Author Topic: The Game’s R.E.D. Album Gets Release Date  (Read 2352 times)

Blasphemy

Re: The Game’s R.E.D. Album Gets Release Date
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 02:55:40 PM »
if he dont have traxx like
my bitch
wont stop
murda
feels good

its gon flop...lol
IMO I think he needs to stop getting as much praise for My Bitch. he is basically copying Dre's flow from "Bitches ain't shit". :/

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 02:58:55 PM »
As I said before Game isn't original.  The majority of his good songs are copies of older classics. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 04:34:48 PM »
As long as game keeps putting out bangers, who gives a fuck about how original he is. Dude has dropped two heated albums and one dissapointing album...2/3 dope albums is actually pretty high standards in recent times...i actually agree with action (probably the first time in my life) that LAX was too messy and basically he tried to reach out with LAX but he failed. Average album, nothing more. No replay value.

I been reading alot of bullshit on here though, i aint heard the recent track with glass malone and the cat slim the mobster but i heard some of his older shit and he sounded terrible. Maybe dre be moulding him and he is abit more dope now but i dont see why dre would fuck with slim the mobster if game is back with dre (is this confirmed?). He could have kept bishops old ass even if dude is generic as fuck but atleast IF game was back he would have had two niggaz about of similar level one who tries to act a lil intelligent and the other who drops bangers. Is bishop still fucking with dre? I wouldnt mind hearing a new mixtape from the dude even though he aint nothing special at all...like game but games got a consistant track record.

Also i read something stupid on here about how if u like game, i dont understand how u can not feel slim da mobster. That sort of bullshit made me laugh. Do you have to feel bishop if you like nas? Do u have to like jigga if you like bishop? Dudes tryna be in a certain category within hiphop don't make their overall skills sick. I could try to be a similar rapper to nas but it wouldnt mean i be sick. lol...or dudes should feel me ...

Game makes dope music...i see wayyy to much hate on dude on here, nobody claims he is perfect but for people who consider themselves casual listeners of his music, i see them twitchin in every game topic. lol. I hope dre and game make some heat again...and hopefully just blaze is involved in this album, niggaz a beast. And khalil and jr rothem...if they got that heat.

Have any tracks from R.E.D been released yet?

pz!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »
If you like Nas then yeah most likely you will like Bishop Lamont.  Does it mean you HAVE to?  No but there's a strong chance you will.  Likewise I don't see how one can dismiss Slim Da Mobsta so easily if they're a fan of Game.  He's really not that different of an artist.  But, you're right one likes what they like no matter what.  Reason and logic have little to do with how the ears work. 

And, it's all kinds of silly indulgence to be comparing Slim and Game.  I'm at fault of this too.  One has a career and has shown how he would make music over quality production (Game) where as Slim has yet had the chance to show this.
- Banks

Muhfukka

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »
the game is a fuckin joke ive never listened to that untalented faggot

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 05:06:39 PM »
If you like Nas then yeah most likely you will like Bishop Lamont. 

Not really. I am a huge nas fan, probably my favourite artist alive. Bishop on the other hand is average to me. Like i said, you might be going for the same audience, similar vibe buts its about how skilled you are at pulling it off. Nas can. Bishops 30+ and still hasnt. Not even in a similar league.

As for slim and game, i agree, not fair to compare, ones doing it relatively big and the other aint done shit and probably won't. I wasnt really comparing, i was just commenting on how someone said if u like game, they dont understand how they can not like slim da mobster. Stupid comment. Like i said...i could try and be a gangster rapper, but if i pull it off terrible, just because im aiming for the same audience as game, dont mean i should be felt. ;-)

Thats pretty logical. But i do agree, what you like and dislike is more geared towards your own ear.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 05:19:24 PM »
Yeah.  I made that comment.  I really don't care.  Just how I view things.  I understand others won't agree.

