Author Topic: Upcoming albums that will FLOP HARD  (Read 432 times)

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
Upcoming albums that will FLOP HARD
« on: October 10, 2009, 02:06:43 AM »
MC REN
RAKIM

yall will prob say what albums dont flop these days, i'm talkin bout HARD like movin maybe 1~5k

and plus dem 2 are fukin legends

even if Rakim features busta rhymes, maino and etc,,,, it wont sell.

what else will FAIL?

Invincible

Re: Upcoming albums that will FLOP HARD
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 02:14:33 AM »
What a stupid thread.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 02:28:47 AM »
detox
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 03:41:09 AM »
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 07:16:45 AM »
WideAwake's Deathrow Releases

Invincible

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »
WideAwake's Deathrow Releases

As much as i agree with that, this is still a stupid thread.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 08:09:23 AM »
detox

:nawty:

Regarding sales, if lil wayne sold 1 million in the first week, im sure Dre will be able to sell at least that much in it's first week.
Regarding the quality of the music on the album, it's gonna most probably have Nas, Game, 50, Snoop, Xzibit, Nate (?), Eminem, Ice cube, and these guys are probably gonna come on their A Game for this album

i dont think it will flop, but then again, i might be wrong..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »
MC REN
RAKIM

yall will prob say what albums dont flop these days, i'm talkin bout HARD like movin maybe 1~5k

what else will FAIL?

Are you talking quality-wise or sales wise?

As far as quality wise, we will have to wait and see the final product.

As far as sales-wise, MC Ren's will definitely flop. While I am still looking forward to cop it if its dope, he's been out of the music game for too long and not too many people remember him. And I can't see him doing any kind of promotion for it.

Rakim will definitely sell more than 5k, I can guarantee it. He still has quite a bit of buzz and this album has been anticipated for a long time. I see him doing at least Raekwon's numbers, possibly more, depending on the quality of the album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 01:30:25 PM »
everything flops, except if you're mainstream.

but 50 will flop lol.

& i can't say Detox is going to flop but it won't do better than 750K, nowhere near a million.

but flopping or not selling in this day & age isn't relative to how good the album is.

Rakim could put out the best album of the decade, but if it doesn't sell over 100K copies i wouldn't be surprised.

i never understood how people can say "he's wack because he flopped" & then turn around & call Lil' Wayne "cancer to rap" & he sells 3 million.

you people sicken me lol.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »
everything flops, except if you're mainstream.

but 50 will flop lol.

& i can't say Detox is going to flop but it won't do better than 750K, nowhere near a million.

but flopping or not selling in this day & age isn't relative to how good the album is.

Rakim could put out the best album of the decade, but if it doesn't sell over 100K copies i wouldn't be surprised.

i never understood how people can say "he's wack because he flopped" & then turn around & call Lil' Wayne "cancer to rap" & he sells 3 million.

you people sicken me lol.

Fif will sell over 500k first work I reckon, which is similiar to what Jay Z done, he won't sell like crazy but he's gonna have one of the top selling albums of the year. Peoples expectations of the kid are so damn high

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »
MC REN
RAKIM

what else will FAIL?

Are you talking quality-wise or sales wise?

As far as quality wise, we will have to wait and see the final product.

As far as sales-wise, MC Ren's will definitely flop. While I am still looking forward to cop it if its dope, he's been out of the music game for too long and not too many people remember him. And I can't see him doing any kind of promotion for it.

Rakim will definitely sell more than 5k, I can guarantee it. He still has quite a bit of buzz and this album has been anticipated for a long time. I see him doing at least Raekwon's numbers, possibly more, depending on the quality of the album.

sale wise,,,i think both of dem albums will be bangin

Jimmy H.

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 02:30:41 AM »
But a "flop" is measured differently depending on the project. Mainstream albums are actually more in danger of flopping than some of these smaller ones. If your album budget is like a million dollars plus promotion and then you're doing a video and all this extra shit, you could be cutting it close. Ren might do alright because he's probably not gonna waste thousands of dollars on guest spots and promotion and shit. It's the big misconception that I notice with people is that they think "Oh this and this won't sell" but the bottom line is how much does it need to sell? If you're a decent name, you can probably do quite well off the strength of dropping an album independently and then touring with it. 

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 05:33:02 AM »
detox

:nawty:

Regarding sales, if lil wayne sold 1 million in the first week, im sure Dre will be able to sell at least that much in it's first week.
Regarding the quality of the music on the album, it's gonna most probably have Nas, Game, 50, Snoop, Xzibit, Nate (?), Eminem, Ice cube, and these guys are probably gonna come on their A Game for this album

i dont think it will flop, but then again, i might be wrong..
I was thinking about the huge expectations Dre has unintentionally set for Detox with all this hype and years of waiting. It's as if Detox is going to be one of the best hip-hop album ever recorded. Detox is said to be his last solo record so it's gotta be better than 2001 and 2001 is, in my opinion, a hip-hop classic.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 05:37:17 AM by GimmeYourShoes »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>