Author Topic: [New] Snoop Dogg ft The Dream - Gangsta Luv  (Read 3014 times)

Matty

Re: [New] Snoop Dogg ft The Dream - Gangsta Luv
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2009, 02:45:29 PM »
this track is fucking banging

should be getting plenty of radio play

did somebody say objective ;D

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2009, 02:51:37 PM »
I can really see this song going either way, smash hit or flop. Life Of The Party I thought FOR SURE was a hit record and it never reached that status (except a few spots on the west coast). Even as much as Drop It Like It's Hot as many people at first did not like that record, it was a hit as well. Hard to say in this day and age what people will gravitate towards.

Matty

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2009, 02:57:57 PM »
I can really see this song going either way, smash hit or flop. Life Of The Party I thought FOR SURE was a hit record and it never reached that status (except a few spots on the west coast). Even as much as Drop It Like It's Hot as many people at first did not like that record, it was a hit as well. Hard to say in this day and age what people will gravitate towards.

was strange the way drop it like its hot took off. it was around for quite a while before it really blew in popularity. i didn't really like it at first either but it was definitely a grower. gotta give pharrell his props for being ahead of the curve.

commercial music was really popping off back then.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »

was strange the way drop it like its hot took off. it was around for quite a while before it really blew in popularity. i didn't really like it at first either but it was definitely a grower. gotta give pharrell his props for being ahead of the curve.

Yeah all of Snoop's singles were like that off of Rhythm & Gangsta. Signs, Ups & Downs, Let's Get Blown, I would listen to them and be like ehh it is catchy but I don't know if it will and sure enough it would blow up. I stopped doubting Pharrell and Snoop after that album together. This one I have the same feelings about it but I am not sure it will catch on though.

Invincible

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2009, 03:04:16 PM »

Yeah all of Snoop's singles were like that off of Rhythm & Gangsta. Signs, Ups & Downs, Let's Get Blown, I would listen to them and be like ehh it is catchy but I don't know if it will and sure enough it would blow up. I stopped doubting Pharrell and Snoop after that album together. This one I have the same feelings about it but I am not sure it will catch on though.

It won't catch on with that awful hook.

Matty

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »

It won't catch on with that awful hook.

i don't think the general music buying audience are too put off by terrible hooks. didn't lil wayne go platinum not that long ago ;D

Lunatic

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »
Who prod. this? Tricky Stewart?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

PLANT

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2009, 03:40:40 PM »
Who prod. this? Tricky Stewart?
Produced by Tricky Stewart and the Dream

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2009, 03:55:58 PM »
Anyone who says they don't like this song is just trying to be controversial and nothing will ever please these people.  Great track.  This is about the warmest reception you can get from these forums.  It seems like there's an angry mob on here to where nothing will ever please them, and I don't think most of these ingrates have bought an album since the Clinton administration.  Excellent job and thumbs up for Snoop finally coming real with it and putting it down for the West Coast.  Now who is looking forward to his new album or are you looking forward to buying old leftover copies from 1993 with old outdated beats and a bunch of rappers who aren't even relevant?

I explained in musical terms why I don't like the song.  Where's your explanation?  ::)

I'm still looking forward to the album, but I judged this song on its own merit.  You got your feelings hurt.  Sounds to me as if you're the one who's being controversial.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

love33

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »
This is some dumbed down fast-food bubblegum sellout type of shiit! Why the fuck would Snoop choose beats like that when he's got producers like Battlecat Terrace and Jelly Roll at his disposal? The "consumers" are so fucking stupid that their ears can't handle music with more debth to it than this fucking garbage. That's why this type of music will never be classic. Because it always comes back around to real music. 

LOL this is 2009.  Those guys are still producing beats from the 90's.  People want to hear the modern, techno/club driven, beach sound.  Go listen to "Throw It In The Bag" and "Walking On The Moon," that's the current sound.  Are those guys still wearing the Starter Jackets too?

PLANT

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2009, 04:14:56 PM »
Instrumental
http://usershare.net/9v7arsyuowxa

Dirty
http://usershare.net/knu2i98sefix

this track is mad dope, dont understand the hate...the beat is dope enough to like on its own, and Snoop and Dream sound great on that!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:23:29 PM by PLANT »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2009, 04:16:31 PM »
Dubcc is so wack for feedbacks... if it was Crooked I instead of snoop... everybody would be praising this shit, the song is what it is a SINGLE! in 2009 u need that type of shit to sell records, plus the beat is banging if it was produced by Terrace or Quik.. yall would be like damn thats the shiiit....

PLANT

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »
Dubcc is so wack for feedbacks... if it was Crooked I instead of snoop... everybody would be praising this shit, the song is what it is a SINGLE! in 2009 u need that type of shit to sell records, plus the beat is banging if it was produced by Terrace or Quik.. yall would be like damn thats the shiiit....
I hear that!

Matty

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2009, 04:35:40 PM »

i like the fact that there are divided opinions on stuff like this. would be lame if everyone was like yeah this is great or were all bashing on it. i give everyone credit for their opinions, unless they are straight insane or overly bias. we definitely have a little of the bias on here sometimes ;D

and props on the links.

Al Bundy

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »

i like the fact that there are divided opinions on stuff like this. would be lame if everyone was like yeah this is great or were all bashing on it. i give everyone credit for their opinions, unless they are straight insane or overly bias. we definitely have a little of the bias on here sometimes ;D

and props on the links.

a little bias? come on son