Author Topic: windows XP question  (Read 124 times)

H2O proof MC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm the muthafuckin man like homo erectus
windows XP question
« on: February 03, 2002, 09:09:16 AM »
has anyone tried downloading this off of Morpheus or Kazaa? If so, does it work? Cause my broke ass doenst wanna go spend $200 bucks on it. Thanks in advance. I currently have windows 98, so I just wanna make sure it doenst freeze my computer or anything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

The Big Bad Ass

Re: windows XP question
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2002, 09:16:49 AM »
I'd be cautious about that. I downloaded Windows ME for my old cpu 2 years ago, and it corupted my hard drive. I had to reformat, and lost 3000 songs in the process, cause the coruption caused my motherboard to not read my cd burner. So I had no way to back up anthing. Plus, from the experience I've had with XP, it doesn't look much better than ME. I wouldn't do it. Or if you know someone in college, get them to borrow it form the library, or buy it. They have access to XP for 5.00 at IU, and Purdue here in Indiana. I figure it would be like that at other big universities around the us.

Jome

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2002, 10:32:54 AM »
If you don't got a power-ass computer you should might as well go with WinME. I upgraded from Win98 to ME, and it's VERY much better. Even though I got a Pentium3 500 Mhz with 384 MBRam, WinXP was much slower than ME, cause it took so much resources. What you REALLY are paying for in XP, is the flashy graphics & cool design. They're working on a new Windows now, so you might as well wait for that.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2002, 11:15:33 AM »
Windows XP has proven to be far superior to Win ME. I have Win XP and it really is much better than ME. Its more stable, easier to use, and never crashes.

Peace

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2002, 12:14:19 PM »
^^ I've had ME for a year and 3 months, and it hasn't crashed yet. I've used XP for an extended time on my brothers cpu, and I just don't see what the big fuss is. Plus half the stuff you try to dl from the net isn't compatible with XP right now.

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2002, 02:02:44 PM »
I wouldn't trus XP as far as i could throw bill gates

Firstly, when i installed it on a brand new hard drive (heard that it scans ur comp to check whether all the shit on ur computer is lagit (another reason i don't trus it)) it logged onto the internet constantly without me tellin it to, i didn't like this cuz it could be Microsoft scanning ur comp checkin shit and puttin all ur shit on a database ( This is something i could do without cuz pretty much everything we got is on gold disc's, even the cd's we got XP on wern't lagit. This is ok if u have nothing to hide, but personally we got thousands of ££ worth of cd's on jus a few gold disc's.

Another reason why i don't trus it is cuz when win 95 came out it took them till 98 to get it right (personally  i think win98 is the best, it has it's drawbacks, but it trustworthy), so anyway, when 95 came out it had loads of bugs and shit, not sayin xp has loads of bugs, jus sayin it'll take them a while to get it perfect, or near perfact so to speak.

the fact that almost most things at the mo out there isn't compatible with xp is jus another reason why we don't have it yet

and the last reason why i didn't like it is cuz i think it's too much for simpletons. It's TOO user friendly if u ask me, u mayb thinkin, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS LOSER TALKIN ABOUT, I SHOULD FUCKING WEAR HIM OUT?!?!' (lol) but yeah, i jus think it's too nice to the user, lol, 4 example, it makes me feel a bit guilty when i shut the comp down, It gives me emmotions i don't want from a computer, Soon they'll have computer expecting u to stroke it and shit!?!?!

But anyway, they're my reason why i don't use XP, U can Bitch at my reason now if u want, I probz sed some ignorant stuff but fuck it, that's my opinion.

Another reason why i don't want it, is cuz Bill Gates got enough money, why not wait till something 'NEW' comes out, from a different. OS, Peace

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2002, 02:38:39 PM »
Windows 98SE wuz rated the best OS for home, till XP came out.

