Author Topic: Jay Rock is wack  (Read 1195 times)

Lunatic

Re: Jay Rock is wack
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 01:33:42 PM »
i'm a big fan..dude spits heat..

yeah, u also interview artist too...

and your point is? i've interviewed plenty of artists that i'm not a fan of and i ain't afraid to admit it..Lil Flip & DJ UNK come to mind..so that just back fired on u 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »

and your point is? i've interviewed plenty of artists that i'm not a fan of and i ain't afraid to admit it..Lil Flip & DJ UNK come to mind..so that just back fired on u 8)

no it didnt and here 1 of u muthafuckaz go gettin all emo and shit over nothin.  but the artist that u named aren't really people u should b warry of admittting u don't like... c'mon now, DJ UNK and Lil' Flip those are like the two most obvious artist that people wouldn't be surprised that u dont fuck wit.  now if u woulda said Trick Daddy or Jada then niggaz woulda gang'd up on u but u said Unk and Flip.  

Anyways, point blank. no it didn't backfire on me and Jay Rock needs a writer.  

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 01:57:39 PM »

no i didnt and here 1 of u muthafuckaz go gettin all emo and shit over nothin.  but the artist that u named aren't really people u should b warry of admittting u don't like... c'mon now, DJ UNK and Lil' Flip those are like the two most obvious artist that people wouldn't be surprised that u dont fuck wit.  now if u woulda said Trick Daddy or Jada then niggaz woulda gang'd up on u but u said Unk and Flip. 

what? LOL..im the wrong dude to say im getting "emo" over your opinion cuz I don't get butt hurt over opinions..i disagree and keep it movin..

I just used Flip and UNK as examples..i ain't afraid to admit if i don't like a rapper i interviewed..but that ain't the case with Jay Rock..is that so hard to believe? LOL..or is your opinion FACT?

Jay Rock "Respect Me" with Tyrese won me the fuck over..

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 02:20:58 PM »

no i didnt and here 1 of u muthafuckaz go gettin all emo and shit over nothin.  but the artist that u named aren't really people u should b warry of admittting u don't like... c'mon now, DJ UNK and Lil' Flip those are like the two most obvious artist that people wouldn't be surprised that u dont fuck wit.  now if u woulda said Trick Daddy or Jada then niggaz woulda gang'd up on u but u said Unk and Flip.  

what? LOL..im the wrong dude to say im getting "emo" over your opinion cuz I don't get butt hurt over opinions..i disagree and keep it movin..

I just used Flip and UNK as examples..i ain't afraid to admit if i don't like a rapper i interviewed..but that ain't the case with Jay Rock..is that so hard to believe? LOL..or is your opinion FACT?

lets not get into a vivid discussion about Jay Rock bcuz like i've said the nigga's not that hot and it's not that serious.  u like him that's cool, i like a couple of his records that's cool but homey lets b real real about this shit.  Jay Rock vs. Glasses, not happenin', Jay Rock vs. Game, not happenin', Jay Rock vs. Crooked I- nope, Jay Rock vs. Nipsey- you're kidding.  It's pretty much that way.  I'm not tryna make it seems like i have the only opinion worth listening too but my man, Jay Rock just isn't poppin'.  Maybe if he takes off 4 like a year and comes back with some flame then yeah, Jay Rock all day but as of now he's getting an D+.  I could fall asleep (literally) listening to a Jay Rock album.  He makes Hip Hop music seem so 1-sided (him and a few others).  

I mean he's a str8 up Blood right?  so u would figure he'd have something to talk about besides just gang reppin'.  stop hollarin' Watts on every track and make your music a lil' more uptempo, it's kinda dull and boring.  Literally there's no reason for me to listen to a Jay Rock album and i'm n tha streets, i know wat i/we fuck wit and wanna hear.  Rock won't make it past Compton.  

I ain't no hater but lets be real, if u were to get a Jay Rock album, how much of it could u relate to, how many tracks do u think u could play in a row without skipping, and how much RePlay value does the nigga have?   Cali is better off Jerkin' or just tellin' stories of the West.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 02:24:04 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »
imo

Crooked I > The Game > Nipsey Hussle > Jay Rock > Glasses

I like all 5 though

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
imo

I like all 5 though

i kinda fuck wit Rock too but i aint fittin' tah just ride wit Rock bcuz the nigga some new nigga from the West that's supposed to blow up.  Naw, I'd rather root for the Redskins.

