Author Topic: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]  (Read 10991 times)

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2009, 10:30:36 PM »
09 The Genie.mp3 is on repeat  :o

bo roc killed it and the beat is dope. some LBC 96 greatness

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2009, 10:33:02 PM »
I think everyone who's been  nagging bout the way some of the tracks sound should be happy they paid 10 fillers for n not 300 n should b happy they got new shit  as for me I
 m going to get this one n I had got the chronic relit n was happy with it  the problem with these younger gen wants everything so perfect  knowing these tracks are 10 15 years old n I think is hard to make them perfect quality atleast lots give wideawake credit they are trying there best to give us. Unreleased shit so b happy n stop bitching

+1   despite ur below average spelling lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2009, 10:33:46 PM »
my fav tracks are eat a dick and doggystlye

eat a dick shoulda been released as a b-side :(
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2009, 12:44:21 AM »
it is what it is. mostly fillers, a few tight ones. crappy mixing in some songs. wouldn´t buy it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2009, 02:46:06 AM »
I think everyone who's been  nagging bout the way some of the tracks sound should be happy they paid 10 fillers for n not 300 n should b happy they got new shit  as for me I
 m going to get this one n I had got the chronic relit n was happy with it  the problem with these younger gen wants everything so perfect  knowing these tracks are 10 15 years old n I think is hard to make them perfect quality atleast lots give wideawake credit they are trying there best to give us. Unreleased shit so b happy n stop bitching
crack is taking over

Managed to get this and I'm in the UK ;)

2,000 posts bitches 8)
props fellow spammer :D

Two lessons should be learned from The Lost Sessions:

1) Sometimes the released product is a lot better than the OG. Case in point, "Keep It Real". Snoop's solo version, while good, does not come close to the version that was released by the Original Death Row. Same with the song that uses the Head Doctor verse (although the true OG with the heavy Prince sample shits on the released version of "Head Doctor").

2) Not every single piece of music that is ever recorded in a studio should see the light of day. The problem with the cd is that a lot of tracks sounded like they were leftovers or studio scraps. Even "Eat a Dick" or "Fallin' Asleep On Death Row" sound like they were not meant to be on an album. I hope that when Wide Awake comes out with stuff after the Box Set, that they actually pick songs that sounded like they were meant to be released.

I don't mind the mixing. You guys have to understand that these tracks were recorded 10-15 years ago and technology has advanced to the point where a pro can only do so much to improve the quality.

truth is, you can't say for certain which songs were not meant to be released, as you're just an outsider.
i mean, let's take Falling asleep on death row for example, what's your explanation? the track length?

The track itself sounds incomplete. Sounds like a rough cut of something, doesn't sound like it would have fit on anything released in that time period.

Are you saying that every single track that was ever recorded in a Death Row Studio was meant to see the light of day?
that's a valid point.

but no i wasn't saying that every recording was supposed to be released, i was just pointing out that we as outsiders can't exactly tell which songs were supposed to be released and which weren't.
however, it's true that some songs were never meant to be released.

by the way, i disagre with you about the track not being suitable for any project from that time period: Falling asleep on death row sounds exactly like the other hard stuff from the same period.

Where 2 begin. Well the Track choice, Doggystyle was a LONG over do track, that's a Extremely good side of this release. However the fact they tried 2 ReRELEASE "Poor young Dave" ONLY 2 FUCKING MONTHS AFTER IT GOT RELEASED IS FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE.
what do you mean?

Blasphemy

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2009, 05:14:58 AM »
crack is taking over

Managed to get this and I'm in the UK ;)

2,000 posts bitches 8)
props fellow spammer :D

Two lessons should be learned from The Lost Sessions:

1) Sometimes the released product is a lot better than the OG. Case in point, "Keep It Real". Snoop's solo version, while good, does not come close to the version that was released by the Original Death Row. Same with the song that uses the Head Doctor verse (although the true OG with the heavy Prince sample shits on the released version of "Head Doctor").

