Author Topic: Dr. Dre Says Motivation Delaying ‘Detox’  (Read 2683 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Dr. Dre Says Motivation Delaying ‘Detox’
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 07:32:06 AM »
like i said in an other topic:

Warren made early contributions so it's good to see he's making new ones. Sounds like Dre is going hard right now for Detox. DOC said it should be done in November..will see..
:laugh:
Detox is an ultimate project for Dre, why do you think he lists Quincy Jones as an influence?
this project may or may not ever see the light of the day.

Dre has nothing to prove & the biggest pressure comes from himself.
while Detox was first priority for Dre a few times in the past and may become again in the future, it definitely isn't first priority right now.
The DOC is just being a hypeman.

Did U really expect it to be RELEASED this year? As he says, I think it'll be done by the end of this year, or 1st quarter 2010 tops. This record is going to come out.
It probably won't be completed by Q2 2010, never mind it being released. I think a realistic release date would be early 2011.
I think it's getting close to being finished..

getting close to getting finished?
according to reports (from Bishop,Quik etc.) Dre got xxx amount of tracks done... but he ain't feeling (most of) them.
So what makes you believe he will ever be satisfied?

DOC believes so..and nobody knows better than him..

you must be naïve if you really believe that.
The DOC has dropped a few rough release dates over the years but Detox is still not out

SoilSavy707

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 08:04:39 AM »
You're an idiot if you think it's actually taking 10+ years to complete Detox.  Clearly, he's started various recording sessions and then lost the motivation to release another record.  The tracks for various versions of Detox were given to Aftermath artists - Eminem, 50 Cent, Game, & Busta Rhymes.  Dre's work ethic shouldn't be questioned.

Last time I checked, Detox is NOT completed. I do give him credit for putting out other recordings but you can't always just say he gave up the songs for other artists to use. Why can't you put out shit for other people and drop your own record? Obviously, in 10+ years he doesn't have enough quality shit of his own to put on 1 cd. Straight bullshit.

Paul

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 08:08:48 AM »
I'm laughing at all the people that are still waiting for this album. Who cares about this shit after all those wack ass tracks that leaked. I have a feeling this album is going to be some wack shit along the lines of that first Aftermath Presents album. Compilation style. Yes I know both the "chronic" and "chronic 2001" were compilation style but at least they were WEST COAST. He's gonna sell out and drop some POP shit.....
Warren G
DJ Silk
Chocolate
DOC
Slim Tha Mobsta
Bishop Lamont
Kurupt
Snoop Dogg
The Game
Mel-Man
Knoc-turn'al

etc...not saying all those names will make Detox, but they have worked on it...so who says Dre ain't doing a west coast record?

Id be delighted if that was the features on the album
funkyfreshintheflesh

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 08:50:15 AM »
Nowadays everybody wanna type like they got sumthing to say..
but nuthing comes out when they move their wrists..
just a bunch of stupid sh*t..
yall remember the last time yall Forgot About Dre?

..i believe it was leading up to Chronic 2(001).
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 09:50:36 AM »
I'm laughing at all the people that are still waiting for this album. Who cares about this shit after all those wack ass tracks that leaked. I have a feeling this album is going to be some wack shit along the lines of that first Aftermath Presents album. Compilation style. Yes I know both the "chronic" and "chronic 2001" were compilation style but at least they were WEST COAST. He's gonna sell out and drop some POP shit.....
Warren G
DJ Silk
Chocolate
DOC
Slim Tha Mobsta
Bishop Lamont
Kurupt
Snoop Dogg
The Game
Mel-Man
Knoc-turn'al

etc...not saying all those names will make Detox, but they have worked on it...so who says Dre ain't doing a west coast record?

