Author Topic: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]  (Read 11009 times)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »
Anyone in Canada get the best buy version yet...cuz i still haven't and i'm pretty sure the company is down the street from me...not happy...Can anyone shed any light on this? it's probably been discussed somewhere but thought i'd try this...
no not yet homie...

and am i trippin or did snoop diss biggie on Keep it Real Dogg on lost sessions? somethin like "youre fat, youre black, your wack and got one dead eye"???

D-TalkX

« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2009, 01:09:19 PM »
Damn wonder why it's so hard to get the CD in Canada from a Canadian company. Might take a rocket scientist to figure that one out

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2009, 01:34:50 PM »
fuck wideawake selling me an mp3 cd for $10
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2009, 02:24:18 PM »
Anyone in Canada get the best buy version yet...cuz i still haven't and i'm pretty sure the company is down the street from me...not happy...Can anyone shed any light on this? it's probably been discussed somewhere but thought i'd try this...
no not yet homie...

and am i trippin or did snoop diss biggie on Keep it Real Dogg on lost sessions? somethin like "youre fat, youre black, your wack and got one dead eye"???

Holy shit you're right.  I was just listening to that track.  I was wonder who he was talking about.  When you said Biggie it just clicked.  I mean who else would he talking about.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2009, 03:31:29 PM »
no not yet homie...

Holy shit you're right.  I was just listening to that track.  I was wonder who he was talking about.  When you said Biggie it just clicked.  I mean who else would he talking about.
crooked
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

kuruptDPG

« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2009, 04:44:48 AM »
no not yet homie...

crooked

crooked wasnt known then lol

Okka

« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2009, 06:33:27 AM »
daz said he produced part of DOGGYSTYLE (murder was the case)   not the Chronic

either way Daz is not a trustable source

Daz never said he produced "Murder Was The Case". He said he did "Ain't No Fun" and "Serial Killa" and he said that Emanuel Dean did "Gin & Juice".

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #187 on: October 26, 2009, 05:22:19 PM »
Still fighting through the thread, props for these great posts in here. Didnt know dubcc could still do it like that!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

MarshColin

« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2009, 06:06:16 PM »
no not yet homie...

crooked

He was correcting the "eye" reference in the line, not talking about Crooked I. Jesus, your stupidity never fails.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »
^ Sorry you deathrow scholar lol. he mentioned crooked u idiot & i find it wee bit funny that he mentioned him.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2009, 11:27:13 PM »
This finally arrived in the mail the other day, overall the albums pretty cool, good to heat that vintage death row sound. And also interesting to hear the creation process behind classic tracks. Mixing is bad, but not so bad to ruin the listening experience, some songs it is hard to hear the lyrics though... Gravy Train, Eat A Dick, Fallin Asleep On Death Row and Doggystyle would be the highlights for me so far...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2009, 03:18:10 AM »
no not yet homie...

crooked

He was correcting the "eye" reference in the line, not talking about Crooked I. Jesus, your stupidity never fails.
he's definitely not being the stupid one in this case, look at the quotes.

meltiger

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2009, 03:57:04 AM »
hoez has been out for over 10 years

Yup

Though not so much leaked as in Snoop put it out himself lol

All the good shit off smokefest landed on DMW

kuruptDPG

« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2009, 04:35:32 AM »

he's definitely not being the stupid one in this case, look at the quotes.

props dre day lol

eNgIeS

« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2009, 06:19:15 AM »
Dre has always said he enjoyed working with Pac and at the time said how usually he had to get rappers to rerecord vocals where as Pac just came in and laid the vocals down perfect 1st time in. What soured the relationship was Suges influence over Pac, and coupled with Daz's lies (I produced this track Dre didnt) is what probably led to Pac not liking Dre and then dissing him with lies that Suge and Daz told him (no wonder Dre wont work with Daz again).

Tupac was a grown man meaning he decides who he likes and who he doesn't like.  Pac dispised Dre to the point where he went on KMEL radio in the Bay Area and dissed him saying he's a bomb producer but he never produces any beats.  He continued to diss him on the radio interview.  He also has several tracks like "To Live And Die In LA," "Fuck Friends," "Toss It Up," etc.  When you're a grown man, you make your own decisions.  If he didn't have a problem with Dre, he wouldn't be dissing him.

I don't know who to believe as far as Daz is concerned.  I heard him say he produced parts of the Chronic but like you said who knows if he barely produced the track and Dre did all the work on it.  The mixing on that album is top notch.  Dre deserves an assist for "Dogg Food" but I also remember an interview with Suge where he said Daz was doing the production and Dre wasn't doing anything, which is why we saw all the Daz & Johnny J production on "All Eyez On Me."  I believe that they had to force Dre to mix Dogg Food otherwise we'd still be waiting for it since he was so slow.  Look at him now, it's the same thing -- he needs someone to push him to release some music, 10 years for one album is unacceptable ("Detox") so I could see where Pac & Suge were coming from.  I also remember that "California Love" was intended for "The Chronic 2" but Dre obviously agreed to move the track to Pac's album because he shot the video for it with Pac.  Tracks got moved around all the time on Death Row, that's nothing new...look at "Can't C Me," that was supposed to be for Dogg Food originally.  Even recent years, look at "Hood Star," that was Crook's big new single for the third attempt at a debut album and after Crook had his problem with Suge he re-recorded it with Petey Pablo on it.  Just like Young Doobie took Chocolate Bandit's "I'm Country" (Chronic 2000).  Tha Row did stuff like this all the time, so I can't really see how Dre would be upset about Cali Love when he shot the video for it knowing it was going on Pac's album.  Then he stopped production alltogether for "Chronic 2" and started working on a compilation album that he would eventually release on Aftermath.

I have to say that I agree with Pac in the sense that Dre is a BOMB producer, but he takes FOREVER to produce a track.  I also agree with you that Suge signed a bunch of acts and he didn't run them by Dre.  Dre was being nudged out of the company but he also was bringing it on himself by not participating in anything.  I think he was just frustrated because he wanted to take Death Row in a national format situation and work with artists like Nas where Suge's idea was to keep it Westcoast and thugged out, then eventually do a "Death Row East" (which was basically a takeover of the East Coast).

I also remember reading in a Suge interview that he discovered Kurupt at a birthday party when he freestyled for him.  Maybe someone from DubCNN could ask Kurupt this in his next interview.  But it's also obvious Kurupt was loyal to Suge as he resigned with Death Row to become Vice President of the label until it went into bankruptcy after the lawsuit.  Kurupt was cool with both Suge and Dre and he was the only rapper to be on both "The Chronic 2000" and Dr. Dre's "2001."

If thats what you want to believe thats fine. The truth is an entirely different story. Bottom line is Dre and Pac didnt hate each other, even Dre said in an interview in 2000 that he never blamed Pac for the beef, cause he knew Suge and ppl were in his ear feeding Pac bullshit, from Dre not producing songs to him being gay

Dre was a co owner, he had the right to pick and choose who he works with and how long he takes

Sneed was about to come out and Dre was working on that and his own shit he wasnt interested in Dogg Pound as much by the time 95-96 came around. Suge put pressure on Dre to do that as well as give 2Pac the california love track. Dre gave it up but i bet if it wasnt for the pressure from Suge he wouldve kept it for himself