Author Topic: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]  (Read 10981 times)

Mygla

Re: Snoop Doggy Dogg - The Lost Sessions [2009] [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »
and he led 2Pac down a pathway into street violence that 2Pac wouldnt have been involved in if not for the influence of Suge.

yeah, cause 2pac wasn't running around shooting cops and raping women before he signed with Suge ;D

meltiger

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2009, 03:14:24 AM »
and he led 2Pac down a pathway into street violence that 2Pac wouldnt have been involved in if not for the influence of Suge.

yeah, cause 2pac wasn't running around shooting cops and raping women before he signed with Suge ;D

Never did any such thing

Mygla

« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »
Of course not, I forgot that he said he was innocent!

meltiger

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2009, 06:57:20 AM »
^ Was he ever charged with raping anyone?

I think you'll find the answer to that question is ... No.

I have no doubt he was guilty of what he was charged with.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2009, 08:58:52 AM »
daz said he produced part of DOGGYSTYLE (murder was the case)   not the Chronic

either way Daz is not a trustable source

Daz never said he produced "Murder Was The Case". He said he did "Ain't No Fun" and "Serial Killa" and he said that Emanuel Dean did "Gin & Juice".

so if Daz produced Serial Killa, he must have taken Dre's Eat a Dick and added some shit to it. haha

i think if Daz produced Eat a Dick thats what it would have been listed as

Okka

« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2009, 09:04:20 AM »
so if Daz produced Serial Killa, he must have taken Dre's Eat a Dick and added some shit to it. haha i think if Daz produced Eat a Dick thats what it would have been listed as

Maybe Dr. Dre "produced" it but in reality Daz made the beat, who knows?

Blasphemy

« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »
lol couple be the other way around, daz made up the stripped version of the beat, Dre started adding the layers.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2009, 02:54:02 PM »
so if Daz produced Serial Killa, he must have taken Dre's Eat a Dick and added some shit to it. haha i think if Daz produced Eat a Dick thats what it would have been listed as

Maybe Dr. Dre "produced" it but in reality Daz made the beat, who knows?
well Daz talks a lot of shit, what else do you need to know.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2009, 11:16:45 PM »
In a nutshell, Pac was riding hard for the Westcoast and Suge was behind him and he was out of control.  Dre went into hiding and started to record more positive music ("Dr. Dre presents..The Aftermath."), Snoop remained on Death Row but laid low and after Pac passed away Suge put him in artist purgatory and wouldn't release "Smokefest" (a lot of the tracks on Dead Man walkin were recorded during this period).  So Snoop feared for his safety and he was laying down, and he packed his bags for New Orleans to work for No Limit.
  Dre didn't go into hiding. He'd been recording at his in-home studio for over a year before Pac came home. And Snoop's next D.R. album was going to be called "Doggumentary", not "Smokefest". Your artist purgatory claim is just your mind having fun with info and trying to create confusion. Snoop was never kept from releasing anything. He wanted off of Death Row and Master P offered to buy out his contract. With Dre gone and Pac dead, Suge wasn't keep their biggest-selling artist from putting out music.

Meanwhile, in 1997-98, it was all about unreleased Pac tracks and the rumors that surrounded him.  Jimmy Iovine came to Suge and said he needs his artists "soften" his content.  Suge refused and Interscope slowly backed out on Suge before he went to Priority.  Dre signed with Jimmy and Interscope, softened his artists, and the effort as a more positive rapper didn't pickup.  Meanwhile, the media blackballed the West Coast, and the gangsta rap period came to a slow end.  Artists like Mase, DMX, Puff Daddy (Diddy), Jermaine Dupri, Jay-Z, Cash Money, and No Limit took control of the airwaves with Bling Bling rap.  Westcoast artists still sold Gold but would eventually die out the next 5 years as sales continually decreased because of no national radio and video support.  They had a smal surge in 99-2000 with the Up In Smoke Tour and a series of albums including Kurupt's "Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha," Dr. Dre "2001," Mr. Short Khop, Ice Cube, Chico & Coolwadda, 40 and Short droppin albums, but they just couldn't keep it going with the blackballing nationally and no major radio play and no video play on MTV.  Those artists like DMX and Cash Money overtook the West with all the major radio play and videos on MTV.
  This has to be some of the dumbest gossip I've ever read. The media was blackballing the West Coast? So all the national print and TV conglomerates all just agreed that they weren't gonna let anyone from Los Angeles make money? Sorry, but you've been on the Internet WAY too long! Dre and Snoop were all over magazine covers. The N.W.A. reunion was being talked about and even got a national stage on "Farm Club".

As for the Suge-Jimmy conversation, that's 100% heresay and makes no sense! Interscope rode with Death Row for five years during that whole censorship issue with C. Delores Tucker and several well-known politicians calling them out left and right. The likely cause of Interscope not renewing ties with Death Row had to do with Suge going to prison and the countless civil suits which were placed on the label. In fact, Suge had met with C. Delores Tucker before the sentencing on his proabtion violation and had made an agreement that Death Row wouldn't use the word "nigga" on future releases in exchange for Tucker showing her support for him in court. Interscope didn't soften Dre's artists. Dre was moving away from gangsta rap and had been talking about doing so for awhile. "Been There, Done That" was done while he was on Death Row, genius.

Blackballing is generally an industry tactic, not a media one. There was plenty of radio and video play for artists in the West. You must have been in a coma or something in 1998-99 because your recollection of the music scene back then is greatly different from what was actually happening.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2009, 11:59:05 PM »
yee
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
check the similarities:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMG2gWE_Rc4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SMG2gWE_Rc4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ME3K3m3U-Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6ME3K3m3U-Q</a>

MarshColin

« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2010, 08:46:23 PM »
Are you talking about the bassline being similar? That's the only part that stuck out to me as sounding like Doggystyle but I didn't give it a super close listen.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2010, 09:04:08 PM »
daz claimed he did rat a tat tat
daz also claims he doesn't do crack    but that is also a lie of his
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2010, 05:38:51 AM »
Are you talking about the bassline being similar? That's the only part that stuck out to me as sounding like Doggystyle but I didn't give it a super close listen.
yeah, i'm probably not the first person to notice it, but i don't think it was brought up before (here)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2010, 08:42:38 AM »
daz claimed he did rat a tat tat
daz also claims he doesn't do crack    but that is also a lie of his
:D +1
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts