Author Topic: 10/03/09: Eminem to Reveal Details on RELAPSE 2 Today; Part of 2 New Interviews  (Read 3612 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I can't do what you're saying.

If it was a freestyle battle i'm sure Em would win.  KRS would probably be competition but my gut tells me the rest of'em probably can't freestyle that well. 

Rakim & Kool G Rap are legendary because they paved paths.  When you look at their competition during their era they took it to another level.  Em is a product of them...that's to say he can be better but he can't.  When you're original you become a teacher and a student may surpass the teacher but it doesn't erase them.   Ya dig?

On a personal level,

Rakim
Eminem
KRS-One
Kool G Rap
GZA
Scarface
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
holy shhhhhh

you have gza, kool g rap, scarface.....muthafuckin scarface below eminem?
SCARFACE?  DAMN
even gza.....gza below eminem?
and damn above krs one
again freestylin is one thing but rappin.....come on em even to this day all those could and should eat em alive.....if em can still spit so they can and theyve all proven includin em but damn why does this rapper get so much special treatment as bein the best ever?

thats interestin

why do you and others treat em like a god?  haha
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:40:50 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I will admit I'm not a huge fan of the Wu-Tang clan.  I'm a die hard fan of masta killah's work.  And, I enjoy rza's solo bobby digital releases but the rest of'em i never got down with.  my loss.

scarface is another cat who i never got into.

honestly, it's in that order of who i've listened to most.   i'm not saying em's the best rapper alive or my favorite because a) i don't think there's a best rapper alive and B) he's nowhere near my favorite. 

I barely listen to eminem or rakim.

I bump a lot of reks & masta killa now.  bishop lamont here and there.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chad Vader

I'm a huge KRS fan and he still makes great music but there's nothing I can think of that he's put out in the last eight or so years that can rival a "Lose Yourself" or "Stan" in terms of just well-written and produced songs.

Stan is a stroke of genius... and lose yourself is one of the few EM tracks that's listenable.
I guess its just me, but I take these KRS tracks any day over anything jEM jEM binks has ever put out:

-As You Already Know off Digital (2003)
-My Mind Is Racing off Keep Right (2004)
-I was there off Hip Hop lives (2008)
-House Of hits (feat. Chief Rocker Busy Bee) off Hip Hop lives (2008)
-Rising To The Top off Hip Hop lives (2008)
-Hip Hop Lives off Hip Hop Lives (2008)
-Kill A Rapper off Hip Hop Lives (2008)
-criminal minded 2008 (with beat intro) (random track 2008)
-Radio (random track 2008)
-The DJ (Revolution , random track 2008)
-Robot off Survival Skills (2009)
-Past Present Future off (2009)

8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:02:25 AM by Vader The D.O.G »

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Eminem to me was at his best pre-Eminem Show (I really dig his 8 Mile work, can;t remember if that was before or after Eminem Show).Almost everything he did before that album is top notch material

I can say the same about Boogie Down Productions KRS-One.A large portion of the material he did as Blastmaster KRS-One is dope as fuck whereas I don't really feel his later releases as "KRS-One".Eminem s definately a better spitter to me, KRS MIGHT be the all around slightly better artist, but not by much.But that might just be me, I'm not a big KRS fan.His beats are another story tho, as a producer he shits on Eminem  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Chad Vader

I can say the same about Boogie Down Productions KRS-One.
A large portion of the material he did as Blastmaster KRS-One is dope as fuck whereas I don't really feel his later releases as "KRS-One".

I can dig that...
I stopped listen to KRS around "Sex & Violence" (92)... and just recently got into him again.
BDP/KRS´first two albums shits on pretty much everything that's released in rap's history period.
But why compare KRS to jEM jEM binks?

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
^^I wouldn't be comparing them if it wasn't for all the other comparisons made in the thread, and the ones between KRS and Em in particular
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Jimmy H.

holy shhhhhh

you have gza, kool g rap, scarface.....muthafuckin scarface below eminem?
SCARFACE?  DAMN
even gza.....gza below eminem?
and damn above krs one
again freestylin is one thing but rappin.....come on em even to this day all those could and should eat em alive.....if em can still spit so they can and theyve all proven includin em but damn why does this rapper get so much special treatment as bein the best ever?

Why should they or could they eat Em alive? Because they aren't as mainstream? That seems to be what your qualifiactions are for these odd-ass lists. Let's take guys that hip-hop circles will respect and throw them in with Eminem, who is obviously a mainstream artist, and of course, everyone that is a traditional hip-hop fan is going to agree with you and say they are all better than Eminem. Scarface "might" be a better writer. I don't know about that but as far as lyricsists go, Em is definitely better. I don't know what you qualify as "special treatment". Thing is people like him and Jay-Z are always going to be given a good deal of hate for whatever they do because they have a crossover audience and most rap fans will completely look past whatever skills they have and say, "Well, how can they be as good as this rapper? He doesn't have fans that listen to Taylor Swift or whoever?". Thing is if Scarface or Rakim were in an LL Cool J position, people would bitch about them too and say they are getting unfair attention. Only cats who are allowed that kind of love are rappers who die before their time.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
still cant believe people like relapse...eminem fell out of my top ten with that one...if i was Dre i would feel like dude spat in my face the way he wasted those beats...deja vu and beautiful were the only songs id even sit through again...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why should they or could they eat Em alive? Because they aren't as mainstream? That seems to be what your qualifiactions are for these odd-ass lists. Let's take guys that hip-hop circles will respect and throw them in with Eminem, who is obviously a mainstream artist, and of course, everyone that is a traditional hip-hop fan is going to agree with you and say they are all better than Eminem. Scarface "might" be a better writer. I don't know about that but as far as lyricsists go, Em is definitely better. I don't know what you qualify as "special treatment". Thing is people like him and Jay-Z are always going to be given a good deal of hate for whatever they do because they have a crossover audience and most rap fans will completely look past whatever skills they have and say, "Well, how can they be as good as this rapper? He doesn't have fans that listen to Taylor Swift or whoever?". Thing is if Scarface or Rakim were in an LL Cool J position, people would bitch about them too and say they are getting unfair attention. Only cats who are allowed that kind of love are rappers who die before their time.

That was so on point, I have to give you a +1. People are too concerned with what is "real" hip-hop, if it's good music it's good music, whether it's mainstream or independent. The rest is irrelevant.

Chad Vader

Why should they or could they eat Em alive? Because they aren't as mainstream? That seems to be what your qualifications are for these odd-ass lists. Let's take guys that hip-hop circles will respect and throw them in with Eminem, who is obviously a mainstream artist, and of course, everyone that is a traditional hip-hop fan is going to agree with you and say they are all better than Eminem. Scarface "might" be a better writer. I don't know about that but as far as lyricists go, Em is definitely better. I don't know what you qualify as "special treatment". Thing is people like him and Jay-Z are always going to be given a good deal of hate for whatever they do because they have a crossover audience and most rap fans will completely look past whatever skills they have and say, "Well, how can they be as good as this rapper? He doesn't have fans that listen to Taylor Swift or whoever?". Thing is if Scarface or Rakim were in an LL Cool J position, people would bitch about them too and say they are getting unfair attention. Only cats who are allowed that kind of love are rappers who die before their time.

That was so on point, I have to give you a +1.

People are too concerned with what is "real" hip-hop, if it's good music it's good music, whether it's mainstream or independent. The rest is irrelevant.

That's true, but how someone can find
fart jokes,Jerry Springer & Jackass humor,bubble gum rap,horror themed mickey mouse voices and/or rock rap entertaining is beyond me.  :P
So I guess I stick to my "real" Hip Hop....  ;D ;D

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Why should they or could they eat Em alive? Because they aren't as mainstream? That seems to be what your qualifications are for these odd-ass lists. Let's take guys that hip-hop circles will respect and throw them in with Eminem, who is obviously a mainstream artist, and of course, everyone that is a traditional hip-hop fan is going to agree with you and say they are all better than Eminem. Scarface "might" be a better writer. I don't know about that but as far as lyricists go, Em is definitely better. I don't know what you qualify as "special treatment". Thing is people like him and Jay-Z are always going to be given a good deal of hate for whatever they do because they have a crossover audience and most rap fans will completely look past whatever skills they have and say, "Well, how can they be as good as this rapper? He doesn't have fans that listen to Taylor Swift or whoever?". Thing is if Scarface or Rakim were in an LL Cool J position, people would bitch about them too and say they are getting unfair attention. Only cats who are allowed that kind of love are rappers who die before their time.

People are too concerned with what is "real" hip-hop, if it's good music it's good music, whether it's mainstream or independent. The rest is irrelevant.

fart jokes,Jerry Springer & Jackass humor,bubble gum rap,horror themed mickey mouse voices and/or rock rap entertaining is beyond me.  :P

im with vader...and its not good music thats the point...there may even be a case that from a technical aspect his flow and structure is still on point...but artisically the album sucked big time...possible the worst album ive bought since 'shock value'

Chad Vader

I'm with Vader...and its not good music thats the point...
there may even be a case that from a technical aspect his flow and structure is still on point...
but artistically
his albums
sucks big time...
some of the
worst albums
ever is done.

Fixed +1  ;)

So if you take away his technical flow,songwriter skills and the few stroke of genius tracks; Stan,Guilty Conscience & My Darling and killers Rabbit Run & Lose Yourself....
what you got left?

fart jokes,Jerry Springer & Jackass humor,bubble gum rap,horror themed mickey mouse voices and/or rock rap

Yeah,that's it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
we agree on his current status but to be fair his 1st 2 were bangers what did you think of the followin out of interest

rock bottom
way i am
bitch please 2
bad meets evil
role model

i mean yeah he still had the 'shock value' content back then but at least it sounded authentic and some of his reference were a lot less mainstream i.e sonny bono,dee barnes etc whereas now its like what can i say 'ooo miley cyrus' blah blah blah sounds forced and contrived but then maybe ive grew out of his target audience idk

Chad Vader

we agree on his current status but to be fair his 1st 2 were bangers what did you think of the following out of interest

rock bottom

Nice songwriting and nice beat, but got damn his voice is annoying  :-[ :-[ :-[

way I am

ain't my thing  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

bitch please 2

below average.. prefer the OG.

bad meets evil

average

role model

fart joke shit wasted over dope beat....  >:( >:( >:( >:(