Author Topic: [NEW] Crooked I - Guess Who's Back (ft. Snoop Dogg)  (Read 2738 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: [NEW] Crooked I - Guess Who's Back (ft. Snoop Dogg)
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 12:00:05 PM »
the beat is aight

not really feeling it
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

machete

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »
good to see something from this release, but when will it be released?  saw an interview where Crook said he was going to step aside until Royce dropped his

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 12:07:16 PM »
Good to see them on a track together, but the track is pretty average to me. Beat is ehh.
yeah good for them that the beef is over :)

anyway, that beat is weird indeed, i'll try to let it sink in though.

It sounds cut and paste, just thrown together. I mean I can understand Crook wanting to get Snoop on a track, but from a fan's perspective, to wait that long for them to sqaush it and you get this, it is just average to me.
i understand.

well i never really wanted them to collaborate, so i was just curious to hear what they made together.

EFFeX

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »
Good to see them on a track together, but the track is pretty average to me. Beat is ehh.

It sounds cut and paste, just thrown together. I mean I can understand Crook wanting to get Snoop on a track, but from a fan's perspective, to wait that long for them to sqaush it and you get this, it is just average to me.

I think that the collaboration was more of a statement that the beef is squashed and that tension in that corner of the West has been put to rest.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 12:26:04 PM »

I think that the collaboration was more of a statement that the beef is squashed and that tension in that corner of the West has been put to rest.

Oh I understand that part of it and respect it. But for me, and before everyone jumps down my throat on this it is just a analogy, these 2 are like Nas and Jay on the East. If not 1,2 they are at the very least top 5 on the coast. Make something epic, something innovative. Now I hope that is still in the works, but this song to me sounds like something that was already done by Crook and he let Snoop listen to it and Snoop laid the hook, which is pretty much a recycled verse.

Now granted the couple tracks Nas and Jay did together the arguement can be made that they could also do better but after a couple listens this track is just average to me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:27:46 PM by D~Nice »

EFFeX

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »

Oh I understand that part of it and respect it. But for me, and before everyone jumps down my throat on this it is just a analogy, these 2 are like Nas and Jay on the East. If not 1,2 they are at the very least top 5 on the coast. Make something epic, something innovative. Now I hope that is still in the works, but this song to me sounds like something that was already done by Crook and he let Snoop listen to it and Snoop laid the hook, which is pretty much a recycled verse.

Now granted the couple tracks Nas and Jay did together the arguement can be made that they could also do better but after a couple listens this track is just average to me.

Word...

I can understand what your saying. Hopefully, this is just the pre-cursor for bigger things to come.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 12:32:54 PM »
snoop only on the hook and STILL kills this nigga on his own shit

the is the first time crooked getting buzz

dope track
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
LOL vader will love this song, haha ;D

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 01:32:57 PM »
I didnt notice Crooked and his talent until Snoop dissed him here on DubCNN, so this song means a lot to me. That being said, i would have loved something a bit more westcoast and a verse from snoop, perhaps them trading rhymes about how they used to do it back in the day. Something a bit more epic.

dope anyway  8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 01:35:38 PM »
Damn this is good looking, but was expecting some super west coast banger. Hopefully this track does well though, props on the hook up

Okka

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 01:38:15 PM »
Good to see there's a beat from Frequency on that shit. P.Silva producin' on the EP too, is he the brother of J.Silva?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 01:40:23 PM »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

JohnnyL

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 01:51:50 PM »
Track is tight.  Not really too much Snoop on there, but tight none-the-less.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 02:21:40 PM »
cool song..was expecting a verse from snoop dogg tho.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM