Author Topic: Convince a battered woman to get help  (Read 267 times)

herpes

Convince a battered woman to get help
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »
http://www.charityguide.org/volunteer/fifteen/battered-women.htm

A battered woman lives under constant stress to say, or do, whatever will keep her safe. Since domestic violence is the single largest cause of injury to women between the ages of 15 and 44, it is a serious public health issue. Abused women come from all economic, social and ethnic backgrounds. The abuse can be physical, emotional, or sexual. Four million women are assaulted yearly, by partners.

Recognizing the signs of domestic abuse is key.  Knowing the dynamics of battered woman’s syndrome may help you understand why a battered woman delays seeking help. She may fear being killed, being left homeless, or becoming destitute. Her abuser may threaten harm to her children, other family, or pets. A battered woman is often isolated from family, friends and support and sustains a constant barrage of insults which convince her she is unworthy of a better life. Abusers often control a battered woman’s money and transportation. Even if a battered wife is affluent and able to leave, she may fear her husband will use his money and connections to track her down.

Domestic abuse is rarely a single episode and escalates over time, but a battered woman alone must decide to seek help. A battered woman is more at risk of being murdered when leaving an abuser.

Yet, refuge does exist for the battered woman and her children, at domestic violence shelters.

Simply telling a battered woman she doesn't deserve abuse can plant the seeds for a new life. Hearing you confirm she has the right to live violence-free and express her thoughts, feelings, and emotions, might be the first time a battered woman has heard the truth. Your kindness and encouragement to seek help can be the catalyst a battered woman needs to seek out her options, and eventually escape domestic violence.

* Learn the different types of abuse that a battered woman might experience in a relationship.
    * Recognize that a friend, co-worker, classmate, and acquaintance of any age can be a battered woman.
    * Understand that your words can make a difference. Some battered women have never had anyone express empathy for their situation. You can support a battered woman by saying: "I'm sorry that happened to you. No one deserves to be hit; no one has a right to treat another person that way. The abuse is not your fault."
    * Encourage any woman you think might be a domestic violence victim to seek help, while always keeping her safety the first priority.

Al Bundy

Re: Convince a battered woman to get help
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:08:47 PM »
floyd i know you're still lurking these forums. i understand you're hurt but you need to tell someone before he does this to another girl

Jaydc

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:11:06 PM »
Elior probably reads me dissing him on here and takes it out on her because hes not man enough to fight a man.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 10:11:14 PM »
floyd i know you're still lurking these forums. i understand you're hurt but you need to tell someone before he does this to another girl

lollll
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 10:35:05 PM »
tom...come down here and ill beat you worse than ive ever beaten floyd :-*

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »

To beat a man, you have to be a man, and anyone who hits a woman is not a man, but a pathetic BITCH

herpes

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 10:43:13 PM »

Elior you're the one with anger issues that wants to fight.  See I have no urge to disrupt my life and come to Cali.  Now if you want to come to NY to fight me I would be more than happy to lose an hour of my time.  Like I told you before I work right outside the airport on Guy R Brewer Blvd and live 10 minutes away in Howard Beach.  If you really want to fight, come to me.  I'm not coming to you.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 10:55:30 PM »
Does this sound like someone that would beat a woman ? 

No names given no names mentioned just answer Yes or No

"just because I came with dayquill and not nightquill doesnt mean that i dont have any feelings for people that are sick.. I know what its like to be sick.. I ran u a bath, made u soup, u put me in tears because of a mistake i made and sent me to raplhs to buy ur medicine. Im not bragging about whAt I did for u, what I did for u wasnt even a big deal at all. But u dont have to sound so fucking cold over the phone and act all icey. I duno what happend to ur once warm heart is now colder than alaska.. "

"P.S. Please dont get so violent with me, I was only trying to change *random pets name* food bowl/clean it..  come on love.. see it in ur heart to live better than this.. it takes BOTH of us.. "

Sounds like a beaten and battered woman to me.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 11:06:26 PM »
Only a cowardly bottom feeding piece of shit would put their hands on a woman.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »
Only a cowardly bottom feeding piece of shit would put their hands on a woman.

how dare u talk about Kobe Bryant that way!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens