Author Topic: [New] Snoop Dogg ft The Dream - Gangsta Luv  (Read 3013 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: [New] Snoop Dogg ft The Dream - Gangsta Luv
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2009, 04:41:01 PM »
Dubcc is so wack for feedbacks... if it was Crooked I instead of snoop... everybody would be praising this shit, the song is what it is a SINGLE! in 2009 u need that type of shit to sell records, plus the beat is banging if it was produced by Terrace or Quik.. yall would be like damn thats the shiiit....

No the problem is feedback is a 2 way street. I am going to make a thread about this very topic in a minute. Agreed many people in here do give opinions that really have no backing at times, but many do give honest feedback. Me personally I said the song is cool, the hook is ehh to me. I get labeled a hater for saying that. Do I personally gives 2 shits? No, but at the very least I listened to it and gave my opinion. The problem with most people here and it gets to the point sometimes to why do I even bother with this forum is people cannot take constructive criticism. You either have to love it or hate it and anything else or both and you automatically are labeled a hater or a dickrider. It is getting to the point artists can't take criticism.

This is some dumbed down fast-food bubblegum sellout type of shiit! Why the fuck would Snoop choose beats like that when he's got producers like Battlecat Terrace and Jelly Roll at his disposal? The "consumers" are so fucking stupid that their ears can't handle music with more debth to it than this fucking garbage. That's why this type of music will never be classic. Because it always comes back around to real music.  

LOL this is 2009.  Those guys are still producing beats from the 90's.  People want to hear the modern, techno/club driven, beach sound.  Go listen to "Throw It In The Bag" and "Walking On The Moon," that's the current sound.  Are those guys still wearing the Starter Jackets too?

How is that new sound working for Fat Joe?

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »
Well im not surprised that im not impressed. It's not horrible but it's not good either. The hook is god awful i aint expecting snoop to out out some bangin westcoast g-funk cause he hasn't in sometime but damn can we atleast get back to the basics of rap where these guys would do their own hooks?

Matty

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2009, 04:48:00 PM »
Dubcc is so wack for feedbacks... if it was Crooked I instead of snoop... everybody would be praising this shit, the song is what it is a SINGLE! in 2009 u need that type of shit to sell records, plus the beat is banging if it was produced by Terrace or Quik.. yall would be like damn thats the shiiit....

No the problem is feedback is a 2 way street. I am going to make a thread about this very topic in a minute. Agreed many people in here do give opinions that really have no backing at times, but many do give honest feedback. Me personally I said the song is cool, the hook is ehh to me. I get labeled a hater for saying that. Do I personally gives 2 shits? No, but at the very least I listened to it and gave my opinion. The problem with most people here and it gets to the point sometimes to why do I even bother with this forum is people cannot take constructive criticism. You either have to love it or hate it and anything else or both and you automatically are labeled a hater or a dickrider. It is getting to the point artists can't take criticism.

This is some dumbed down fast-food bubblegum sellout type of shiit! Why the fuck would Snoop choose beats like that when he's got producers like Battlecat Terrace and Jelly Roll at his disposal? The "consumers" are so fucking stupid that their ears can't handle music with more debth to it than this fucking garbage. That's why this type of music will never be classic. Because it always comes back around to real music.  

LOL this is 2009.  Those guys are still producing beats from the 90's.  People want to hear the modern, techno/club driven, beach sound.  Go listen to "Throw It In The Bag" and "Walking On The Moon," that's the current sound.  Are those guys still wearing the Starter Jackets too?

pretty much. the hater label is pulled out a lot more often that the opposite side of the coin. your right it is coming to the point where artists can't take criticism. not all new music is good music, not all new sounds are good and mesh well with every artist.

artists themselves seem to embody this way of thinking too. i dunno if its too much ego or pride, but its always, this is the new shit, fuck the haters. listening to criticism more carefully and interacting with the true fans is the way forward. and they wonder why nobody is selling any cds. im not saying compromise the art, just be more collaborative and less confrontational with the people who are gonna buy it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:50:56 PM by Matty »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2009, 04:50:15 PM »

Certain people may want that sound, but I personally do not want a thousand MC's from all over the coast using the same cookie cutter sound to sell records. That is why the death of autotune struck a cord with so many people. What works for T-Pain does not work for Busta Rhymes or Twista. Just because something works for Rick Ross does not mean it suits Crooked I. We have more than enough talented artists and producers that DO NOT have a 90's sound and everything is not G-Funk. 1500 Or Nothin are dope, XL Middleton, Dae One, Muggs, Fred Wreck, Khalil, the list is endless out west. So how does "following trends" automatically equal success all the time?

Invincible

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »

Certain people may want that sound, but I personally do not want a thousand MC's from all over the coast using the same cookie cutter sound to sell records. That is why the death of autotune struck a cord with so many people. What works for T-Pain does not work for Busta Rhymes or Twista. Just because something works for Rick Ross does not mean it suits Crooked I. We have more than enough talented artists and producers that DO NOT have a 90's sound and everything is not G-Funk. 1500 Or Nothin are dope, XL Middleton, Dae One, Muggs, Fred Wreck, Khalil, the list is endless out west. So how does "following trends" automatically equal success all the time?

One of the best quotes ever. D-nice keeping it real as usual. +1

love33

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »

I agree.  There are some cool cats on here, but a lot of angry internet mobsters just looking to be controversial and rip on and bash everything that an artist does.  They are jerkin and strokin for some old copies of the Doggystyle outtakes and some suge knight leftovers, begging this soon-to-be bankrupt woman to crawl through a hole and open a vault for them.  They want Snoop to rap over Blaqtovin and Soopafly beats and make "Gin and Juice 3" with Richie Rich and Mack 10.  Meanwhile, the world keeps turning and music evolves and these people sit inside their closets pretending its the east vs west beef wars and they can't wait for the next pac leftovers album.

So how does "following trends" automatically equal success all the time?

Are you kidding me man?  people want to hear the modern sound because it's 2009, not 1995. There are people on here asking about Snoop doing old G-Funk tapes, I sometimes question to myself if people are just saying it to be controversial or stir up a reaction from the reader  ::). The Dream is hot right now, he's got the club single ("Rockin That Shit"), the track with Kanye ("Walkin On The Moon"), and the banger with Fabolous ("Throw It In The Bag"). 
It only makes sense that Snoop collabs with him and makes it happen.  This is what people want to hear.  I question sometimes if these mobsters are really Snoop fans and want to see him sell records, make good music, and represent the west coast, or if they are looking for him to fail and hate on all his work.
This track will put Snoop's face back on the radio, in the clubs, and mainly, in people's IPODs and CD Changers.
So people need to stop this anger and just move on if you're bitter.

Invincible

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2009, 05:20:49 PM »

I agree.  There are some cool cats on here, but a lot of angry internet mobsters just looking to be controversial and rip on and bash everything that an artist does.  They are jerkin and strokin for some old copies of the Doggystyle outtakes and some suge knight leftovers, begging this soon-to-be bankrupt woman to crawl through a hole and open a vault for them.  They want Snoop to rap over Blaqtovin and Soopafly beats and make "Gin and Juice 3" with Richie Rich and Mack 10.  Meanwhile, the world keeps turning and music evolves and these people sit inside their closets pretending its the east vs west beef wars and they can't wait for the next pac leftovers album.

Are you kidding me man?  people want to hear the modern sound because it's 2009, not 1995. There are people on here asking about Snoop doing old G-Funk tapes, I sometimes question to myself if people are just saying it to be controversial or stir up a reaction from the reader  ::). The Dream is hot right now, he's got the club single ("Rockin That Shit"), the track with Kanye ("Walkin On The Moon"), and the banger with Fabolous ("Throw It In The Bag").  
It only makes sense that Snoop collabs with him and makes it happen.  This is what people want to hear.  I question sometimes if these mobsters are really Snoop fans and want to see him sell records, make good music, and represent the west coast, or if they are looking for him to fail and hate on all his work.
This track will put Snoop's face back on the radio, in the clubs, and mainly, in people's IPODs and CD Changers.

Who are these supposed people who want to hear this? I for one and many other people on here don't wanna hear Snoop doing this shit. Whatever happened to being original?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »

I agree.  There are some cool cats on here, but a lot of angry internet mobsters just looking to be controversial and rip on and bash everything that an artist does.  They are jerkin and strokin for some old copies of the Doggystyle outtakes and some suge knight leftovers, begging this soon-to-be bankrupt woman to crawl through a hole and open a vault for them.  They want Snoop to rap over Blaqtovin and Soopafly beats and make "Gin and Juice 3" with Richie Rich and Mack 10.  Meanwhile, the world keeps turning and music evolves and these people sit inside their closets pretending its the east vs west beef wars and they can't wait for the next pac leftovers album.

Are you kidding me man?  people want to hear the modern sound because it's 2009, not 1995. There are people on here asking about Snoop doing old G-Funk tapes, I sometimes question to myself if people are just saying it to be controversial or stir up a reaction from the reader  ::). The Dream is hot right now, he's got the club single ("Rockin That Shit"), the track with Kanye ("Walkin On The Moon"), and the banger with Fabolous ("Throw It In The Bag"). 
It only makes sense that Snoop collabs with him and makes it happen.  This is what people want to hear.  I question sometimes if these mobsters are really Snoop fans and want to see him sell records, make good music, and represent the west coast, or if they are looking for him to fail and hate on all his work.

I know what year it is and everytime you make a arguement with the west involved you say G-Funk. The west is more than just G-Funk. I am talking about this cookie cutter format you seem to think will work for every artist. I do not have a problem with the Dream. The hook on the new song is ehh to me. And working with T-Pain or autotune does not guarantee success.

Again using your analogy why is Fat Joe, Plies, Rick Ross, etc sales tanking on their most recent albums? They are from the south, they should be selling waaaaay more then going down 50-60% in sales. Why is that?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »
and Why is it so important to Rep a region? this West this , west that shit is the reason why some artists will never blow up... and to get back to the topic, Im not a Fan of Dream, and I wish someone else was doing the hook, but shit The Dogg Needs a major Hit on the radio and its the right formula, in todays marketing.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2009, 05:48:46 PM »
Also Love 33, you can ask ANYBODY on this forum, I am a huge Snoop fan. One of the few that actually liked R&G from him. I do not mind change from Snoop, sometimes it does wonders, other times it blows up in his face. People love to hear that music from Snoop and others because it is timeless. I always say this, growing up and listening to 90's west coast music or from other places there is nothing like it. Does that mean new music is wack or new sounds? No.

People get touchy when it comes to Snoop because he tries so many sounds that his albums sound disjointed. His best music is with Dre, that is a fact. He works well with other producers too, and I am smart enough to know the odds of him working with Dre on a consistant basis is slim to none. So yeah he has had to adapt a new sound. That is not to say someone like Quik or T Martin do not do that because they do. Music these days is more of a crap shoot. What if this single does not blow up? A cookie cutter format is not gonna sell Snoop records, a cohesive, fresh sounding album is and contrary to popular belief, we have that out west as well.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2009, 05:52:50 PM »
and Why is it so important to Rep a region? this West this , west that shit is the reason why some artists will never blow up... and to get back to the topic, Im not a Fan of Dream, and I wish someone else was doing the hook, but shit The Dogg Needs a major Hit on the radio and its the right formula, in todays marketing.

I don't think it is so much the point of repping the west for me as much as there are alot of dope artists and producers out here that never get a look. Don't know who's fault that is. In all fairness to Snoop and he even said this, he is always making someone a lil mad when they are lefted off a album. He is only one person.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »

My only concern was Snoop had and normally tries to stick to a concept for his albums. By the time it comes out it is something completely different and it almost comes off like he is concerned more with making a hit record then sticking to the script of what he was originally trying to do. And no explanation.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »
LOL at nobody but me basically even trying to analyze the music as music.  Analyzing music is not a fashion trend -- "oh it's great...no, it's wack."  Do you guys know how to interpret and analyze the arts?  It's not about accepting or hating trends.  That's not even what the approach you should take when you watch a movie or listen to music or look at a painting, etc.

In other words, it's not about what KIND of music Snoop is making -- that's irrelevant.  It's how well he's executing it, whether it be the Neptunes sound on R&G, this processed, electronic sound on Malice in Wonderland, or G-Funk on Doggystyle.  It's not about what sound he's choosing to adopt, but how well he's pulling it off.  Good music can arise out of any type of sound, so it's irrelevant to analyze any art on those sorts of terms, which you guys seem to be doing.  It's how well the artist executes the inspiration they have at the moment.  And right now, Snoop seems to be doing the modern, electronica rap sound...and I'm judging the music not on grounds of whether I like or dislike that sound, but whether he is executing it to its utmost potential.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2009, 07:53:14 PM »
LOL at nobody but me basically even trying to analyze the music as music.  Analyzing music is not a fashion trend -- "oh it's great...no, it's wack."  Do you guys know how to interpret and analyze the arts?  It's not about accepting or hating trends.  That's not even what the approach you should take when you watch a movie or listen to music or look at a painting, etc.

In other words, it's not about what KIND of music Snoop is making -- that's irrelevant.  It's how well he's executing it, whether it be the Neptunes sound on R&G, this processed, electronic sound on Malice in Wonderland, or G-Funk on Doggystyle.  It's not about what sound he's choosing to adopt, but how well he's pulling it off.  Good music can arise out of any type of sound, so it's irrelevant to analyze any art on those sorts of terms, which you guys seem to be doing.  It's how well the artist executes the inspiration they have at the moment.  And right now, Snoop seems to be doing the modern, electronica rap sound...and I'm judging the music not on grounds of whether I like or dislike that sound, but whether he is executing it to its utmost potential.

Good point, and no you are not the only one  ;)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2009, 09:43:21 PM »

+1 on that bro