Author Topic: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]  (Read 10989 times)

Invincible

Re: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2009, 07:25:44 AM »
I've got to say through a quick skim through, it did just feel like a bunch of unfinished tracks. Didn't enjoy the expreience. And yes, some of the mixing was awful especially the One Life To Live track.

captaincornrow

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2009, 08:30:43 AM »
I picked up the BB version last night. I really don't want to give my money to this company until they start acting like professionals. But, I was curious about a second release....giving them some leeway on that first monstrosity. The leveling from track to track is some of the worst I've ever heard. I definitely can hear artifacts in some of the songs, suggesting they came from crappy source material. But, releasing an album as a professional company with this quality of tracks included is inexcusable. They have this labeled as Volume 1. Honestly, they should have not attempted to stretch the material if they have more. I could stomach throwing some of these songs on as extras or something. But, for the main body of the album to be so poor is very telling of Wideawake. As much as they want to pump the "for the fans" crap down everyone's throat. It's clearly a marketing ploy. They are in this purely and solely to separate you from your cash.

And anyone who says "who cares, I just want to hear the music" is an idiot. Your being raised on listening to music from Walmart speakers, ipod phones, and limewire downloads has you totally oblivious to what music should sound like. I understand that possibly the source material isn't the greatest. But, as was previously mentioned, there has been DR material (specifically 2pac) recovered in mixed down form that has come out fine. If this is the best they've got and Bernie Grundman can't help them, this company is doomed. This album really comes off as some compilation put together  by some random forum dweeb who wants everyone to "check out my remasters"....and it sucks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:33:18 AM by captaincornrow »

F-cisco

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2009, 08:51:20 AM »
The album is ok. The real gems will be on the second release.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2009, 08:57:09 AM »
I picked up the BB version last night. I really don't want to give my money to this company until they start acting like professionals. But, I was curious about a second release....giving them some leeway on that first monstrosity. The leveling from track to track is some of the worst I've ever heard. I definitely can hear artifacts in some of the songs, suggesting they came from crappy source material. But, releasing an album as a professional company with this quality of tracks included is inexcusable. They have this labeled as Volume 1. Honestly, they should have not attempted to stretch the material if they have more. I could stomach throwing some of these songs on as extras or something. But, for the main body of the album to be so poor is very telling of Wideawake. As much as they want to pump the "for the fans" crap down everyone's throat. It's clearly a marketing ploy. They are in this purely and solely to separate you from your cash.

And anyone who says "who cares, I just want to hear the music" is an idiot. Your being raised on listening to music from Walmart speakers, ipod phones, and limewire downloads has you totally oblivious to what music should sound like. I understand that possibly the source material isn't the greatest. But, as was previously mentioned, there has been DR material (specifically 2pac) recovered in mixed down form that has come out fine. If this is the best they've got and Bernie Grundman can't help them, this company is doomed. This album really comes off as some compilation put together  by some random forum dweeb who wants everyone to "check out my remasters"....and it sucks.

You are an idiot. But I completely agree with you on this one

captaincornrow

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2009, 09:16:49 AM »

Like I care what a Euro wigger thinks. What time is it in yugosloboviastan? Shouldn't you be out throwin' the "W" to the goats in your herd right about now?

Portugoal

« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »
And anyone who says "who cares, I just want to hear the music" is an idiot.

I'm disappointed by some of the tracks and the quality of them (some of them sound like they were dubbed from a cassette), but I just wanted to hear the music. This album still has joints I wouldn't have wanted to miss.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2009, 10:07:22 AM »

Like I care what a Euro wigger thinks. What time is it in yugosloboviastan? Shouldn't you be out throwin' the "W" to the goats in your herd right about now?

You smell that?

MR_JV

« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
can someone pm me the best buy extra songs, the one i brought dont have em!!!

Matty

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2009, 10:51:51 AM »
he probably wouldn't even listen to it, but you best believe dre would never have anything whatsoever to do with wideawake if he heard what they did to his music on this release.

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2009, 11:03:34 AM »
WIDEawake should have spent more money on mixing than hiring Brian Gardiner to do mastering. There's little to nothing at all Brian Gardiner can do to correct what happened in the mixing process and since he's the biggest name in the credits, people will think it was him that messed up when it was Justin Burdick who fucked it up during the mixing process. I'm also looking at Justin Burdick as to why 35 seconds was cut from the beginning of Soldier Story. Other than the mixing and the fuck up with Soldier Story, the track selection was decent enough.

captaincornrow

« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »

You smell that?

+

+

=

happy yugosloboviastanian euro wigger

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2009, 11:14:19 AM »
hahahahahaha wtf

lomeli

• 'G'
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »
I think everyone who's been  nagging bout the way some of the tracks sound should be happy they paid 10 fillers for n not 300 n should b happy they got new shit  as for me I
 m going to get this one n I had got the chronic relit n was happy with it  the problem with these younger gen wants everything so perfect  knowing these tracks are 10 15 years old n I think is hard to make them perfect quality atleast lots give wideawake credit they are trying there best to give us. Unreleased shit so b happy n stop bitching

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2009, 11:36:14 AM »
outro beat>>>>
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2009, 11:55:57 AM »
Mine is in the post, im still anticioating it but would appreciate the best buy tracks.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson