Author Topic: the COUPLES-CARRYING championship was won by the Castros  (Read 96 times)

OG Hack Wilson

the COUPLES-CARRYING championship was won by the Castros
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:45:44 PM »
Maine couple wins wife-carrying championship

NEWRY, Maine – A Maine couple has taken the crown in the North American Wife Carrying Championship over a course that featured a muddy water hole and two log obstacles.

Dave and Lacey Castro of Lewiston came in first among 41 teams to win Saturday's competition at Sunday River ski resort in Newry. They covered the 278-yard course in 54.45 seconds.

For their effort, the couple won 97-pound Lacey Castro's weight in beer and five times her weight in cash — $485.

Teams from 11 states competed in the 10th annual race in which a man has to carry a woman, or vice versa, over an obstacle course.

As the North American champs, the Castros are eligible to compete in the world championships in Finland next July.

____________-

even I don't know where the fuck "Newry" is
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens