Author Topic: You know whats crazy about "Still D.R.E."  (Read 1090 times)

PLANT

You know whats crazy about "Still D.R.E."
« on: October 08, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »
this shit is damn near 10 years old and still sounds brand new...If this shit came out tomorrow it would still sound fresh!

ALL TIME CLASSIC!   best beat ever made, hands down.

acgrundy

Re: You know whats crazy about "Still D.R.E."
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »
yeah I love the song, wouldn't call it best beat ever as that is too hard to call though

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »
yeah I love the song, wouldn't call it best beat ever as that is too hard to call though
the beat is so timeless, its crazy...like I cant think of many other beats that are 10 years old that sound like they came out today...Sure, there are ALOT of dope beats over the years, but something about this beat never gets old.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »
you know what's crazy about STILL DRE??? Scott storch made the catchiest part of the beat and dre got all the credit  8)

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 05:43:44 PM »
you know what's crazy about STILL DRE??? Scott storch made the catchiest part of the beat and dre got all the credit  8)
but he didnt compose the beat, nor has Scott Storch ever made a beat this good on his own.

Altho that youtube video of him making that beat was pretty impressive, not trying to take anything away from the guy...

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 07:47:11 PM »
you know what's crazy about STILL DRE??? Scott storch made the catchiest part of the beat and dre got all the credit  8)
but he didnt compose the beat, nor has Scott Storch ever made a beat this good on his own.

Altho that youtube video of him making that beat was pretty impressive, not trying to take anything away from the guy...

But if Storch woulda turnt that melody he did into his own beat (without Dre) it probably would'nt have been as hot.  

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 07:51:21 PM »
I still cant believe that song is 10 years old. I remember I was 14 when I first heard that track.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DPGC23

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 09:18:31 PM »
I THOUGHT U WERE GONA SAY JAYZ WROTE IT

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 09:28:49 PM »
Classic timeless track. If it came out today, everyone would be shitting there pants. First single off Chronic 2001 and it showed that Dre is still the best.

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 09:48:19 PM »
I was just bumpin' 2001 earlier  8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 09:51:10 PM »

Scott definitely got credit for it, he won a grammy for fucks sake!

The whole 2001 albums sounds timeless, shit could come out now and still be fresh!!!

Play Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 12:03:38 AM »
Yeah, but to me the best Dr. Dre song and the best song of all time is "Keep Their Heads Ringing".  That shit is perfect lyrically and otherwise and if you think about, is the blueprint for all Jay Z songs, a commercial song with underground punchlines and a banging ass beat! "Step on stage and get faded just a flat top!"

Now, that 2001 album is something else. We can call it the best but to me it has a pop thing about it, so the replay value dies out.

"Still Dre" is a classic for sho and it's impact can only be matched by Nas "Got Urself A Gun!! When the world gives up on you and come SOOOOOOO HARD IN THEIR ASS!! LOL. I remember playing it for some American exchange students in 1999 saying Dr. Dre is working with Snoop Dogg again. They couldn't believe it and couldn't wait to get back to the States...they initially didn't believe me. It was too good to be true and some had given up on Snoop too. This is was November 1999 and they'd been there since January so it was an eventful time. The excitement was in the air. I really wish I could find those guys again. Kenan, Guillermo, and other Cali exhange students that were in Pietermaritzburg campus, University of Natal. There were New Jersey ones too. That's where that album takes me back to. My first year in University!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 12:27:39 AM »
Yeah, but to me the best Dr. Dre song and the best song of all time is "Keep Their Heads Ringing".  That shit is perfect lyrically and otherwise and if you think about, is the blueprint for all Jay Z songs, a commercial song with underground punchlines and a banging ass beat! "Step on stage and get faded just a flat top!"

Now, that 2001 album is something else. We can call it the best but to me it has a pop thing about it, so the replay value dies out.

"Still Dre" is a classic for sho and it's impact can only be matched by Nas "Got Urself A Gun!! When the world gives up on you and come SOOOOOOO HARD IN THEIR ASS!! LOL. I remember playing it for some American exchange students in 1999 saying Dr. Dre is working with Snoop Dogg again. They couldn't believe it and couldn't wait to get back to the States...they initially didn't believe me. It was too good to be true and some had given up on Snoop too. This is was November 1999 and they'd been there since January so it was an eventful time. The excitement was in the air. I really wish I could find those guys again. Kenan, Guillermo, and other Cali exhange students that were in Pietermaritzburg campus, University of Natal. There were New Jersey ones too. That's where that album takes me back to. My first year in University!

MediumL

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 12:46:30 AM »
tbh 2001 as a whole still sounds fresh. True it doesn't have the autotune but its got that fresh feel to it. Doggystyle has it too but some of the songs have aged (not saying they don't sound good just not fresh).
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

G-Funk

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 01:45:25 AM »
When the world gives up on you and come SOOOOOOO HARD IN THEIR ASS!! LOL. I remember playing it for some American exchange students in 1999 saying Dr. Dre is working with Snoop Dogg again. They couldn't believe it and couldn't wait to get back to the States...they initially didn't believe me. It was too good to be true and some had given up on Snoop too. This is was November 1999 and they'd been there since January so it was an eventful time. The excitement was in the air. I really wish I could find those guys again. Kenan, Guillermo, and other Cali exhange students that were in Pietermaritzburg campus, University of Natal. There were New Jersey ones too. That's where that album takes me back to. My first year in University!

wtf