Author Topic: 50's "Before I Self-Destruct" to Feature 4 Dr. Dre produced Songs + More info...  (Read 1472 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
50 Cent Breaks Down "Before I Self Destruct" LP

50 Cent has revealed details surrounding his upcoming Before I Self Destruct album and said the Curtis follow-up will feature guest appearances by Ne-Yo and R. Kelly.

According to 50, Dr. Dre provided four produced tracks for the G-Unit leader's latest effort.

"I didn't do a lot of collaborating," Fif revealed. "I wrote the record and I had so much time to write so many ideas that I wanted to make sure people heard me...I had the time to make it what I wanted. Me and [Eminem] doing the 'Psycho' joint is crazy on the record. I did this joint with R. Kelly, it's actually a bonus because it's track 16 on the joint...R.Kelly was the last one [besides Ne-Yo]. [Me and Dre,] we did four joints on this album. I had more time with Dre on this record than the other one..." (Shade 45)
The album's cover art landed online last week and will reportedly offer a limited edition deluxe version upon it's retail release.

Be sure to look out for the Limited Editon Deluxe Package as well...Regular and Deluxe Copies of Before I Self Destruct will be available for pre-order on I-Tunes in October with Some Exclusive Bonus Tracks upon its release. Resembling a more Terminator-like version of 50's Curtis album, the new cover once again features solely the rapper's face as half of it appears to be ready to burst as though the rapper were filled with magma. Confirmed by Fif, the project's final release date has been set as November 17th, and is expected to be the last official solo album he makes for Shady/Aftermath/Interscope.

Sohh.com

Invincible

Same amount of Dre tracks as GRODT. I never expect loads of Dre tracks on a 50 album. Looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:47:33 AM by Invincible »

Okka

50 should be asked about how he feels about Dr. Dre workin' with The Game again after all these years, or maybe their beef was just a big fuckin publicity stunt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
only 4 Dre tracks for 50 cent? haha sucker :laugh:

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Only 4? haha, you know how hard that's to get?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Invincible

He never has many anyway. Do you really wanna see a load of great beats wasted on 50 of today?

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Really think this album is going to be a good effort from 50. Better then curtis maybe not as good as GRODT. Hopefully it will keep its release date. Its seems positive, i.e the releasing of the front cover and 50's starting to make his presence felt again.

"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The most Dre involvement since GRODT. "Massacre" and "Curtis" each just had 2 Dre tracks.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
let's hear it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Massacre actually had a lot of Dre involvement. He practically mixed the whole album, the 2 beats on the retail version, plus Outta Control remix, When It Rains It Pours, Talk About Me, How We Do, Westside Story, Higher.... all made in the Massacre session or whatever. 50 was just being a bitch when he complained Dre wasn't 100% into his project.

Invincible

Massacre actually had a lot of Dre involvement. He practically mixed the whole album, the 2 beats on the retail version, plus Outta Control remix, When It Rains It Pours, Talk About Me, How We Do, Westside Story, Higher.... all made in the Massacre session or whatever. 50 was just being a bitch when he complained Dre wasn't 100% into his project.

Word.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!

no and please no more in da club type shit
but more GET UP type shit

He never has many anyway. Do you really wanna see a load of great beats wasted on 50 of today?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Tha Crip

i hope I Get It In and Ok Your Right aint any of those 4, not that i dont like those songs, i do (played out now tho) but i would put them as bonus tracks at the end along with that Dreaming joint and we got ourselves 7 dre joints on the album  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

to be honest with you, Dre & 50 don't really have that magic together IMO.

but i was mainly commenting on the fact that Eminem gets a whole album with Dre while 50 only gets 4 productions ;)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I was addressing those that would consider "4" to be not enough. Ah man... if you heard the original version of "The Massacre" before the album was submitted to Iovine, you'd be suprised at how good it was. It would've been on par with GRODT, if not better. "Outta Control" was initially considered to be the street single (after the original version with Dre and Game spitting on addressing the VIBE Awards incident was scrapped) with "Window Shopper" as the lead radio single. The "Outta Control Remix" was slated for the album. "Talk About Me", "Best Friend", "Hustler's Ambition", "Hate It or Love It" and "When It Rains, It Pours" were part of the original product ("How We Do", "Higher" and "Westside Story" were always intended for The Game). Iovine opted for more radio friendly joints so Fif went and did a handfull of songs with Scott Storch. The other tracks were re-worked and spread out through the re=release and GRODT OST.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:44:24 AM by Rebel »