Author Topic: 10/03/09: Eminem to Reveal Details on RELAPSE 2 Today; Part of 2 New Interviews  (Read 3606 times)

Chad Vader

But you're wrong to limit Eminem and his career to buttjokes.

Limit? I said;

That's true, but how someone can find
fart jokes,Jerry Springer & Jackass humor,bubble gum rap,horror themed mickey mouse voices and/or rock rap entertaining is beyond me.  :P
So I guess I stick to my "real" Hip Hop....  ;D ;D

You're wrong for limiting him to just that as if he doesn't touch on social issues or explore personal feelings and emotions.  Yes, he has a lot of material that's not appealing (material you have limited him to) but that's not all of his work.

So if you take away his technical flow,songwriter skills and the few stroke of genius tracks;
Stan,Guilty Conscience & My Darling and killers Rabbit Run & Lose Yourself....
what you got left?

fart jokes,Jerry Springer & Jackass humor,bubble gum rap,horror themed mickey mouse voices and/or rock rap

Yeah,that's it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
everyone and anyone can disagree with me but when others agree em is overrated and not all what the world makes him out to be....
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

everyone and anyone can disagree with me but when others agree em is overrated and not all what the world makes him out to be....
Thing is that is great you have an opinion but you're not really saying anything in eleven replies that you didn't say in two. You're pretty much just backpacking off of things that Vader said.

And what does the world make him out to be? There's just as many, if not more people who hate him than love him. Thing is for every one person that loves a popular celebrity, there's probably about ten people who wish that same person would die or at least fail miserably.

So if you take away his technical flow,songwriter skills and the few stroke of genius tracks;
what you got left?

You'd still have Rock Bottom, If I Had, nearly every track on Marshall Mathers LP, his guest verse on Renegade, his guest verse on Forgot About Dre, his two diss tracks against Benzino, Till I Collapse, his guest verse on Xzibit's U Don't Know Me, Scary Movies with Royce Da 5'9, and many other songs.

Yes, he's done some mainstream commercial music to sell records but so has Tupac, Nas, Biggie, Wu-Tang, Kurupt, Redman, and the list goes on and on. Even Walk On's boy, Rakim's biggest claim to fame in the last decade was an R&B single for one of Dre's female vocalists. Everybody's compromising to get their money. Nobody's ignornat to what a major label deal entails yet all these artists are still signed to them. Why is that?

Chad Vader

So if you take away his technical flow,songwriter skills the few stroke of genius tracks;
what you got left?

You'd still have Rock Bottom

Nice songwriting and nice beat, but got damn his voice is annoying  :-[ :-[ :-[

If I Had

Holly shit it's torture to listen to his annoying voice.
Can you seriously listen to this?

nearly every track on Marshall Mathers LP

Crap rock

his guest verse on Renegade

on point... but the hook  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

his guest verse on Forgot About Dre

pointless crap

his two diss tracks against Benzino

can't remember them

Till I Collapse

on point

his guest verse on Xzibit's U Don't Know Me

can't remember it... searched youtube quick,with no relevant hits.

Scary Movies with Royce Da 5'9, and many other songs.

dope beat... Royce is cool.... but fuck jEM´s annoying voice.

Yes, he's done some mainstream commercial music to sell records but so has Tupac, Nas, Biggie, Wu-Tang, Kurupt, Redman, and the list goes on and on.
Even Walk On's boy, Rakim's biggest claim to fame in the last decade was an R&B single for one of Dre's female vocalists.
Everybody's compromising to get their money. Nobody's ignorant to what a major label deal entails yet all these artists are still signed to them. Why is that?

No doubt...
Most of the artists you mentioned have sold millions of records as well.
+ it don't take a scientist to understand why more people can relate to jEM´s shit than just about any other rapper.  :P

I just happen to not be one of them  ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:15:08 AM by Vader The D.O.G »

Jimmy H.

The song title for the Xzibit record is "Don't Approach Me". Couldn't remember it correctly at the time.

Chad Vader

The song title for the Xzibit record is "Don't Approach Me". Couldn't remember it correctly at the time.

