Author Topic: The reason why Wideawake's Snoop Dog album hasnt leaked & it drops tomorow...  (Read 2051 times)

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
im actually glad this shyt hasnt leaked that way muthafuckaz gotta buy the bitch :D

Triple OG Rapsodie

Ill be picking up my copy tommorow at best buy.

But in all seriousness what would any promo do?Albums flop anyways these days dont matter what you do.Rick ross has one of the biggest promos ive ever seen and that album still didnt do gold.

If people don't know about the album, people won't buy it. I doubt anyone knows about it besides the people on this forum and a few others. But I bet a lot of people would be willing to buy new material from Snoop Dogg if they knew it was coming out. The shit doesn't need Rick Ross type of in your face promotion, but it needs enough so that people know its out there.

Jaydc

New snoop albums arent even going gold.

Al Bundy

im actually glad this shyt hasnt leaked that way muthafuckaz gotta buy the bitch :D

ill have a mp3 version by tomorrow.

Okka

New snoop albums arent even going gold.

"Ego Trippin" went gold, don't know about "Malice N Wonderland" if it will go gold. "Gangsta Luv" is wack but it sounds like it could get radio play.

Jaydc

ego tripping didnt go gold.world wide it may have

Al Bundy

after listening to the snippets i don't know if i'm gunna even download it
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:35:02 PM by G.O.D. Pt. III »

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!

well see....if u do then ill give u a cookie....i pre-ordered my shyt anywayz

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
I would argue more that the distribution is really limited and that's why it hasn't leaked. Why are people so freaked out by this Hyland guy? Is he the Suge of the internet?? Lol..

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

The_Bizzel

i think wideawake has to take advantage of the online social networks more... even though they got support groups and facebook pages and myspaces, alot of ppl i talked to, who respect dr. dre/snoop, and got the chronic, 2001, doggystyle, and other klassic albums, they dont know snoop has a new album coming out with stuff from the past days of death row.

very lil promotion has lead to hundreds of fans of snoop/dre/classic death row missing out on these releases. not like they go to best buy or what not, and see "the chronic re-lit" in the "new releases" section...

more needs to be done in the avenue of promotion/street teams/ etc. I don't have a solution, but alot of ppl dont have accounts at dubcnn, or other westcoast forums, and just learn what they know via rolling stone, maxium, the source, playboy, ,mtv/bet,  etc etc, and dont know about this stuff.

OG Hack Wilson

WACK THREAD
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
You don't care about the release? Why the fuck you posted a thread about it.

Because it has not leaked for free yet.  ;) That is one thing about the internet that has almost killed the promo of music. Leaks are more anticipated then the actual release. So you have to wait until the actual release date to cop a free copy. Either way if you are hell bent on burning it, what difference does it make. You wait a little bit and go to your favorite album site and get it for free.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Does a dvd come with it?

kuruptDPG

any1 got a link for uk purchase? i got re-lit from hmv.co.uk cause it was cheap but the snoop album aint on the site yet apart from amazon.co.uk

deathrowmusic

me too :D8)