I actually used to be a big Game fan until I started reviewing my musical roots and realized he was more of an imitation than the real thing.  I understand he tries to pay homage but it just comes across as him being unoriginal.  When he does homage right like Game's Pain I think it's dope but when he remakes someone else tracks (My Bitch or Start From Scratch) it's just disappointing (even when I think both are good and I do he doesn't deserve the credit).  He's entertaining for sure but it's not the same when it's the real deal.    Hence, I appreciate Bishop Lamont who I think tries to be original and fresh even if his vocals aren't top notch.  As for Game, I'm a casual listener that stays up to date on his moves.  Even if LAX was a disappointment, most artist make one or two bad albums.   
- Banks

American6Idiot9

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 05:22:02 PM »
i hope this is a good album. here are my favorite game albums in order:

Doctors Advocate
The Documentary
L.A.X.

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2009, 05:34:05 PM »
Yeah.  I made that comment.  I really don't care.  Just how I view things.  I understand others won't agree.

I actually used to be a big Game fan until I started reviewing my musical roots and realized he was more of an imitation than the real thing.  I understand he tries to pay homage but it just comes across as him being unoriginal.  When he does homage right like Game's Pain I think it's dope but when he remakes someone else tracks (My Bitch or Start From Scratch) it's just disappointing (even when I think both are good and I do he doesn't deserve the credit).  He's entertaining for sure but it's not the same when it's the real deal.    Hence, I appreciate Bishop Lamont who I think tries to be original and fresh even if his vocals aren't top notch.  As for Game, I'm a casual listener that stays up to date on his moves.  Even if LAX was a disappointment, most artist make one or two bad albums.   

Start From Scratch was already done by someone else ??

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »
I don't think it's fair to compare Bishop and Games career since obviously things were completely different in 04. Back then you had record labels investing in new artist from left to right, nowadays they're scared, calculated and basically won't push an artist unless he has that number 1 single. It's not just the westcoast, it's also eastcoast and if they do get to release an album, they flop like crazy. Now bare in mind that in those golden times, Game was on the verge of being dropped from Interscope, with no vocal/public support from Dre whatsoever until 50 stepped into the picture. They started working the mixtape market, exposed him to the NY region... and only then has Dre appeared with Game & 50 on 106 & Park, had that photo shoot in Compton... I'm not taking anything from Game music wise because you need to have the talent to back it up and he has proved that with his 3 albums (for the record I enjoy LAX, I actually look it as his "Massacre"). The point I'm making is that people need to stop acting like Game was some big project from Interscope and Dre before 50 stepped up and thus comparing it to Bishops "old ass".

And btw yes Bishop doesn't have an official album out but the stuff from the album we've heard with Dre were great imo; Grow Up and Hallelujah. BTW Lyrical G I'm still waiting to hear your opinion on this track.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »

Start From Scratch was already done by someone else ??

Alot of tracks have been made with similar vibes...for example, how many times has eminem took an idea that 2pac did...(he may have took it from someone prior) and many rappers do something which is already done plenty of times before. Sometimes it comes off dope, others times not so.

For the record, start from scratch is one of my favourite game tracks, though the hook by marsha was possibly the thing which made the track imo a 5/5 track. The beat was amazing imo, game held his flow on his verses, got stronger as the joint went on BUT imo, marsha killed the hook, she put it all together what dre and game did...IMO.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »
[Mase]
Yo, just think if you could rewind time
And start your life all over again
What would you give and what would you keep?
You heard me, what would you keep?

[Loon]
Yo, yo, if I could go back, I wouldn'ta sold no crack
Wouldn'ta never put my hands around no gat
But you know Loon, bein' all hard-headed
And don't listen, even if God said it
I didn't have to stick with folks that sniff no coke
I didn't have to fix the block when shit was broke
Same cats I helped was twistin' smoke
Now imagine if I went to school, went to class
'Stead of bein' a young cat sent to blast
Sent to slash criminal's necks in half
For playin' dumb when I come to collect my cash
And cuz of that cats will respect my past, I ain't playin'