On point lyrics... other than that it's nothing super special.
Lets say for the sake of argument he got 10-15 tight songs.
So what? So does a million other rappers.... if jEM VS >insert your favorite rapper< was ever the point of this thread?  :P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn chad is really backin me up on this subject and he makes sense....still jem jem has no reason to be the best in the game or the best rapper or the best anythin...hes overrated but like chad said maybe 15 good songs....random number but so do others if not more....why does this rapper get so much credit?
his color has got to be the main reason
what other rapper got so much play on mtv than this rapper who happens to be white and makes commercial muzik that they play?

On point lyrics... other than that it's nothing super special.
Lets say for the sake of argument he got 10-15 tight songs.
So what? So does a million other rappers.... if jEM VS >insert your favorite rapper< was ever the point of this thread?  :P

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yes, because Eminem is white has had a huge influence on his career.  This isn't a new argument and has been addressed by him since the start of his career with Dr.Dre.

Any artist can be simplified into their top 10 to 15 tracks.  From Tupac to Rakim to Kool G to Jay-Z.  Pointing that out means nothing.

Additionally, you're argument that,

is flawed.  That's part of what make Eminem so great.  The fact that his flow is on point and he's a great song writer.   if you applied that log that to other artist the same can be said for them.  Every artist has a niche or a particular area they're most known for.  What's your point? 

That's like saying if you removed Rakim's talent what does he have left?

It's a stupid argument to make.

Additionally, this "sell out" vs. "underground" arugment is old, dead, and played out.

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Seriously chad, you needa stop checking Eminem threads, its obvious you hate dukes music, so why waste your time

Chad Vader

Seriously chad, you needa stop checking Eminem threads, its obvious you hate dukes music, so why waste your time

I admit it's a pointless discussion.
Can't remember why I bothered to enter it...  :-[
Sorry... but if you read through my posts,I at least tried to be rational. (other than my obvious Jar Jar Binks pranks)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nah chad brings good points....he isnt jus sayin fuck eminem
Cube

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

The guy is saying he doesn't like Eminem's voice, so of course it's difficult to then appreciate the songs. However many people do like his voice and thus appreciate the lyricism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
aite then chad is he a good song writer?
is he a good rapper?
put aside you dont like his voice
Cube

Chad Vader

aite then chad is he a good song writer?
is he a good rapper?
put aside you don't like his voice

I have answered this a million times by now;

So if you take away his

-technical flow,
-songwriter skills

and the few stroke of genius tracks;
what you got left?

fart jokes,Jerry Springer & Jackass humor,bubble gum rap,horror themed mickey mouse voices and/or rock rap

So was the CGI for Jar Jar Binks amazing?
Sure.

Was he annoying as fuck?
And maybe even single handily responsible for fucking up The Phantom Menace?

Yes,if you ask me...

but hey like some cats pointed out,why even bother....  ;)

Jimmy H.

damn chad is really backin me up on this subject and he makes sense.
  Sadly if he wasn't here, you'd be sinking because you really don't seem to have any points of your own to make.

still jem jem has no reason to be the best in the game or the best rapper or the best anythin...

Who said he is or was the best in anything?

why does this rapper get so much credit?

Credit for what? Examples?

his color has got to be the main reason
what other rapper got so much play on mtv than this rapper who happens to be white and makes commercial muzik that they play?
Um, Jay-Z. Lil Wayne. Kanye West, I'd say just about any other rapper who sells albums like Eminem gets exposure like him. It's not a great conspiracy. Yes, some of them are phenominally wack but guess what? The buying public doesn't always have outstanding taste. There is a reason why the artists who are on MTV also dominate the sales charts, radio waves, and magazine covers. Yes, talent is not always a factor but this isn't exclusively a music thing. Do you think Megan Fox gets all that exposure because she's the greatest actress in her field or because the Transformers movies were the best-made flicks of the past ten years? Whoever the public is interested in, that is who these media outlets go after. National exposure has never been a measuring stick for talent. Ever. That doesn't mean that anyone who is mainstream is automatically a no-talent hack. Thing is you are subscribing to the very same methods as the people you're bitching about except you're taking it to the opposite extreme. If Eminem were doing gold or worse on the same music and one of these guys' images was splashed all over MTV and magazine covers, you'd probably say they were "overrated" too. You're not really commenting on the talent or lack there of, you're commenting on the overexposure.