Dre himself, he's making a universal album ;D

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »
yes but Warren G said he is on Detox..DJ Silk is on Detox..Chocolate is on Detox..Slim Tha Mobsta is on Detox..Bishop Lamont will be on Detox..Snoop Dogg will be on Detox..The Game will be on Detox..

and there are other west coast artists that have recorded (Kurupt, Knoc, etc.) so don't act like the west coast will be absent ::)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

redspyda

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 10:00:17 AM »
WHAT year was it that Dre said on the game song "Look out for Detox?" smh

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »
You're an idiot if you think it's actually taking 10+ years to complete Detox.  Clearly, he's started various recording sessions and then lost the motivation to release another record.  The tracks for various versions of Detox were given to Aftermath artists - Eminem, 50 Cent, Game, & Busta Rhymes.  Dre's work ethic shouldn't be questioned.

Last time I checked, Detox is NOT completed. I do give him credit for putting out other recordings but you can't always just say he gave up the songs for other artists to use. Why can't you put out shit for other people and drop your own record? Obviously, in 10+ years he doesn't have enough quality shit of his own to put on 1 cd. Straight bullshit.

Or maybe his personal level of perfection hasn't been reached yet.  It doesn't mean all the music he's created isn't quality.  It just means Dre didn't want to release it.  This is the same mutherfucka that thinks 2001 sounds bland.  His ear isn't like nobody elses.  He's far beyond most sonically.  You're on some small time shit while he's trying to create the future. 

Dre doesn't have to do shit anyways.  He's already established himself, made other artists, and put his time in all around.  Additionally, Dre's rarely spoke on Detox.  It's always been other artists.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »

Or maybe his personal level of perfection hasn't been reached yet.  It doesn't mean all the music he's created isn't quality.  It just means Dre didn't want to release it.  This is the same mutherfucka that thinks 2001 sounds bland.  His ear isn't like nobody elses.  He's far beyond most sonically.  You're on some small time shit while he's trying to create the future. 

Dre doesn't have to do shit anyways.  He's already established himself, made other artists, and put his time in all around.  Additionally, Dre's rarely spoke on Detox.  It's always been other artists.

true but weather you wanna admit it or not...if Detox is wack or dont reach peoples high ass expectations (which it prolly wont), its def gonna hurt his legacy..

IMO in between these years since his last album he could've AT LEAST dropped 3 or 4 quality albums..instead of workin on 1 for years and its still not here 2day

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 11:36:57 AM »
yes but Warren G said he is on Detox..DJ Silk is on Detox..Chocolate is on Detox..Slim Tha Mobsta is on Detox..Bishop Lamont will be on Detox..Snoop Dogg will be on Detox..The Game will be on Detox..

and there are other west coast artists that have recorded (Kurupt, Knoc, etc.) so don't act like the west coast will be absent ::)
hey, i'm not one of those types that says that Dre "abandoned" his coast :laugh: ;)

i'm just saying that Dre is not going to make a "strictly west coast album".
by the way, the features aren't final as Detox isn't done & it keeps changing

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 11:48:22 AM »
At this point for me, if it comes out great, if it doesn't hey it was not meant to be.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »
At this point for me, if it comes out great, if it doesn't hey it was not meant to be.
yeah i'm sure there are some crazy instrumentals in the vaults though.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 12:02:34 PM »

true but weather you wanna admit it or not...if Detox is wack or dont reach peoples high ass expectations (which it prolly wont), its def gonna hurt his legacy..

IMO in between these years since his last album he could've AT LEAST dropped 3 or 4 quality albums..instead of workin on 1 for years and its still not here 2day

I agree with you.  He could have easily released many albums and that this album will be hard to live up to expectations but I think he'll pull through.  I think there's a reason we haven't seen or heard much from Dre lately.  Especially really dope shit.  It's all being saved until Detox drops.  And, if Detox doesn't drops the beats are most likely going to be sold to other artists.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »
you won't get to hear most of the instrumentals, trust me

Invincible

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 12:14:11 PM »

We are just gonna have to wait for Wide Awake to buy them out.  ;D