Author Topic: Anybody into Rolexes / Watches?  (Read 360 times)

StevenQBosell

Anybody into Rolexes / Watches?
« on: October 02, 2009, 03:06:27 AM »
Anybody into Rolex / Watch culture?

My uncle died in 2000, and my granny finally thought I was "responsible enough" to have his "Rollie." he used to have a mercedes dealershp / bodyshop, on florence and normandie acyually, before he died in 2000. At any rate, people would come in and offer to trade in stuff when they didn't have the cash to get thier cars out (a lotta people would do that too, kinda wierd...) At any rate, thats the watch I got.

We'd take it to the the Rolex place in beverly Hills, but my boss, who used to work at Rolex, told me if they find out it's a fake, they confiscate the motherfucker on site, so fucks that!

At any rate, ever since I got it, I've been getting all into Rolexes... They're actually not that expensive, yo can find a used, iced out 80's or 90's Day-Date or Date-Just for under $5,000 usually...

Anybodybody else got a Rolex or Cartier, Movado, etc?

ikke

Re: Anybody into Rolexes / Watches?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:14:16 AM »
how is 5000 not expensive?

StevenQBosell

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 03:16:45 AM »

OK, it's all relative: a new 2009 Rolex Day Date 18K gold, with the diamonds is like $17,000 or  $18,000, from an authorized  Rolex store... Ofcourse you can find stuff iced for $10 g's or a little higher liken this one; http://www.melrosejewelers.com/rolex-super-president-pave-dial-123.htm  but it's not "officially" from Rolex. The MSRP on that bitch is at $41,000 or some shit...

Me personally, if I ever had baller money like that, wouldn't pay more than $5000 for a watch.... I just think the motherfuckers are beautiful.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:23:15 AM by StevenQBosell »

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 03:35:39 AM »
I'm rocking a Raymond Weil. Classy but not flashy.

ikke

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 03:37:52 AM »

OK, it's all relative: a new 2009 Rolex Day Date 18K gold, with the diamonds is like $17,000 or  $18,000, from an authorized  Rolex store... Ofcourse you can find stuff iced for $10 g's or a little higher liken this one; http://www.melrosejewelers.com/rolex-super-president-pave-dial-123.htm  but it's not "officially" from Rolex. The MSRP on that bitch is at $41,000 or some shit...

Me personally, if I ever had baller money like that, wouldn't pay more than $5000 for a watch.... I just think the motherfuckers are beautiful.
Goddamn you gotta be retarded to buy jewlry that expensive...

OOH SHINY I'M GOING TO BUY IT NOMATTER THE COST

StevenQBosell

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 03:45:09 AM »

OK, it's all relative: a new 2009 Rolex Day Date 18K gold, with the diamonds is like $17,000 or  $18,000, from an authorized  Rolex store... Ofcourse you can find stuff iced for $10 g's or a little higher liken this one; http://www.melrosejewelers.com/rolex-super-president-pave-dial-123.htm  but it's not "officially" from Rolex. The MSRP on that bitch is at $41,000 or some shit...

Not necessarily, it's not too expensive if you could afford it. You may not wanna pay that much for it, but if I won the lottery of had a a lot of disposable income, I'd buy something similar...

All that shit's easy to say until you see one and feel one in your hands... then you can kinda understand why someone would pay that much for it...

But i'd totally rock an convincing automatic swiss replica, for $350 or so...  :D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:48:39 AM by StevenQBosell »

ikke

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:46:06 AM »

OK, it's all relative: a new 2009 Rolex Day Date 18K gold, with the diamonds is like $17,000 or  $18,000, from an authorized  Rolex store... Ofcourse you can find stuff iced for $10 g's or a little higher liken this one; http://www.melrosejewelers.com/rolex-super-president-pave-dial-123.htm  but it's not "officially" from Rolex. The MSRP on that bitch is at $41,000 or some shit...

Not necessarily, it's not too expensive if you could afford it. You may not wanna pay that much for it, but if I won the lottery of had a a lot of disposable income, I'd buy something similar... All that shit's easy to say until you see one and feel one in your hands...
It's more useless then LIGHTS as an advisor

not a jewlery fan

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 03:47:47 AM »

This is enough for me.

kemizt

StevenQBosell

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 03:54:09 AM »

not a jewlery fan

I can understand that.

This is what was given to me:

ikke

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 03:54:57 AM »

not a jewlery fan

I can understand that.

This is what was given to me:

Looks cool

Butnot a fan

The Overfiend

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 06:16:01 AM »
Just rock it! People always notice and compliment watches.

The Overfiend

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 06:19:32 AM »
Wear that watch, you won't regret it your status in society will increase ten-fold.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 08:36:35 AM »
yeah im not a big jewlery guy but one of the very few things i would drop money on is a phat watch. maybe next year ill get one. steven i understand the risk of getting it checked out to see if its authentic, but i definitely would. im the type of person that has to know because i wouldnt be able to rock that watch knowing its a fraud. rolex probably has the right to investigate the mutha but ill be damned if theyre gonna try and confiscate my shit should it be phony

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 09:57:07 AM »
They really confiscate fake ones? Isn't that stealing?

That's crazy shit lol. I'd like a Rollie, but of course I'm no where near that status in this stage of the game.......plus I'd end up breaking the shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 09:57:59 AM »
i had to be the one to say.....THIS IS WHY BLACK PEOPLE ARE POOR. STOP BUYING 10,000 DOLLAR WATCHES AND 50 PAIRS OF AIR JORDANS...BUY A HOUSE OR PUT SOME IN THE BANK MAYBE???  :firedevil: