Author Topic: 10/03/09: Eminem to Reveal Details on RELAPSE 2 Today; Part of 2 New Interviews  (Read 3563 times)

Nicolas

• Lil Geezy
didnt say he has ghostwriters...altho some of his ryhmes are simple
whats so great about eminem?
you think hes better than krs one, gza?

Well then, what does "does he write all of his muzik?" mean? He's better than these two yeah, KRS-One has been puttin out mostly bullshit after 97 and GZA is not even the best on Wu Tang although he's lyrically great but his flow is very sleepy.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nah i was jus askin
whats weird is em might be writin for others....i have heard  (from people on the inside)  ::)

but damn em not better than krs one? damn gza is a slower rapper but damn not better than gza?
not the best in wu tang?
we need to have some debates....lets get it
 haha

Well then, what does "does he write all of his muzik?" mean? He's better than these two yeah, KRS-One has been puttin out mostly bullshit after 97 and GZA is not even the best on Wu Tang although he's lyrically great but his flow is very sleepy.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chad Vader

you think hes better than KRS-One?

jEM jEM don't even make my top 500 list  :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha chad you a fool dogg
aite where does em rank on your list then big dogg?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Chad Vader

He don't!
He's a brilliant songwriter though.  ;)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn so em isnt even in your list of top ranked rappers/mc's/artists etc...?
interestin....why tho?
not good enough? lol
so he can be a wack rapper but a dope song writer?

He don't!
He's a brilliant songwriter though.  ;)

Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Vader is an Eminem hater ;)

Jimmy H.

Eminem and KRS-One is apples and oranges to me. I think KRS has just that great commanding flow and he's one of the all-time best in the game but to me, Walk On, you seem like the kind of dude who just because someone makes music that ain't your cup of tea, you can't respect it for how good it is. Eminem is not only a great lyricist but the guy writes great songs. I mean, is he a neccesarily the best at either, I don't know. But I think the majority of artists who could be considered better song writers probably aren't on his level in terms of lyrical prowess and vice versa. I mean, it's hard for a lot of people to get behind a Caucasion rapper whose loved by so many MTV pop fans but beyond that, the guy is fucking good at what he does.

Chad Vader

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thats cool again hes cool at what he does
but i mean the reason im comparin is cuz rakim, krs one, gza, and others dont get the same attention that this rapper does and IMO they are light years ahead of of em
that dont mean em is wack but hes jus not on their level IMO

Eminem and KRS-One is apples and oranges to me. I think KRS has just that great commanding flow and he's one of the all-time best in the game but to me, Walk On, you seem like the kind of dude who just because someone makes music that ain't your cup of tea, you can't respect it for how good it is. Eminem is not only a great lyricist but the guy writes great songs. I mean, is he a neccesarily the best at either, I don't know. But I think the majority of artists who could be considered better song writers probably aren't on his level in terms of lyrical prowess and vice versa. I mean, it's hard for a lot of people to get behind a Caucasion rapper whose loved by so many MTV pop fans but beyond that, the guy is fucking good at what he does.
Cube

Nicolas

• Lil Geezy

I wanted to use just the same phrase yesterday but I didn't. Don't know why lol. But yeah to me, you can't compare just like that Em to KRS or GZA or most MC's that shined a lot in the early and mid 90's. I mean they really don't have any similarities. It's like comparing Jay-Z to Andre 3K. I could see how you compare him to let's say Nas or Rakim or Kool G Rap in terms of flow, lyricism, song structure and everything. Guys like them are on the same league and style with Em. I don't think you can just put a random rapper next to another random rapper and compare them just like that because they are both rappers.

Fuck it, I just woke up, don't know if I make a point.  :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
aite thats i mean it shouldnt make a difference....were talkin talent and who can spit
as long as the rapper can spit he qualifies, now not that eminem dont spit but compared to those hes not as good
again that dont mean hes wack
i mean nas at his best should murder em
kool g rap at his best should crush em (and this is the same rapper say is the best rapper alive right now still to this day)
rakim should send.....SHOULD SEND EMINEM TO HELL WITH THE DOPE LYRICS AND WRITIN HE CAN DO
ASSUMIN RAKIM WRITES HIS OWN MUZIK, HES ON ANOTHER PLANET OF DOPENESS WHEN IT COMES TO WRITIN SONGS IMO LET ALONE BEIN THE LYRICIST THAT HE IS

I wanted to use just the same phrase yesterday but I didn't. Don't know why lol. But yeah to me, you can't compare just like that Em to KRS or GZA or most MC's that shined a lot in the early and mid 90's. I mean they really don't have any similarities. It's like comparing Jay-Z to Andre 3K. I could see how you compare him to let's say Nas or Rakim or Kool G Rap in terms of flow, lyricism, song structure and everything. Guys like them are on the same league and style with Em. I don't think you can just put a random rapper next to another random rapper and compare them just like that because they are both rappers.

Fuck it, I just woke up, don't know if I make a point.  :D

Cube

Chad Vader

I don't think you can just put a random rapper next to another random rapper and compare them just like that because they are both rappers.

Normally that would be the truth....
But in jEM jEM´s case you can compare him with 500 random rappers for all I care  :D :D

Jimmy H.

but i mean the reason im comparin is cuz rakim, krs one, gza, and others dont get the same attention that this rapper does and IMO they are light years ahead of of em
I just don't see the "not on their level" aspect of it. Yes, KRS-One and Rakim are veterans in the game and when Em was only two or so albums deep, I could see this as an issue with the long term career signifance but it's ten years later and he's proven to have staying power. I'm a huge KRS fan and he still makes great music but there's nothing I can think of that he's put out in the last eight or so years that can rival a "Lose Yourself" or "Stan" in terms of just well-written and produced songs. I think when it comes to writing emotion, Eminem is in that Tupac-Scarface class of writers. Obviously, he's from a different background so the content is slightly different but "Rock Bottom" is as good a portrait of white class poverty as some of its urban equivalents are in terms of ghetto living. When he switched up to doing stuff where he ripped on the presurres that came with fame, I think he did a great job with that as well.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

aite but str8 up rapper vs rapper or rapper vs mc or rapper vs lyricist etc....
where do you rank these as whos better....forget albums jus str8 up lyrical & delivery

em
scarface
krs one
gza
kool g rap
rakim

I just don't see the "not on their level" aspect of it. Yes, KRS-One and Rakim are veterans in the game and when Em was only two or so albums deep, I could see this as an issue with the long term career signifance but it's ten years later and he's proven to have staying power. I'm a huge KRS fan and he still makes great music but there's nothing I can think of that he's put out in the last eight or so years that can rival a "Lose Yourself" or "Stan" in terms of just well-written and produced songs. I think when it comes to writing emotion, Eminem is in that Tupac-Scarface class of writers. Obviously, he's from a different background so the content is slightly different but "Rock Bottom" is as good a portrait of white class poverty as some of its urban equivalents are in terms of ghetto living. When he switched up to doing stuff where he ripped on the presurres that came with fame, I think he did a great job with that as well.
Cube