Author Topic: 50's "Before I Self-Destruct" to Feature 4 Dr. Dre produced Songs + More info...  (Read 1471 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Quote from: Rebel on Yesterday at 01:14:01 PM
Quote from: LodiDodi on Yesterday at 01:00:20 PM
Any chances the R. Kelly collabo is a version of "It Could've Been You" with 50 Cent verses instead of Bishop Lamont?

Bishop never rapped on that song. It was Slim Da Mobster trying to sound like Bishop.
say what?  Shocked is this really true?
wow

Lol doubt it, Bishop writes his own shit

To clarify what I meant... Slim Da Mobster didn't spit this for Bishop to rap over. He literally wanted to be like Bishop. He's always been jealous of Bishop's relationship with Dre... and the reason Slim was signed is because he's D.O.C's cousin.
lol, that could explain the dissing :P

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Any chances the R. Kelly collabo is a version of "It Could've Been You" with 50 Cent verses instead of Bishop Lamont?

Bishop never rapped on that song. It was Slim Da Mobster trying to sound like Bishop.
wow

To clarify what I meant... Slim Da Mobster didn't spit this for Bishop to rap over. He literally wanted to be like Bishop. He's always been jealous of Bishop's relationship with Dre... and the reason Slim was signed is because he's D.O.C's cousin.

Crazy, man... how grown ass men get jealous and go crying to their family members to get Dre to sign him. Dude can barely rap, lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

wow

Crazy, man... how grown ass men get jealous and go crying to their family members to get Dre to sign him. Dude can barely rap, lol.
but Dre signed him  :-X

Lunatic

Dre doesn't do nobody favors. This is about good music and money. Dre will not cut you off from his team unless you stop the hits or he no longer sees the money making potential in you; or if your work ethic gets lazy. Slim Tha Mobsta is not DOC's cousin. He is the nephew of Chocolate. Chocolate & DOC grew up together so the DOC has known Slim since he was a little boy (about age 7) but I do not believe there is any blood tie b/w DOC & Slim. NO matter how much "crying" DOC, Chocolate, etc. would do to Dre (this isn't the case), Dre wouldn't sign any rapper and allow him to work on Detox as a favor. Dre signed Slim for the same reason DOC & Chocolate, and DJ Silk rave about Slim - he thinks Slim is the real deal. And we haven't heard much Slim (for a reason), so we shouldn't go judging his rap skills just yet.

C'mon now.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

westside159

the Curtis album was his weakest by far , i didnt like the album at all ...  The Massacre was a good album , Get Rich was good ..

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dre doesn't do nobody favors. This is about good music and money. Dre will not cut you off from his team unless you stop the hits or he no longer sees the money making potential in you; or if your work ethic gets lazy. Slim Tha Mobsta is not DOC's cousin. He is the nephew of Chocolate. Chocolate & DOC grew up together so the DOC has known Slim since he was a little boy (about age 7) but I do not believe there is any blood tie b/w DOC & Slim. NO matter how much "crying" DOC, Chocolate, etc. would do to Dre (this isn't the case), Dre wouldn't sign any rapper and allow him to work on Detox as a favor. Dre signed Slim for the same reason DOC & Chocolate, and DJ Silk rave about Slim - he thinks Slim is the real deal. And we haven't heard much Slim (for a reason), so we shouldn't go judging his rap skills just yet.

C'mon now.

I know it was done as a favor. Don't get me wrong, they'll try and make music together and Slim will be doing writing for Dre, but if he wasn't close to D.O.C. I highly doubt Dre would've signed him. And the source who told me he was a cousin or distant cousin to D.O.C. is very very very close to Dre. And I didn't reffer to D.O.C. or Chocolate crying to Dre... I refferred to Slim Da Mobster doing it. I know for a fact he's a hater, and I don't think he has the skill to back up his hate, IMO. In any case, I'm just a messanger and a fan. I give news and inside info (that which doesn't spoil future projects of course) and I give my personal opinion based on what I hear as a fan of Dre and Hip Hop.

C'mon dude... you've seen me post here for a while now. You know what I'm about, pimp.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:29:48 AM by Rebel »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm with Lunatic on this one, I don't believe that rumor one bit or would basically made sense if it was the other way around: it seems Bishop hasn't got a clue what's going on with Aftermath since he leaked Grow Up and Slim took his spot so to speak.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm with Lunatic on this one, I don't believe that rumor one bit or would basically made sense if it was the other way around: it seems Bishop hasn't got a clue what's going on with Aftermath since he leaked Grow Up and Slim took his spot so to speak.