2) Not every single piece of music that is ever recorded in a studio should see the light of day. The problem with the cd is that a lot of tracks sounded like they were leftovers or studio scraps. Even "Eat a Dick" or "Fallin' Asleep On Death Row" sound like they were not meant to be on an album. I hope that when Wide Awake comes out with stuff after the Box Set, that they actually pick songs that sounded like they were meant to be released.

I don't mind the mixing. You guys have to understand that these tracks were recorded 10-15 years ago and technology has advanced to the point where a pro can only do so much to improve the quality.

truth is, you can't say for certain which songs were not meant to be released, as you're just an outsider.
i mean, let's take Falling asleep on death row for example, what's your explanation? the track length?

The track itself sounds incomplete. Sounds like a rough cut of something, doesn't sound like it would have fit on anything released in that time period.

Are you saying that every single track that was ever recorded in a Death Row Studio was meant to see the light of day?
that's a valid point.

but no i wasn't saying that every recording was supposed to be released, i was just pointing out that we as outsiders can't exactly tell which songs were supposed to be released and which weren't.
however, it's true that some songs were never meant to be released.

by the way, i disagre with you about the track not being suitable for any project from that time period: Falling asleep on death row sounds exactly like the other hard stuff from the same period.

Where 2 begin. Well the Track choice, Doggystyle was a LONG over do track, that's a Extremely good side of this release. However the fact they tried 2 ReRELEASE "Poor young Dave" ONLY 2 FUCKING MONTHS AFTER IT GOT RELEASED IS FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE.
what do you mean?

Snoops Lyrics are from Poor Young Dave Lady of Rage has OG material. basically like I Said in the review it shows how songs can progress into other things. Basically this release contains some new stuff, Alternate tracks, and unfinished ruff constructs. Basically its for hardcore fans, if you don't want 2 buy the alternates or unfinished stuff, then use ITunes. Only 3 or 4 songs sound complete.

Okka

« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2009, 05:30:47 AM »
Nima or anybody else who will interview Snoop Dogg the next time should ask him about this release and the tracks.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2009, 09:29:35 AM »
Nima or anybody else who will interview Snoop Dogg the next time should ask him about this release and the tracks.

I'm sure they will... It's time for a Nima in-depth Snoopy interview  :)

acgrundy

« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2009, 10:32:05 AM »
I'm just listening now for the first time.  While I appreciate the release of this music, I can notice the poor mixing job.  I will still buy this release as I would rather have it poorly mixed and released rather than not released at all.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2009, 11:28:11 AM »
That "Head Doctor" track is pretty dope. I prefer the original but this ones good too. Funny intro.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
ok ive asked people about this doggystyle thing and they say the youtube version is much better. i am grateful for this release as ive already placed an order and cant wait to hear this but this is what im dissapointed with.

heres the version im talking about, you compare and you let me know

http://www.zshare.net/audio/67014731c92c2919/

G-Funk

« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2009, 05:39:15 PM »
Went to Best Buy today and got myself a copy. :)
My favorite tracks are "Doggystyle", "Eat a Dick", and "Funk With Ya Brain". 8)
As I was listening to it in the car I did notice something about the mixing as someone on here said.. about not really hearing the vocals on the beat or vice-versa. Yeah that is partially true, but it wasn't that bad. A bit exaggerated if you ask me. I'm glad I bought this. ;D

SamDogg

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »
Got my copy today that shit is bangin the mixing sucks but fuck it thats real snoop dogg shit. i rather buy he old shit then is new shit the last snoop dogg album i bought was the last meal and the dead man walking the rest of his albums sucked ass.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
ok ive asked people about this doggystyle thing and they say the youtube version is much better. i am grateful for this release as ive already placed an order and cant wait to hear this but this is what im dissapointed with.

heres the version im talking about, you compare and you let me know

http://www.zshare.net/audio/67014731c92c2919/
the lyrics are easier to hear on it but you can still tell tehres issues with the audio  (staticky...maybe bc its a youtube rip)

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2009, 08:08:42 PM »
Bought it...second retail album I bought this year
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/