Author Topic: 50's "Before I Self-Destruct" to Feature 4 Dr. Dre produced Songs + More info...  (Read 1473 times)

Lunatic

Dre doesn't do nobody favors. This is about good music and money. Dre will not cut you off from his team unless you stop the hits or he no longer sees the money making potential in you; or if your work ethic gets lazy. Slim Tha Mobsta is not DOC's cousin. He is the nephew of Chocolate. Chocolate & DOC grew up together so the DOC has known Slim since he was a little boy (about age 7) but I do not believe there is any blood tie b/w DOC & Slim. NO matter how much "crying" DOC, Chocolate, etc. would do to Dre (this isn't the case), Dre wouldn't sign any rapper and allow him to work on Detox as a favor. Dre signed Slim for the same reason DOC & Chocolate, and DJ Silk rave about Slim - he thinks Slim is the real deal. And we haven't heard much Slim (for a reason), so we shouldn't go judging his rap skills just yet.

C'mon now.

I know it was done as a favor. Don't get me wrong, they'll try and make music together and Slim will be doing writing for Dre, but if he wasn't close to D.O.C. I highly doubt Dre would've signed him. And the source who told me he was a cousin or distant cousin to D.O.C. is very very very close to Dre. And I didn't reffer to D.O.C. or Chocolate crying to Dre... I refferred to Slim Da Mobster doing it. I know for a fact he's a hater, and I don't think he has the skill to back up his hate, IMO. In any case, I'm just a messanger and a fan. I give news and inside info (that which doesn't spoil future projects of course) and I give my personal opinion based on what I hear as a fan of Dre and Hip Hop.

C'mon dude... you've seen me post here for a while now. You know what I'm about, pimp.
He is close to DOC due to being the nephew of Chocolate. Not so much related, but very close since DOC has watched Slim grow up (again, due to his close relationship to Chocolate). Chocolate lived with The DOC for a long time back in the 80s. He didn't get his own pad until "Ice Ice Baby" took off and he bought his own crib. And even if Slim was the one who "cried" at Dre to sign him (and NOT DOC/Chocolate;), I wonder how many rappers Dre would sign if he signed all the rappers that "cried" for him to sign them lol; that's bad business and Dre ain't about to sign you because you begged him to. I know what your about, don't take what I'm saying as a "shot" at you or anything. I'm just posting the way I see it because just like you, I get inside info but I will reveal my sources, because they wouldn't have a problem with it...Chocolate & DJ Silk.

Yeah yeah it's all good, fam. Hopefully we'll get some good music from all them cats, you know?
I agree..hope u don't think i'm trying to argue with cha..just lettin my opinion and info i've get be known..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Dre doesn't do nobody favors. This is about good music and money. Dre will not cut you off from his team unless you stop the hits or he no longer sees the money making potential in you; or if your work ethic gets lazy. Slim Tha Mobsta is not DOC's cousin. He is the nephew of Chocolate. Chocolate & DOC grew up together so the DOC has known Slim since he was a little boy (about age 7) but I do not believe there is any blood tie b/w DOC & Slim. NO matter how much "crying" DOC, Chocolate, etc. would do to Dre (this isn't the case), Dre wouldn't sign any rapper and allow him to work on Detox as a favor. Dre signed Slim for the same reason DOC & Chocolate, and DJ Silk rave about Slim - he thinks Slim is the real deal. And we haven't heard much Slim (for a reason), so we shouldn't go judging his rap skills just yet.

C'mon now.

I know it was done as a favor. Don't get me wrong, they'll try and make music together and Slim will be doing writing for Dre, but if he wasn't close to D.O.C. I highly doubt Dre would've signed him. And the source who told me he was a cousin or distant cousin to D.O.C. is very very very close to Dre. And I didn't reffer to D.O.C. or Chocolate crying to Dre... I refferred to Slim Da Mobster doing it. I know for a fact he's a hater, and I don't think he has the skill to back up his hate, IMO. In any case, I'm just a messanger and a fan. I give news and inside info (that which doesn't spoil future projects of course) and I give my personal opinion based on what I hear as a fan of Dre and Hip Hop.

