Author Topic: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]  (Read 11007 times)

shreibster

Re: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »
People aren't bitching because the tracks are wack, they're bitching because recordings that are newer than The Chronic are being put out and they're sounding worse. The age of the masters is a nice excuse but unfortunately doesn't fly because The Chronic is older than this material and sounds way better. Why would age deteriorate Snoop's material but not Dr. Dre's Chronic album?

The Chronic was an officially released album. I'm sure they had masters and copies of those masters for back up. These unreleased songs may not have been treated with as much care perhaps because as we know most of them seem like songs that werent finished and werent planning on being released. Its one possible answer. Again you could be right, but the fact is no one really knows unless they have seen the inner workings of the stuff wide awake have from the vaults and what they did after to try and make them as best of quality as they could

In the record biz, all masters = money, regardless if it's released or not. They all would have been stored the same way and according to the legal docs, they were stored in cardboard boxes. If age was a factor in the sound quality, The Chronic would have sounded the same as The Lost Sessions but it didn't. The sound quality problems are a result of "Justin Burdick" (which I believe is a pseudonym for someone) fucking it up. It had nothing to do with age or the mastering, it was all in the mixing.
i think that they used a cd-rip of the chronic and ran it through a compressor and called it a remaster.  if it was really re-recorded from the masters then the track times would vary a bit from previous releases - which they do not.

what do you know about anything your'e just a bitch??

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2009, 01:05:48 AM »
Shame about the mixing... but I actually like the majority of these songs. If it sounded proper it'd probably beat out both Dead Man Walking & Doggfather (not a fan of either).

As is, no dice.

« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2009, 08:19:23 AM »
i think most people were expecting an album full of doggystyles and next episodes. i'm guessing those tracks were leaked for a reason though because they were so amazing and somebody felt the need to get them out there. if hoez had leaked would anybody have cared?

lost sessions is good imo. its got some weak songs but a lot of very good songs. i don't think you guys know the nature of these leftover albums since hip hop hasn't had too many of them. like beatles fans will listen to hours of alternate takes to find some good or at least interesting throw away material. wideawake probably passed on some seriously garbage material and compiled some of the best. are there left over verses and some crap? yeah i still find it interesting to hear this material and enjoy a lot of it.

the mastering is def bullshit though i agree with that.

anybody notice snoop saying "for fucking with them lil niggas they aint to be fucked with"... wonder if half dead got that from snoop

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »
i think most people were expecting an album full of doggystyles and next episodes. i'm guessing those tracks were leaked for a reason though because they were so amazing and somebody felt the need to get them out there. if hoez had leaked would anybody have cared?

lost sessions is good imo. its got some weak songs but a lot of very good songs. i don't think you guys know the nature of these leftover albums since hip hop hasn't had too many of them. like beatles fans will listen to hours of alternate takes to find some good or at least interesting throw away material. wideawake probably passed on some seriously garbage material and compiled some of the best. are there left over verses and some crap? yeah i still find it interesting to hear this material and enjoy a lot of it.

the mastering is def bullshit though i agree with that.

anybody notice snoop saying "for fucking with them lil niggas they aint to be fucked with"... wonder if half dead got that from snoop

this is a great CD     kicks the ass of dead man walking or doggfatha from tracks 2-6 alone lol   

hoes sucks the first listen or two but grows on u
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

acgrundy

« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2009, 12:53:40 PM »
hoez has been out for over 10 years

love33

« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2009, 05:15:05 PM »
The only shame in all of this is Suge Knight had to fuck Death Row up. If he didnt be so corrupt and turn it into a street label filled with no-hopers hanging around and disrupting the original creative formula of the Chronic and Doggystyle, then we could've had more classics to listen to. I mean its pretty much known Dre by late 93 and 94 was choosing to work from his own crib rather than deal with the madness inside Death Row's own studio's. We may have heard Eargasm, Helter Skelter, Chronic 2, hell maybe Doggystyle 2. Instead Suge fucked it up for everyone

This is all just speculation and I don't think you're being very objective at all.  These albums may never have seen the day even if that was the case considering it's been 10 years and we still haven't seen "Detox."  We wouldn't have had "All Eyez On Me" if Suge wasn't around, he executive produced (picked the tracks) and Pac didn't get along with Dre.  It was Suge who put up the money to get Pac on the label and aggressively pursued him.  These posts are mindless hating and just plain ignorant.  You never would have had "Chronic 2000" or "2002" if that was the case too.  If you want to criticize Suge for not releasing any artists albums post 2000, I think that's completely fair.  But to single him out in the 90's when Death Row was priming and making money, is just unfair and ignorant.  He also got Dre off his contract with Jerry Heller too so there wouldn't have been a "Chronic" album if that didn't happen.

• Muthafuckin' OG

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »
what songs from the lost sessions were NOT leaked??

This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

eNgIeS

« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »
The only shame in all of this is Suge Knight had to fuck Death Row up. If he didnt be so corrupt and turn it into a street label filled with no-hopers hanging around and disrupting the original creative formula of the Chronic and Doggystyle, then we could've had more classics to listen to. I mean its pretty much known Dre by late 93 and 94 was choosing to work from his own crib rather than deal with the madness inside Death Row's own studio's. We may have heard Eargasm, Helter Skelter, Chronic 2, hell maybe Doggystyle 2. Instead Suge fucked it up for everyone

This is all just speculation and I don't think you're being very objective at all.  These albums may never have seen the day even if that was the case considering it's been 10 years and we still haven't seen "Detox."  We wouldn't have had "All Eyez On Me" if Suge wasn't around, he executive produced (picked the tracks) and Pac didn't get along with Dre.  It was Suge who put up the money to get Pac on the label and aggressively pursued him.  These posts are mindless hating and just plain ignorant.  You never would have had "Chronic 2000" or "2002" if that was the case too.  If you want to criticize Suge for not releasing any artists albums post 2000, I think that's completely fair.  But to single him out in the 90's when Death Row was priming and making money, is just unfair and ignorant.  He also got Dre off his contract with Jerry Heller too so there wouldn't have been a "Chronic" album if that didn't happen.

