Author Topic: Anyone here ever read ayn rand?  (Read 169 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Anyone here ever read ayn rand?
« on: November 08, 2002, 09:09:02 PM »
i started today... i was speechless

Woodrow

Re:Anyone here ever read ayn rand?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 09:04:46 PM »
Atlas shrugged is one heck of a book...

The Fountanhead is my persnoal fav...

Which one are you reading?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 11:56:04 PM »
the fountainhead... i just started reading it, but the her intro to the 25 anniversary edition made my jaw drop.

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 01:28:40 AM »
Yeah... It's an excellent book...

My good friend gave it to me and It sat on my bedside table for like 6 months.  :-\
I was bored one night so I decided to pick it up.

There are very few books that can change somebody's outlook on life...  This is one of them.

Thanks for posting this, Im off to read it again!

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 02:44:19 AM »
haha.. the funny thing is i was gradually shifting towards that outlook anyways then all of a sudden that book is just right in front of my face im like hmm is this some sort of sign?

For the past year or so I've been going nuts looking up to all sorts of successful people I know.  When I was a kid I just thought wow thats cool so and so is really smart and successful he must live an interesting life.  Now I'm like if I don't get my ass in gear I'm going to miss the bus.  Its all well and good people I know have enjoyed impressive successes, but I'm want to know what that feels like myself.  

Oh yeah, and then I became for the most part aethist after 19 yrs of christianity going to church every single week, etc.  So now its really like, damn no afterlife I better make this life a good one.  

I haven't read the book yet, just the intro but yeah it seems like a great book.  Go check this one out!  

Her philosophy seems a bit depressing at first because you're thinking I'll never be this successful, but everyone on this board is around 20ish. Plenty of years left to make your life a sucess.