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »
imo

I like all 5 though

i kinda fuck wit Rock too but i aint fittin' tah just ride wit Rock bcuz the nigga some new nigga from the West that's supposed to blow up.  Naw, I'd rather root for the Redskins.
i only included those 5 because there the ones u brought up

Invincible

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »

no i didnt and here 1 of u muthafuckaz go gettin all emo and shit over nothin.  but the artist that u named aren't really people u should b warry of admittting u don't like... c'mon now, DJ UNK and Lil' Flip those are like the two most obvious artist that people wouldn't be surprised that u dont fuck wit.  now if u woulda said Trick Daddy or Jada then niggaz woulda gang'd up on u but u said Unk and Flip.  

lets not get into a vivid discussion about Jay Rock bcuz like i've said the nigga's not that hot and it's not that serious.  u like him that's cool, i like a couple of his records that's cool but homey lets b real real about this shit.  Jay Rock vs. Glasses, not happenin', Jay Rock vs. Game, not happenin', Jay Rock vs. Crooked I- nope, Jay Rock vs. Nipsey- you're kidding.  It's pretty much that way.  I'm not tryna make it seems like i have the only opinion worth listening too but my man, Jay Rock just isn't poppin'.  Maybe if he takes off 4 like a year and comes back with some flame then yeah, Jay Rock all day but as of now he's getting an D+.  I could fall asleep (literally) listening to a Jay Rock album.  He makes Hip Hop music seem so 1-sided (him and a few others).  

I mean he's a str8 up Blood right?  so u would figure he'd have something to talk about besides just gang reppin'.  stop hollarin' Watts on every track and make your music a lil' more uptempo, it's kinda dull and boring.  Literally there's no reason for me to listen to a Jay Rock album and i'm n tha streets, i know wat i/we fuck wit and wanna hear.  Rock won't make it past Compton.  

I ain't no hater but lets be real, if u were to get a Jay Rock album, how much of it could u relate to, how many tracks do u think u could play in a row without skipping, and how much RePlay value does the nigga have?   Cali is better off Jerkin' or just tellin' stories of the West.

But you can relate to Gucci Mane?

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 04:36:39 PM »
^ I think there's a part of EVERYBODY on here that can relate to Gucci  :P

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »
Luna why you wasting time schooling these cats ?? lol.

jokes aside, Kick 4rm 301 I agree that some joints have been a little boring but that joint with Tyrese was tight, his 112 bars over Pac's CANT C ME was nice, All my life was sick and his D.O.A remix is off the hook. imo. give those a listen, it might change your opinion...

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 07:32:41 PM »
I'm not a fan of much of the new west.  Jay Rock feels like poor man's version of Tupac.  Many feel like watered down versions of popular 90's artists.  Most lack creativity and a genuine feeling. 

Bishop Lamont is one of the few I do bump.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 07:43:39 PM »
Luna why you wasting time schooling these cats ?? lol.

jokes aside, Kick 4rm 301 I agree that some joints have been a little boring but that joint with Tyrese was tight, his 112 bars over Pac's CANT C ME was nice, All my life was sick and his D.O.A remix is off the hook. imo. give those a listen, it might change your opinion...

i have, and i've also given the other tracks he put out in tha last 8 months (and before) burn too and that's why i ended up making this topic.  this isn't a random rant, it's an evaluation (seein' as how he just finished up his month long song drop not too long ago). 

DPGC23

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 09:14:54 PM »
THAT TRACK WITH SCHOOLBOYQ N KDOT IS DOPE

MANDATORY
"ITS MANDATORY MY DUDE"
CHOWWFFF

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

Fraxxx

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 02:28:39 AM »
Never felt Jay Rock. Technically, he's not that hard and I can't stand his voice, so there's not really much he can do to win me over. But you gotta rerspect the hustle, I just won't buy anything he puts out.  8)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 02:38:10 AM »
can you rap better than him?

Yes i can (and i say that honestly).  its not hard to rap BETTER than Jay Rock.  He doesn't have much content or substance in his music.  Pass me a whiskey and coke or a blunt or both and im shittin' on Jay Rock.  I was all for Jay Rock and I was boosted when I first saw that video with Lil' Wayne but now its just more like "next".  I'll still root 4 tha nigga foreal foreal, he just needs to make better music.  It's like the nigga tryna sound like Game and Biggie at tha same time when he rap.

kinda agree wid soundin like game/biggie
and post ur rap up. let ppl c if u better than jay