Suge did a few good things I agree, but his bad things outweighed the good. You can't hold charity dinners to front on the bullshit abuse of power and bullying he did. Plus he probably was involved in Biggie being killed, and he led 2Pac down a pathway into street violence that 2Pac wouldnt have been involved in if not for the influence of Suge.

I still can't believe that people defend Suge. He's a an absolute asshole woman beating fraudulent scumbag that screwed up alot of lifes and careers.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2009, 10:48:46 PM »
fux with dis......not so much of dem are FUNKY like Doggystyle but still classsic ...

vol 2 ?? when it comin out?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »

Suge did a few good things I agree, but his bad things outweighed the good. You can't hold charity dinners to front on the bullshit abuse of power and bullying he did. Plus he probably was involved in Biggie being killed, and he led 2Pac down a pathway into street violence that 2Pac wouldnt have been involved in if not for the influence of Suge.

I still can't believe that people defend Suge. He's a an absolute asshole woman beating fraudulent scumbag that screwed up alot of lifes and careers.

Suge is responsible for the Chronic, Doggystyle, All Eyez, Makaveli and several great music videos

but his music choices post-2pac are horrible

and for the record, Napoleon and Big Syke both say Suge did not have anything to do with 2pac's death.  i know that will be brought up if it hasn't already.

eNgIeS

« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2009, 11:58:54 PM »

Suge is responsible for the Chronic, Doggystyle, All Eyez, Makaveli and several great music videos

and for the record, Napoleon and Big Syke both say Suge did not have anything to do with 2pac's death.  i know that will be brought up if it hasn't already.

Lol yes i'm sure Suge was every reason the Chronic was successfull. I wasn't the fact that Dr. Dre, of N.W.A. fame, was the title artist, producer & rapper on the album. It wasn't the assembly of artists and musicians who worked hours on end with Dre to make the album, it was alllllll Suge. Suge the former NFL wanna be turned wanna be piru and then eventually M.O.B. The most important man in the world.

Suge may have not set 2Pac up for the hit, but he got 2Pac involved in a path that he didnt need to take. 2Pac had no reason, other than Suge, to be involved in M.O.B. and there beef with SSC, that led to 2Pac making the stupid decision to beat up Orlando Anderson. He didn;t pull the trigger but he set the events in motion (not that he should be entirely blamed). At least Dr. Dre figured what Suge was about, thus staying away from Death Row's usual studio until he's eventual departure in 1996. Snoop was smart enough to stay out of that shit too. Unfortunately Pac wasn't

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2009, 04:58:27 AM »
i think Dre once stated that Suge put his name on The Chronic.

G-Funk

« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »
"Funk Wit Ya Brain" is the bomb!!! P-Funk!

Do you know what that track samples?

Tom Browne - Thighs High (Grip Your Hips And Move)
Code: [Select]
http://www.zshare.net/audio/66933686f752449a

major props!! +1

love33

« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2009, 10:09:58 PM »

Lol yes i'm sure Suge was every reason the Chronic was successfull. I wasn't the fact that Dr. Dre, of N.W.A. fame, was the title artist, producer & rapper on the album. It wasn't the assembly of artists and musicians who worked hours on end with Dre to make the album, it was alllllll Suge. Suge the former NFL wanna be turned wanna be piru and then eventually M.O.B. The most important man in the world.

Suge may have not set 2Pac up for the hit, but he got 2Pac involved in a path that he didnt need to take. 2Pac had no reason, other than Suge, to be involved in M.O.B. and there beef with SSC, that led to 2Pac making the stupid decision to beat up Orlando Anderson. He didn;t pull the trigger but he set the events in motion (not that he should be entirely blamed). At least Dr. Dre figured what Suge was about, thus staying away from Death Row's usual studio until he's eventual departure in 1996. Snoop was smart enough to stay out of that shit too. Unfortunately Pac wasn't

There wouldn't have even been a "Chronic" because Dre was under contract at Ruthless Records and locked in by Eazy-E.  I agree Suge has done his own dirt just like anyone else has, but all these record label execs do the same type of thing as Suge, we just don't hear about it on the surface.  I think it's fair to criticize some of his poor decisions, such as not releasing an active artists album post 2000, but to take away all his achievements and steal his accolades is not being fair minded and objective.  "All Eyez On Me" wouldn't have sounded like "All Eyez On Me" had Suge not pursued the signing of Pac and sat with him in that studio for every track he recorded (Suge picked the tracks on that album and the content was all related on what was happening at the time).  Dre wasn't releasing anythng and he didn't even get along with Tupac.  If you change one event, it changes all the other events around it.  Suge has done some dumb stuff no doubt.  But you gotta give him his due in the 90's he was a great owner and setup a $300 million dollar operation from nothing.  Dre laid a bomb classic once he was free from Ruthless.  Suge signed Kurupt and Warren G led Snoop to Dre.  Everything came together.  But these albums don't exist in their true classic form if you change the events of time.  I agree, I wanted Death Row to release so many more records that are sitting under someone's couch seats or in a shed somewhere and all we have is these low quality bootlegs, but what was meant to be happened.  And we wouldn't have those classics if you switch things up.  All Eyez On Me is my personal favorite album of all time.  You can feel Death Row on that album come to life to this day better than any other album in the history of hip hop.