Author Topic: You know whats crazy about "Still D.R.E."  (Read 1088 times)

Okka

Re: You know whats crazy about "Still D.R.E."
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 02:45:25 AM »
One of the greatest songs ever.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 05:33:38 AM »
this shit is damn near 10 years old and still sounds brand new...If this shit came out tomorrow it would still sound fresh!

ALL TIME CLASSIC!   best beat ever made, hands down.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=229522.0

hehe, Vader is right, some of y'all are really parrots

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 06:02:03 AM »
I still cant believe that song is 10 years old. I remember I was 14 when I first heard that track.

kemizt

Blasphemy

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 08:08:52 AM »

"Still Dre" is a classic for sho and it's impact can only be matched by Nas "Got Urself A Gun!! When the world gives up on you and come SOOOOOOO HARD IN THEIR ASS!! LOL. I remember playing it for some American exchange students in 1999 saying Dr. Dre is working with Snoop Dogg again. They couldn't believe it and couldn't wait to get back to the States...they initially didn't believe me. It was too good to be true and some had given up on Snoop too. This is was November 1999 and they'd been there since January so it was an eventful time. The excitement was in the air. I really wish I could find those guys again. Kenan, Guillermo, and other Cali exhange students that were in Pietermaritzburg campus, University of Natal. There were New Jersey ones too. That's where that album takes me back to. My first year in University!

Just...just shut the fuck up please....no really....

dnjp4life

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 10:18:17 AM »
Amazing beat and very well mixed by the Doctor.  Thats how a song should sound sonically!

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 10:20:38 AM »
I was 9!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 12:33:30 PM »
I was 16

thisoneguy360

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 01:26:53 PM »
I wouldn't say it's the best but it's definitely timeless. You turn that shit on at any party and everyone goes crazy.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 02:22:19 PM »
whenever i play the chronic 2001 album i tend o ignore that trak cause it would be the obviosu trak to listen too and my friends listen to it all the time but i randomly came across the trak when on the pc and dont get me wrong its a good trak, now its in my rotation

Okka

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
Altho that youtube video of him making that beat was pretty impressive, not trying to take anything away from the guy...

You got a link to that video?

PLANT

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »
Altho that youtube video of him making that beat was pretty impressive, not trying to take anything away from the guy...

You got a link to that video?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/k2vTMj3SLFg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/k2vTMj3SLFg</a>

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 06:35:01 PM »
does jay-z get any credit for writin arguably dre's best work
aite he made the sound part of it...but what about the part dre is rappin?

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
does jay-z get any credit for writin arguably dre's best work
aite he made the sound part of it...but what about the part dre is rappin?

The music is mostly what makes it timeless, not the lyrics in my opinion. But Jigga should definitely get credit

Okka

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 04:14:18 AM »
Thanks for that video PLANT, i've seen it though, i thought you was talkin' about a video where Storch re-makes the beat of "Still D.R.E.".

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 04:25:48 AM »
When the world gives up on you and come SOOOOOOO HARD IN THEIR ASS!! LOL. I remember playing it for some American exchange students in 1999 saying Dr. Dre is working with Snoop Dogg again. They couldn't believe it and couldn't wait to get back to the States...they initially didn't believe me. It was too good to be true and some had given up on Snoop too. This is was November 1999 and they'd been there since January so it was an eventful time. The excitement was in the air. I really wish I could find those guys again. Kenan, Guillermo, and other Cali exhange students that were in Pietermaritzburg campus, University of Natal. There were New Jersey ones too. That's where that album takes me back to. My first year in University!

wtf
lol