C'mon dude... you've seen me post here for a while now. You know what I'm about, pimp.
He is close to DOC due to being the nephew of Chocolate. Not so much related, but very close since DOC has watched Slim grow up (again, due to his close relationship to Chocolate). Chocolate lived with The DOC for a long time back in the 80s. He didn't get his own pad until "Ice Ice Baby" took off and he bought his own crib. And even if Slim was the one who "cried" at Dre to sign him (and NOT DOC/Chocolate;), I wonder how many rappers Dre would sign if he signed all the rappers that "cried" for him to sign them lol; that's bad business and Dre ain't about to sign you because you begged him to. I know what your about, don't take what I'm saying as a "shot" at you or anything. I'm just posting the way I see it because just like you, I get inside info but I will reveal my sources, because they wouldn't have a problem with it...Chocolate & DJ Silk.

Yeah yeah it's all good, fam. Hopefully we'll get some good music from all them cats, you know?
I agree..hope u don't think i'm trying to argue with cha..just lettin my opinion and info i've get be known..

No doubt... that's why we all look forward to your posts.

Portugoal

lol @ anyone who will check this album and expects good (Dr. Dre produced) songs

Lunatic

C'mon now.

No doubt... that's why we all look forward to your posts.
Same reason I always look forward to yours..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

AGeesta

hopefully its not like Curtais...

that only had like 5 bangers

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hey, rebel or lunatic do either of you have a tracklisting for an og version of the massacre?   

rebel had said it included tracks of get rich or die trying soundtrack.  does anyone know the order and what tracks were originally on the one 50 wants to present to the public before iovine wanted something else.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
hey, rebel or lunatic do either of you have a tracklisting for an og version of the massacre?   

rebel had said it included tracks of get rich or die trying soundtrack.  does anyone know the order and what tracks were originally on the one 50 wants to present to the public before iovine wanted something else.

It's been a couple of years since I heard it so this may not be exact, but from the info I still have and from what I can remember, here it is:

1) The Massacre (Intro.)
2) I Don't Need 'Em
3) Hate It or Love It (feat. The Game)
4) Window Shopper
5) Ski Mask Way
6) This Is 50
7) I'm Supposed to Die Tonight
8) Ryder Music
9) Outta Control [this was originally going to be a bonus track on Game's "The Documentary" featuring Dr. Dre - rapping about beefs and the Vibe Awards '04 incident - but was scrapped]
10) Talk About Me
11) A Baltimore Love Thing
12) In My Hood
13) Best Friend
14) Gunz Come Out
15) Position of Power
16) What If
17) So Amazing (feat. Olivia)
18) When it Rains, it Pours
19) Still Outta Control (feat. Mobb Deep) [this wasn't called Outta Control Remix at the time, forgot the original title)
20) Gatman & Robbin' (feat. Eminem)
21) Hustler's Ambition

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I forget what a good album the massacre was.
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

MediumL

damn the og Massacre woulda been soo dope. I'd say it would even have allowed 50 to continue his domination for a while longer. By adding Candy Shop and Just a lil bit everyone jumped on him for selling out.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!

9) Outta Control [this was originally going to be a bonus track on Game's "The Documentary" featuring Dr. Dre - rapping about beefs and the Vibe Awards '04 incident - but was scrapped]

i would like to hear this
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Get Rich was his best album because it flowed so well from beginning to end and it felt like a story.  That's my biggest complaint about the massacre and especially curtis.  I like the majority of the material but I felt like the track placement was wrong and it failed to tell a story.  =
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

It's been a couple of years since I heard it so this may not be exact, but from the info I still have and from what I can remember, here it is:

1) The Massacre (Intro.)
2) I Don't Need 'Em
3) Hate It or Love It (feat. The Game)
4) Window Shopper
5) Ski Mask Way
6) This Is 50
7) I'm Supposed to Die Tonight
8) Ryder Music
10) Talk About Me
11) A Baltimore Love Thing
12) In My Hood
13) Best Friend
14) Gunz Come Out
15) Position of Power
16) What If
17) So Amazing (feat. Olivia)
18) When it Rains, it Pours
19) Still Outta Control (feat. Mobb Deep) [this wasn't called Outta Control Remix at the time, forgot the original title)
20) Gatman & Robbin' (feat. Eminem)
21) Hustler's Ambition

Fuckin Jimmy, that album would have been classic