Author Topic: Dr. Dre Says Motivation Delaying ‘Detox’  (Read 2716 times)

dameons

Re: Dr. Dre Says Motivation Delaying ‘Detox’
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 04:41:40 PM »
So is he saying that he is not motivated or he has too much motivation toward other things ? Not sure what he is saying there. There is no real surprise there anyway . We knew his shit wasn't coming out until 2010. But , Relapse 2 won't come out this year either bcuz they won't release it so soon after 50's weak album in November . Eminem won't come out until March and then we'll get Dre's shit in the winter time of next year.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »
Dr. Dre’s Detox has been a long time coming and the delay is about to get even longer.

When asked by ABCNews.com what’s been keeping him busy, Dre laughed, “Only my album that I’ve been working on for the last 10 years, that’s it, Detox record.”

The hip-hop pioneer shot down any glimmer of hope that the project is coming out this year. “Hopefully I’ll get it done at the end of this year and we can hear it next year.”

What’s the holdup? “Motivation, other things getting in the way, that’s it.” And headphones. Just last week he unveiled a cheaper, lightweight version of his popular Beats by Dr. Dre.

www.rap-up.com

Steroids Are Delaying Detox

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
its going to drop in 2010

:o OH SHIT 'PLANT'!!!!! that's a hella NICE sig, it's tha shit!!  8)

FUCK A DETOX, I Want a REFORMATION, THEN I'll FEEL SAFE & READY ENOUGH TO DETOX!  8) ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:27:17 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

SoilSavy707

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 06:03:07 PM »
What a bunch of shit. I can't believe it would take somebody 10+ years to come up with enough songs to drop on an album. If he were really that talented, he would have dropped 2 cd's within this time frame. Look at all musicians from accross the board and you wouldn't see some chicken shit like this. However, of course I will buy it when it comes out.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 07:54:20 PM »
You're an idiot if you think it's actually taking 10+ years to complete Detox.  Clearly, he's started various recording sessions and then lost the motivation to release another record.  The tracks for various versions of Detox were given to Aftermath artists - Eminem, 50 Cent, Game, & Busta Rhymes.  Dre's work ethic shouldn't be questioned.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
You're an idiot if you think it's actually taking 10+ years to complete Detox.  Clearly, he's started various recording sessions and then lost the motivation to release another record.  The tracks for various versions of Detox were given to Aftermath artists - Eminem, 50 Cent, Game, & Busta Rhymes.  Dre's work ethic shouldn't be questioned.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

sofdark

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 09:07:25 PM »
haha cant u all see? it was written to promote the new beat headphones.
Dre fuckin with all of us with this detox comments.

BIGWORM

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »
I'm laughing at all the people that are still waiting for this album. Who cares about this shit after all those wack ass tracks that leaked. I have a feeling this album is going to be some wack shit along the lines of that first Aftermath Presents album. Compilation style. Yes I know both the "chronic" and "chronic 2001" were compilation style but at least they were WEST COAST. He's gonna sell out and drop some POP shit.....

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »
I'm laughing at all the people that are still waiting for this album. Who cares about this shit after all those wack ass tracks that leaked. I have a feeling this album is going to be some wack shit along the lines of that first Aftermath Presents album. Compilation style. Yes I know both the "chronic" and "chronic 2001" were compilation style but at least they were WEST COAST. He's gonna sell out and drop some POP shit.....
Warren G
DJ Silk
Chocolate
DOC
Slim Tha Mobsta
Bishop Lamont
Kurupt
Snoop Dogg
The Game
Mel-Man
Knoc-turn'al

etc...not saying all those names will make Detox, but they have worked on it...so who says Dre ain't doing a west coast record?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »

Pop shit = selling out?

haha!

He went from NWA

I still express, yo, I don't smoke weed or a sess.
Cause its known to give a brother brain damage.
And brain damage on the mic don't manage

to the Chronic.  If you're going to say he sold out you might as well go back to when there's an obvious contradiction.

but, I think the selling out argument is lame - especially when it comes to hip-hop.  so get the fuck over yourself and learn to enjoy more music

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 10:31:53 PM »

I agree, I have a bad feeling about this.  I mean if he's got 50, TI, Wayne, whoever else it's gonna be wack.  The shit I've heard so far has been disappointing.  But outside of a few beats here and there, Dre hasn't impressed me in several years.  Nate Dogg is on the disable list, Em is wack nowadays, Snoop is wack, Game is gonna name drop every celebrity 400 times, etc. 

I haven't been anticipating this in years tho, and i haven't gotten my hopes up for it since I heard him talking about it in like 2000.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 11:09:15 PM »
The sell-out argument is especially lame given the situation in question. If he's only interested in making money, why would he wait 10 years to drop another album?

AGeesta

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 01:18:53 AM »
 :'(

Mietek23

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 01:44:11 AM »
LOL at people still waiting for that bullshit record :laugh:

You got a better chance to be kidnaped by a fuckin' UFO than hearing that shit..!

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 05:39:11 AM »
lol, when detox will be out, all of you are going to be on dre's nuts