Like I said, I'm just a messanger. But you know I get inside info, Meho... I don't just make up BS. If I can't reveal my sources, than I always tell people to treat as a rumor.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah I know that, don't get me wrong. But even a source can be biased. The dude that is your source might be more pro Bishop and anti Slim. Like you said you're just the messenger, I'm just saying this one doesn't make sense to me since Bishop isn't mentioned in any Aftermath related interview while Slim is, Bishop's twitter never say "working on Detox" like Stat's does, even Bishop himself always gives shady answers in his latest interviews when it comes to Aftermath, we've seen recent pics of Slim with Em...

Edit: Slim Da Mobster latest twitter update:
In the lab, DETOXIN'!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:39:35 AM by Meho »

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah I know that, don't get me wrong. But even a source can be biased. The dude that is your source might be more pro Bishop and anti Slim. Like you said you're just the messenger, I'm just saying this one doesn't make sense to me since Bishop isn't mentioned in any Aftermath related interview while Slim is, Bishop's twitter never say "working on Detox" like Stat's does, even Bishop himself always gives shady answers in his latest interviews when it comes to Aftermath, we've seen recent pics of Slim with Em...

In the lab, DETOXIN'!!

True. I can give you details on that situation... but just you...and through a PM if you want, and you'll know why things are like they seem.

MediumL

Tbh im just gonna let hem sort it out between themselves. As long as Slim and Bishop release dope music I'll listen and support.  Its a shame they can't get along but hey maybe in 10yrs time we'll get insiders books.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
lol 50 still trying to make music
Bullets aint got no names

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

In the lab, DETOXIN'!!

True. I can give you details on that situation... but just you...and through a PM if you want, and you'll know why things are like they seem.

Damn you gonna do us like that haha kidding. I think Slimm has a lot of potential, and also that if Bishop doesn't drop soon his time will be wasted cos it seems Slimm's slowly taking the spotlight from under him at the Math camp. Either way Reformation >>>>

Lunatic

C'mon now.

I know it was done as a favor. Don't get me wrong, they'll try and make music together and Slim will be doing writing for Dre, but if he wasn't close to D.O.C. I highly doubt Dre would've signed him. And the source who told me he was a cousin or distant cousin to D.O.C. is very very very close to Dre. And I didn't reffer to D.O.C. or Chocolate crying to Dre... I refferred to Slim Da Mobster doing it. I know for a fact he's a hater, and I don't think he has the skill to back up his hate, IMO. In any case, I'm just a messanger and a fan. I give news and inside info (that which doesn't spoil future projects of course) and I give my personal opinion based on what I hear as a fan of Dre and Hip Hop.

C'mon dude... you've seen me post here for a while now. You know what I'm about, pimp.
He is close to DOC due to being the nephew of Chocolate. Not so much related, but very close since DOC has watched Slim grow up (again, due to his close relationship to Chocolate). Chocolate lived with The DOC for a long time back in the 80s. He didn't get his own pad until "Ice Ice Baby" took off and he bought his own crib. And even if Slim was the one who "cried" at Dre to sign him (and NOT DOC/Chocolate;), I wonder how many rappers Dre would sign if he signed all the rappers that "cried" for him to sign them lol; that's bad business and Dre ain't about to sign you because you begged him to. I know what your about, don't take what I'm saying as a "shot" at you or anything. I'm just posting the way I see it because just like you, I get inside info but I will reveal my sources, because they wouldn't have a problem with it...Chocolate & DJ Silk.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:35:34 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!

C'mon now.

He is close to DOC due to being the nephew of Chocolate. Not so much related, but very close since DOC has watched Slim grow up (again, due to his close relationship to Chocolate). Chocolate lived with The DOC for a long time back in the 80s. He didn't get his own pad until "Ice Ice Baby" took off and he bought his own crib. And even if Slim was the one who "cried" at Dre to sign him (and NOT DOC/Chocolate;), I wonder how many rappers Dre would sign if he signed all the rappers that "cried" for him to sign them lol; that's bad business and Dre ain't about to sign you because you begged him to. I know what your about, don't take what I'm saying as a "shot" at you or anything. I'm just posting the way I see it because just like you, I get inside info but I will reveal my sources, because they wouldn't have a problem with it...Chocolate & DJ Silk.

Yeah yeah it's all good, fam. Hopefully we'll get some good music from all them cats, you know?