Author Topic: 50's "Before I Self-Destruct" to Feature 4 Dr. Dre produced Songs + More info...  (Read 1470 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn still dont get why anyone likes/liked HATE IT OR LOVE IT....borin to me LOL
jus like in da club got shortly after it was released
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
only 4 Dre tracks for 50 cent? haha sucker :laugh:

He never has many anyway. Do you really wanna see a load of great beats wasted on 50 of today?
to be honest with you, Dre & 50 don't really have that magic together IMO.

but i was mainly commenting on the fact that Eminem gets a whole album with Dre while 50 only gets 4 productions ;)

Yeah I was kinda under the impression after they went in again this 2nd time to "redo" the album that Dre would be handling most of the production. From a "comeback" standpoint on Dre's behalf it makes alot of sense leading into whenever Relapse 2 and Detox drop.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
Any chances the R. Kelly collabo is a version of "It Could've Been You" with 50 Cent verses instead of Bishop Lamont?

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Any chances the R. Kelly collabo is a version of "It Could've Been You" with 50 Cent verses instead of Bishop Lamont?

Bishop never rapped on that song. It was Slim Da Mobster trying to sound like Bishop.

PLANT

looking forward to this

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
This will be dope.  I won't front.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I hope its good, I use to be a 50 Fan, before he fell off....GRODT was a classic record. And I hope the 4 Dre joints dont include "Alright Ok
and "I Get It In" those were terrible. My expectations are to high, but if it turns out great, then im in for a treat!

Matty

Massacre actually had a lot of Dre involvement. He practically mixed the whole album, the 2 beats on the retail version, plus Outta Control remix, When It Rains It Pours, Talk About Me, How We Do, Westside Story, Higher.... all made in the Massacre session or whatever. 50 was just being a bitch when he complained Dre wasn't 100% into his project.

I was addressing those that would consider "4" to be not enough. Ah man... if you heard the original version of "The Massacre" before the album was submitted to Iovine, you'd be suprised at how good it was. It would've been on par with GRODT, if not better. "Outta Control" was initially considered to be the street single (after the original version with Dre and Game spitting on addressing the VIBE Awards incident was scrapped) with "Window Shopper" as the lead radio single. The "Outta Control Remix" was slated for the album. "Talk About Me", "Best Friend", "Hustler's Ambition", "Hate It or Love It" and "When It Rains, It Pours" were part of the original product ("How We Do", "Higher" and "Westside Story" were always intended for The Game). Iovine opted for more radio friendly joints so Fif went and did a handfull of songs with Scott Storch. The other tracks were re-worked and spread out through the re=release and GRODT OST.

the oriiginal version of the massacre sounds fucking good from the description of the tracks that were meant to be on there. more evidence of iovine messing up quality albums. no denying candy shop was a monster single, but its no outta control rmx.

and it seems like dre's input on this new album could still range from minimal to pretty heavy, based on what we know. if one or more of the dre joints are tracks we already heard and that's it, then its pretty weak. on the other hand, if all four tracks are fresh new material and dre also mixed a handful of other tracks on there, could be something to look forward to.

on the whole i am pessimistic that this release will be very good. 50 sounded pretty good on some of those mixtapes and leaked tracks, but has been getting progressively worse/cornier on his commercial material. 'baby by me' is a new all-time low for mr cent and is terrible whatever way you look at it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:31:30 PM by Matty »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
People love to hate on 50 but in my opinion he's released 1 classic album to the mainstream - Get Rich or Die Trying.  One album that borders classic and as rebel mentioned if they og version was put out would have been classic - the Massacre.  And, one good album - Curtis.  Yeah, he might have 2 to 4 "bad" or pop song songs on his past two efforts but out of 16 to 18 tracks that's not bad.  If he had released a ten track version of the massacre or curtis people would dismiss it as an ep.  Yet, when other artist do it ala Kanye West people claim it's a classic record.  Too much hate for him.  His track record is solid despite what the naysayers say.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jimmy H.

I thought the "Get Rich or Die Tryin" soundtrack was also a dope effort from 50 as well as a lot of those G-Unit solo projects he had a hand in. He's always gonna be cool to hate because he refuses to admit defeat. That's a hard characteristic for the public to embrace in a recording artist in the long run. Most artists will try and humble themselves to the public when the crowd turns on them but 50 enjoys playing the "bad guy" card a lot of the times.

Anyone know if they still plan to include a DVD of the movie with the deluxe edition of this album?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
People love to hate on 50 but in my opinion he's released 1 classic album to the mainstream - Get Rich or Die Trying.  One album that borders classic and as rebel mentioned if they og version was put out would have been classic - the Massacre.  And, one good album - Curtis.  Yeah, he might have 2 to 4 "bad" or pop song songs on his past two efforts but out of 16 to 18 tracks that's not bad.  If he had released a ten track version of the massacre or curtis people would dismiss it as an ep.  Yet, when other artist do it ala Kanye West people claim it's a classic record.  Too much hate for him.  His track record is solid despite what the naysayers say.   

No doubt, plus like duke said GRODT soundtrack was sick in every way

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
classic my ass, but it's 50 cent's best album IMO.

He never has many anyway. Do you really wanna see a load of great beats wasted on 50 of today?
to be honest with you, Dre & 50 don't really have that magic together IMO.

but i was mainly commenting on the fact that Eminem gets a whole album with Dre while 50 only gets 4 productions ;)

Yeah I was kinda under the impression after they went in again this 2nd time to "redo" the album that Dre would be handling most of the production. From a "comeback" standpoint on Dre's behalf it makes alot of sense leading into whenever Relapse 2 and Detox drop.
50 cent talked shit again :laugh:

no and please no more in da club type shit
but more GET UP type shit

i rather hear something like Heat, that song is still dope IMO  8)

Bishop never rapped on that song. It was Slim Da Mobster trying to sound like Bishop.
say what?  :o is this really true?
wow

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Quote from: Rebel on Yesterday at 01:14:01 PM
Quote from: LodiDodi on Yesterday at 01:00:20 PM

say what?  Shocked is this really true?
wow

Lol doubt it, Bishop writes his own shit

westside159

That gotta be the Siccest album cover yet ..   Dope cover and artwork on it

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Quote from: Rebel on Yesterday at 01:14:01 PM
Quote from: LodiDodi on Yesterday at 01:00:20 PM

say what?  Shocked is this really true?
wow

Lol doubt it, Bishop writes his own shit

To clarify what I meant... Slim Da Mobster didn't spit this for Bishop to rap over. He literally wanted to be like Bishop. He's always been jealous of Bishop's relationship with Dre... and the reason Slim was signed is because he's D.O.C's cousin.