I didnt download the copy, but borrowed it from my friend, and cracked it.  I use Windows Xp PRO version 2600

If your gonna download it, be sure to download the PRO version, the crack is included, and also, SCAN THE FILE FOR VIRUSES ... thats very important for any file u download of any file-sharing program.

If the file(windows xp) is in :
*.DAO,
*.TAO (Duplicator),
*.ISO (Nero, BlindRead, Creator),
*.BIN (CDRWin),
*.IMG (CloneCD),
*.CIF (Creator),
*.FCD (Uncompressed),
*.NRG (Nero),
*.GCD (Prassi),
*.P01 (Toast),
*.C2D (WinOnCD).

...formats, you might need a program called ISOBUSTER to open it - [link]

So far, i find xp very stable and smooth, the buit in defragger has been improved upon a lot(tho i use diskeeper 7.0)
i dont encounter as many errors, and the system restore utility works beautifulyy

as for resources, windows xp is PERFECT, on a  system wid an high amount of ram, but there are other ways to gain resources....
Windows Xp, when it starts, it loads a lot of "Services" with it, many of them are totaly unneccerry, and eat up resources, you can refer to this site, for what services, to disable [link]

You can find a lot more system performance tweaks as well [link]

Also, you might try downloading a few FREE, tweak programs:
Tweak UI XP (with Power Toys) [link]
Xteq X-SETUP (the ultimate tweaking program) [link]

BTW, what are your computer specifications? (RAM, speed, GB etc)

Its a very good OS, for me atleast ...

any more problems, holla

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Jome

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2002, 02:40:23 PM »
This is ok if u have nothing to hide, but personally we got thousands of ££ worth of cd's on jus a few gold disc's.
You know Overseer got your IP right? Expect the fed's or in your case Scotland Yard knocking on your door very soon. Be very scared.
;D ;D

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2002, 02:44:22 PM »
i already got CID lookin at my house every Sat. night, so hell yeah, bring Scotland Yard round too, we'll make a night of it!?!

Instant_Killa

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2002, 02:54:03 PM »
Windows 98SE wuz rated the best OS for home, till XP came out.

I didnt download the copy, but borrowed it from my friend, and cracked it.  I use Windows Xp PRO version 2600

If your gonna download it, be sure to download the PRO version, the crack is included, and also, SCAN THE FILE FOR VIRUSES ... thats very important for any file u download of any file-sharing program.

If the file(windows xp) is in :
*.DAO,
*.TAO (Duplicator),
*.ISO (Nero, BlindRead, Creator),
*.BIN (CDRWin),
*.IMG (CloneCD),
*.CIF (Creator),
*.FCD (Uncompressed),
*.NRG (Nero),
*.GCD (Prassi),
*.P01 (Toast),
*.C2D (WinOnCD).

...formats, you might need a program called ISOBUSTER to open it - [link]

So far, i find xp very stable and smooth, the buit in defragger has been improved upon a lot(tho i use diskeeper 7.0)
i dont encounter as many errors, and the system restore utility works beautifulyy

as for resources, windows xp is PERFECT, on a  system wid an high amount of ram, but there are other ways to gain resources....
Windows Xp, when it starts, it loads a lot of "Services" with it, many of them are totaly unneccerry, and eat up resources, you can refer to this site, for what services, to disable [link]

You can find a lot more system performance tweaks as well [link]

Also, you might try downloading a few FREE, tweak programs:
Tweak UI XP (with Power Toys) [link]
Xteq X-SETUP (the ultimate tweaking program) [link]

BTW, what are your computer specifications? (RAM, speed, GB etc)

Its a very good OS, for me atleast ...

any more problems, holla

-{bLaDe}

coo :)

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2002, 08:00:20 AM »
XP is so superior to Windows 98, ITS FAR MORE STABLE, I cant compare it to Windows ME though as Ive never used it.

98 sucks, always crashing, stupid Illegal operations, and the dreaded blue screen, None of that on XP
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!