Author Topic: 10/03/09: Eminem to Reveal Details on RELAPSE 2 Today; Part of 2 New Interviews  (Read 3603 times)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
we agree on his current status but to be fair his 1st 2 were bangers what did you think of the following out of interest

rock bottom

Nice songwriting and nice beat, but got damn his voice is annoying  :-[ :-[ :-[

lol if you thought his voice was annoying then i can only imagine how horrendously bad you thought relapse was haha

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn see chad is comin thru wit some bangers......i mean jus listen to THE DJ, that song is one of the dopest songs hip hop has put out.....jus listen to what hes sayin, the beat, the outro.
but yeah better than eminems borin muzik

I'm a huge KRS fan and he still makes great music but there's nothing I can think of that he's put out in the last eight or so years that can rival a "Lose Yourself" or "Stan" in terms of just well-written and produced songs.

Stan is a stroke of genius... and lose yourself is one of the few EM tracks that's listenable.
I guess its just me, but I take these KRS tracks any day over anything jEM jEM binks has ever put out:

-As You Already Know off Digital (2003)
-My Mind Is Racing off Keep Right (2004)
-I was there off Hip Hop lives (2008)
-House Of hits (feat. Chief Rocker Busy Bee) off Hip Hop lives (2008)
-Rising To The Top off Hip Hop lives (2008)
-Hip Hop Lives off Hip Hop Lives (2008)
-Kill A Rapper off Hip Hop Lives (2008)
-criminal minded 2008 (with beat intro) (random track 2008)
-Radio (random track 2008)
-The DJ (Revolution , random track 2008)
-Robot off Survival Skills (2009)
-Past Present Future off (2009)

8) 8) 8) 8)

thats interestin that you think em is a better lyricist than faceor alotta rappers.  the reason they could or would eat jem jem alive.....lol @ chad for that but thats cuz they are dope at what they do, IMO em has gotten his support from the mtv white crowd, and i dont care that hes sold 80 million records or whatever, hes a overrated rapper and isnt as talented as the rappers that have been mentioned and theres more.  hes jus not on their level, that dont mean hes wack but hes not the best, hes not the better rapper.  I doubt he would still be the better rapper if he had only sold 8 million records to date, its all hype and its all overhyped
and yeah relapse was wack, that accent was garbage and dre wasted some good pieces of muzik on jem jem, nuthin too bangin tho but as far as lyrics, jem jem aint nuthin special

holy shhhhhh

you have gza, kool g rap, scarface.....muthafuckin scarface below eminem?
SCARFACE?  DAMN
even gza.....gza below eminem?
and damn above krs one
again freestylin is one thing but rappin.....come on em even to this day all those could and should eat em alive.....if em can still spit so they can and theyve all proven includin em but damn why does this rapper get so much special treatment as bein the best ever?

Why should they or could they eat Em alive? Because they aren't as mainstream? That seems to be what your qualifiactions are for these odd-ass lists. Let's take guys that hip-hop circles will respect and throw them in with Eminem, who is obviously a mainstream artist, and of course, everyone that is a traditional hip-hop fan is going to agree with you and say they are all better than Eminem. Scarface "might" be a better writer. I don't know about that but as far as lyricsists go, Em is definitely better. I don't know what you qualify as "special treatment". Thing is people like him and Jay-Z are always going to be given a good deal of hate for whatever they do because they have a crossover audience and most rap fans will completely look past whatever skills they have and say, "Well, how can they be as good as this rapper? He doesn't have fans that listen to Taylor Swift or whoever?". Thing is if Scarface or Rakim were in an LL Cool J position, people would bitch about them too and say they are getting unfair attention. Only cats who are allowed that kind of love are rappers who die before their time.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chad Vader

I'm a huge KRS fan and he still makes great music but there's nothing I can think of that he's put out in the last eight or so years that can rival a "Lose Yourself" or "Stan" in terms of just well-written and produced songs.

Stan is a stroke of genius... and lose yourself is one of the few EM tracks that's listenable.
I guess its just me, but I take these KRS tracks any day over anything jEM jEM binks has ever put out:

-As You Already Know off Digital (2003)
-My Mind Is Racing off Keep Right (2004)
-I was there off Hip Hop lives (2008)
-House Of hits (feat. Chief Rocker Busy Bee) off Hip Hop lives (2008)
-Rising To The Top off Hip Hop lives (2008)
-Hip Hop Lives off Hip Hop Lives (2008)
-Kill A Rapper off Hip Hop Lives (2008)
-criminal minded 2008 (with beat intro) (random track 2008)
-Radio (random track 2008)
-The DJ (Revolution , random track 2008)
-Robot off Survival Skills (2009)
-Past Present Future off Survival Skills (2009)

8) 8) 8) 8)

damn see chad is coming thru wit some bangers......
i mean jus listen to THE DJ, that song is one of the dopest songs hip hop has put out.....
just listen to what hes saying, the beat, the outro.
but yeah better than eminems boring muzik

The DJ is ill track.... real ill  8)

The only good jEM jEM is dead on a platter;

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The idea if relapse being a concept record where the serial killer is a metaphor for his drug issues is dope and interesting.  Unfortunately, according to Eminem that's not how he arranged the album but is supposed to be funny.  He failed in my opinion.  No denying that.

But you're wrong to limit Eminem and his career to buttjokes.  Part of what he did involved being offensive in order to reveal the hypocritical standards of the people judging him.

[Eminem (Dr. Dre):]
You find me offensive? I find you offensive
For finding me offensive
Hence if I should draw a line on any fences
If so to what extense if
Any, should I go? 'Cause it's getting expensive
Being on the other side of the courtroom on the defensive
They say that I cause extensive
Psychological nerve damage to the brain when I go to lengths this,
Far at other people's expenses
I say your all just too god damn sensitive
It's censorship
And it's down right blasphemous
Listen to shit now cause I won't stand for this

I actually like Eminem more during the era of the Eminem Show and through Encore and Curtain Call the Hits.   While I enjoyed Relapse when I viewed it as a concept record since he's been outspoken about it I view it as a failure.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chad Vader

But you're wrong to limit Eminem and his career to buttjokes.

Limit? I said;

That's true, but how someone can find
fart jokes,Jerry Springer & Jackass humor,bubble gum rap,horror themed mickey mouse voices and/or rock rap entertaining is beyond me.  :P
So I guess I stick to my "real" Hip Hop....  ;D ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
real talk chad
and btw that krs one song is from dj revolution album king of decks
but do you agree jem jem is overrated?
yeah them lines action posted are aite....but compared to what gza, face, rza, have done jem jem isnt on their level and prolly never was or will be
he really messed up wit that relapse album

Limit? I said;

fart jokes,Jerry Springer & Jackass humor,bubble gum rap,horror themed mickey mouse voices and/or rock rap entertaining is beyond me.  :P

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Chad Vader

Limit? I said;

real talk chad
and BTW that krs one song is from DJ revolution album king of decks
yeah them lines action posted are aite....but compared to what gza, face, rza, have done jem jem isn't on their level and prolly never was or will be

That's it... Revolutions album was whatever... other than the KRS track that is,so I changed the album title in my itunes.

Overrated?
As I said before dude ain't even on my radar...

Kill him;  ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
oh my bad...alotta stuff goin on so i do forget info thats comin my way.... ;D
but thats cool and good to see that you do think he isnt on your radar
jus why does everyone think em is a god and the best of all time or this n that is crazy
go listen to some of rakims muzik and its INSANE

Limit? I said;

real talk chad
yeah them lines action posted are aite....but compared to what gza, face, rza, have done jem jem isn't on their level and prolly never was or will be

That's it... Revolutions album was whatever... other than the KRS track that is,so I changed the album title in my itunes.

