Author Topic: Glasses Malone feat. Slim Da Mobsta - Muthafuckin Streets (Prod by Dr. Dre)  (Read 4364 times)

Mietek23

Propz - gonna check this out..

Matty

btw, the beat reminds me a lil of outta control remix  :P

hell naw, that high note is a similar sound though.

wardy

Malone spoke about this on Twitter

Dammm.. I cant believe they leak that Dr. Dre record me and Slim did! hahaha.. shout out to the Good Dr. for all the joints he gave me!
about 6 hours ago from web

Tellin you right now... Nightmare On Seven Street... Its a muthafuccin wrap! u hear the leaks???? Dr. Dre beats??? YeaHHHHHHHH!
about 5 hours ago from web   

Brand New @GMalone feat Slim tha Mobsta - Muthaf*ckin Streets Prod by Dr. Dre http://omg.ly/zvgL RT!! who leaked it???? GNR!!!
about 5 hours ago from web 

MediumL

this is the kinda Dre beat that I like. But yer Slim and Glasses aren't dping anything special over this.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

YoungCrookedI

it´s an different sound from dre but it bangs...after 2-3 listening. LOL @ slim this dude is like birdman..

kuruptDPG

differentkind of beat but a good trak regardless.it does seem like its slims trak and not malones, i hope malone is on detox whenevr that shit comes out lol, he deserves it

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sounds to me like some people are upset that Slim basically replaced Bishop as Dre's protege  :P

As far as the track goes, Slim obviously outshines Glasses. His delivery has improved drastically since that first mixtape, he now raps with the beat and a much better mic presence. His voice sounds like a mixture of Dre and Obie Trice and subject matter wise he seems to be similar to Game without the name dropping. Only thing Bishop has that he doesn't is a completely different subject matter, which is a huge plus. Hook is awful though.

As far as the beat, it's alright, sounds like a leftover given to Glasses by email.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 04:32:42 AM by Meho »

Matty

can't believe some of y'all are actually feeling slim the mobster on here. seems like a bad joke to me :-X

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I don't understand how you can't feel him if you like Game (not saying you do Matty).  He's just a gangsta rapper.  I don't expect much from them.  As long as they've got the vocals and decent lyrics I can vibe out to it.  His doesn't rhyme much but the content isn't bad.

From what we've seen Bishop is a superior artist (lyrically, conceptually) but he's weighed down by his vocals (which basically is how you connect on the mainstream).  He can only alter his natural voice so much.   
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Matty

i agree slim the mobster sounds similar to game, but worse. sure, game sounded rougher on his early material, but this dudes voice just dont agree with my ears. dre could be fucking with way doper and nicer sounding rappers right now.

i aint completely doubting him to put out anything good, but all the stuff we heard from slim so far has been terrible to poor.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
what an odd beat from Dre, reminds me of Put your cups up; it's a little too repetitive to me though.
funny how there aren't really any complaints about Dre this time, that's strange ;D

Based on Slim's voice tone, it almost sounds like this was written for dre imo.....what u guys think?

I dunno though is Dre gonna come out rapping "I'm the motherfucking streets"? lol. The beat sounds like it could be insane if mixed and mastered properly...

Slim sounding aite, nothing amazing. Glasses sounds dope over it

As a whole, very average track though
actually, Slim did a better job than Glasses :laugh:

i agree slim the mobster sounds similar to game, but worse. sure, game sounded rougher on his early material, but this dudes voice just dont agree with my ears. dre could be fucking with way doper and nicer sounding rappers right now.

i aint completely doubting him to put out anything good, but all the stuff we heard from slim so far has been terrible to poor.
yeah Game is a weak writer but he's definitely a better rapper than slim
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:58:59 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Paul

Nothing that good here

Beat is okay, as is Glasses, Slim is  :sleep: and the hook is horrible
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

great, two mediocre rappers on a Dre beat, let's see if the beat saves them

better that Dre works with these cats instead of Elvis the rapper AKA jEM jEM Binks AKA the Woodpecker from space  ;D

lol.
what do you think of the beat?

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wow this beat is fucking wack.
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Portugoal

Is it me or does this sound unfinished?

The beat is mediocre, the verses are average and the hook is wack.