Author Topic: [New] Snoop Dogg ft The Dream - Gangsta Luv  (Read 3016 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: [New] Snoop Dogg ft The Dream - Gangsta Luv
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
love33, I think there's something you need to understand. Yes all that music you're mentioning is successful in your region, but in the rest of the states, and the rest of the world fewer people are listening to that shit. I've never heard Rick Ross, The Dream, DJ Khaled or any new fat Joe get any sort of radio play where I'm from. Yet people who represent themselves, like Nas, Jigga, Em, T.I. get heaps of play. There's no format for making good universal music, good music is good music, and a lot of it depends on the listeners perception of the artist on the track. What works for Ross won't work for Crooked I. People just need to do themselves, and hope that it works, there's nothing worse than some wack ass one hit wonder who changed his whole steez to blow up...

Oh, Flo Rida does get play though lol...

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »
As much as I like this song, I still think Snoop should do an entire album with Shawty Redd.

Lunatic

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »
Who prod. this? Tricky Stewart?
Produced by Tricky Stewart and the Dream
figures
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2009, 10:18:28 PM »
love33, I think there's something you need to understand. Yes all that music you're mentioning is successful in your region, but in the rest of the states, and the rest of the world fewer people are listening to that shit. I've never heard Rick Ross, The Dream, DJ Khaled or any new fat Joe get any sort of radio play where I'm from. Yet people who represent themselves, like Nas, Jigga, Em, T.I. get heaps of play. There's no format for making good universal music, good music is good music, and a lot of it depends on the listeners perception of the artist on the track. What works for Ross won't work for Crooked I. People just need to do themselves, and hope that it works, there's nothing worse than some wack ass one hit wonder who changed his whole steez to blow up...

+1

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2009, 11:45:26 PM »

+1

Inspired by your own unbiased opinions my man

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »
Dubcc is so wack for feedbacks... if it was Crooked I instead of snoop... everybody would be praising this shit, the song is what it is a SINGLE! in 2009 u need that type of shit to sell records, plus the beat is banging if it was produced by Terrace or Quik.. yall would be like damn thats the shiiit....
wait, didn't i criticise that new Crooked I song?  :eh:

Paul

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2009, 02:11:35 AM »
Dubcc is so wack for feedbacks... if it was Crooked I instead of snoop... everybody would be praising this shit, the song is what it is a SINGLE! in 2009 u need that type of shit to sell records, plus the beat is banging if it was produced by Terrace or Quik.. yall would be like damn thats the shiiit....

I dont like hardly any Crooked I songs  :-\
funkyfreshintheflesh

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2009, 05:52:04 AM »
Not a bad radio-friendly single. Good to hear some new Snoop, though.

MediumL

« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2009, 06:48:31 AM »
I like the song  8) Beat is funky as shit!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2009, 07:51:39 AM »
Garbage!  :-X

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2009, 09:49:18 AM »

I dont like hardly any Crooked I songs  :-\

i see: i only have a few Crooked I songs on my mp3 player.

westside159

« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »
This song is just not it ..   Drop It like its hot was a cool song , Life of the party was ok ,  Gangsta Luv is below average pop sounding shit ...     real talk

love33

« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2009, 05:19:56 PM »

Rap does have a bit of regionalism to it, but the big dogs can get airplay.  Look at T-Pain and Lil Wayne, they get play everywhere.  And you mentioned Flo Rida.  Plies and Fabolous gets play all over.  My point is that if you use the modern sound and appeal to the masses, you are going to get a look.  Snoop is making great music with this look, his flow sounds a little more on point, a little quicker, and you got the Miami feel to the track with the beat, and The Dream just kills it.  It's a good look.  The people on Youtube are all giving it props.  Just look at what people are saying:

Why is it this forum has a mob of people who like to complain everytime someone does something relevant that's modern?  This track will be a huge smash if it gets the push in the clubs and the radios.

PLANT

« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2009, 05:21:05 PM »
wait till the video drops for this it will be huge

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »
wait till the video drops for this it will be huge

huge=/=good