Overrated?

Kill him;  ;D

Cube

Chad Vader

oh my bad...alotta stuff goin on so i do forget info thats coming my way.... ;D
but thats cool and good to see that you do think he isn't on your radar
just why does everyone think em is a god and the best of all time or this n that is crazy

Limit? I said;

real talk chad

Overrated?

Kill him;  ;D

Why?
I can only speculate...
-White?
-Timing? (Jerry Springer,Jackass and shit like that was very popular at the time) His music and words was pretty much the "soundtrack" for that.

Was it calculated?
Maybe.. but one thing is sure,his timing was perfect.
Proof; 80 million people related to that crap.  :-[

• Muthafuckin' Don!
related or got it cuz it was in their face....what if rakim, sold out and made wack overrated muzik, hed prolly sell too maybe not as much cuz hes not white but hed sell
look at all the dope rappers that release meaningful albums, how much do they sell?
look at all the rappers that release wack muzik, how much do they sell?

look at eminem releasin muzik? how much does he sell? and what does he talk about to sell that many units?

just why does everyone think em is a god and the best of all time or this n that is crazy

Limit? I said;

real talk chad

Overrated?

Kill him;  ;D

Why?
I can only speculate...
-White?
-Timing? (Jerry Springer,Jackass and shit like that was very popular at the time) His music and words was pretty much the "soundtrack" for that.

Was it calculated?

Cube

Chad Vader

Limit? I said;

real talk chad

Overrated?

Kill him;  ;D

Why?
I can only speculate...
-White?

Was it calculated?

related or got it cuz it was in their face....what if rakim, sold out and made wack overrated muzik, hed prolly sell too maybe not as much cuz hes not white but hed sell
look at all the dope rappers that release meaningful albums, how much do they sell?
look at all the rappers that release wack muzik, how much do they sell?

look at eminem releasin muzik? how much does he sell? and what does he talk about to sell that many units?

Rakim was very popular in his prime.
So was Scarface/Geto Boys & RZA/Wu Tang Clan. (each has probably sold at least 30 million records)

But try to look at it with objective eyes,it's simple...
Common,if it wasn't for the strength of their banging music... I don't think many really related to Wu Tang's lyrics.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
true but since gza, rza, ghostface and the wu tang have sold less in comparison to em sellin that much (even tho alot of its on 2001) and other releases but regardless all that hes sold does that make him better?
thats as if what people are sayin otherwise theres no way in hell jem jem is better than gza, scarface, rakim...alone IMO
and i dont mind that im on my own planet and the only one that thinks this...call me dumb, wack, old, young but jem jem is overrated
Cube

Chad Vader

true but since gza, rza, ghostface and the wu tang have sold less in comparison to em selling that much (even tho alot of its on 2001) and other releases but regardless all that hes sold does that make him better?
thats as if what people are saying otherwise theres no way in hell jem jem is better than gza, scarface, rakim...alone IMO
and i don't mind that I'm on my own planet and the only one that thinks this...call me dumb, wack, old, young but jem jem is overrated 

It don't but popular opinion has spoken....
I guess we have to live with it.  :-[

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah thats wack but it is what it is...haha

true but since gza, rza, ghostface and the wu tang have sold less in comparison to em selling that much (even tho alot of its on 2001) and other releases but regardless all that hes sold does that make him better?
thats as if what people are saying otherwise theres no way in hell jem jem is better than gza, scarface, rakim...alone IMO
and i don't mind that I'm on my own planet and the only one that thinks this...call me dumb, wack, old, young but jem jem is overrated 

It don't but popular opinion has spoken....
I guess we have to live with it.  :-[

Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Limit? I said;

You're wrong for limiting him to just that as if he doesn't touch on social issues or explore personal feelings and emotions.  Yes, he has a lot of material that's not appealing (material you have limited him to) but that's not all of his work.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks