are hits

Well, I agree with you sentiments regarding their repackaging and repackaging of their greatest hits.  I wish instead of a greatest hits on disc 1, they just made it 3 discs of all unreleased material.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2009, 11:36:47 AM »
23 new songs is still a big improvement on the bullshit Suge was putting out, could be better but I'll take it. Im guessing they were scared people wouldnt buy it if it was just unfamiliar songs so they threw in the classic tracks to get casual fans to pick it up. The new tracks look tight if they sell the set in the 25 to 28 dollar range the first week i might cop it.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Invincible

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2009, 01:56:09 PM »
23 new songs is still a big improvement on the bullshit Suge was putting out, could be better but I'll take it.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2009, 04:42:54 PM »
was hoping to see Kurupt - i dont bang no more or DPG - cant c me, maybe even some sam sneed stuff. oh well i'll take this.

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2009, 06:31:48 PM »
The admin over at wideawake confrimed that there are no sneed songs in the catalog...he took everything of his with him when he left

Also there will be not outlawz tracks in the future, interscope bought out all of their catalog before Still I Rise droped

Some sad news as these were two artist/groups whose material I wanted from those days
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »

i think the box in that picture is the box set. it looks big enough to fit 4 cds and a T shirt.

im not complaining about the unreleased shit i dont think the tracks will be disappointing

acgrundy

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2009, 11:08:27 PM »
damn it is too bad they don't have any of the sam sneed material.  U better recognize is fucking banging...I would have loved an album that style from sneed w/ death row features.