[Shyne]
If I start from scratch I'd sign with Def Jam
Nah, fuck am I saying? Puff's the best man
Plus I'mma Bad Boy, I'm more like a bad man
Put mo' nigga's in pits than Brad, man
Can't dodge bullets? Too bad, man
Shit, I'd a copped the five instead of the six
That way wouldn't of crashed and killed my cousin
Keep quiet instead of having the industry buzzin'
Do a devil's advocate style, don't let 'em see you comin'
Use the revolver when bustin' and sluggin'
That way no evidence
But fuck it, got money to be tried, worse come to worse
Who God bless, no man curse, hatin' niggas, lay in the dirt

[Mase & Meeno]
Yo, if you could start your life from scratch (What? What?)
Rewind time and still go back (It's time to eat)
What would you change in the way that you live today
And what would you leave right where it's at?

If you could start your life from scratch (What? What?)
Rewind time and still go back (About to kill it)
Come on, come on

[Meeno]
Yo, if I could start life from scratch, I wouldn't change shit
Same gun, same clip, same dumb bitch
All Out, Harlem World, same old clique
Same old studio, same old shit
Shit don't change just because a cop took six to the brain
Meeno got a lawyer, man I'm hip to the game
You could find a gun, but if my prints ain't on that thing
What is you sayin'?
And on the same block that I get my glocks from
You see the same cop that get popped with the shot gun
([Mysonne:] Mysonne)
And at the same bodega I got my tops from
([Mysonne:] Mysonne)
I give the same old money to the same cop's bum

[Mysonne]
If I could start from scratch, I'd bring daddy back
And put five in the first cat that show mami crack
I sit back and listen to them drunks on the block
Tryin' to school me with jewels, tellin' me who to watch
I killed five people, I'd let survive
And the five I took away, I'd a left alive
If I could do all it again I'd bring Virg' back
Or I switch places with him, I hope you heard that
I would have prefered that, I ain't have to starve
Pitch crack, have to rob and catch a charge
And I'd do it all again if I had to
Pitch no-win to win, and I'd be glad to
And I'd hit every target I took aim at
But I'd still be a problem, you can't change that
I'm a problem

[Mase]
Yo, if you could start your life from scratch (Uh)
Rewind time and still go back (All Out)
And what would you leave right where it's at? (And Double Up)

If you could start your life from scratch (Bad Boy, Bad Boy)
Rewind time and still go back
(Yo, I really don't know what's goin' on)
(I'm tellin' ya, I really don't know what's goin' on)
Come on, come on

[Mase]
Yo, cuz half the cats that flip, we all was cool
And half the chicks I hit, they teased me in school
I got a baby by a lady I don't even love alot
Wish I wore three rubbers 'case the first rubber popped
But you can't cry now, milk already spilt
I had eleven friends and ten already killed
Went down south and I ain't feel the guilt
And I ain't ready to war but that ain't the way built
And for all the nights and all the fights
That I had for all this money over all these dice
All my cars and homes and all my ice
If I could do it all again, I'd do it all for Christ
Whoever thought the limelight or the super-stardom
Whoever thought there'd be a problem comin' through Harlem
Can't even chill, cats wanna make me a villian
Cats that I grew up with I gotta contemplate killin'
Nobody love me, I'm my own mister, and on my own, mister
Mama did what she could but now I'm grown, mister
Though she told me once, wish she'd told me then
Though I'm the youngest, I'mma grow to be the oldest man
And cats thinkin' they gon' win cuz they veterans
Ain't about age at this stage, man with the most cheddar win
How you live right? Every day get in bigger sin
How you say no at the door screamin' "Let me in"?
From the outside it's lookin' gooder than it ever been
But tell the truth, when I was broke it was better then
All Out, 33rd street

[Mase]
Yo, if you could start your life from scratch

If you could start your life from scratch
Come on, come on
- Banks

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2009, 05:51:51 PM »
I don't think it's fair to compare Bishop and Games career since obviously things were completely different in 04. Back then you had record labels investing in new artist from left to right, nowadays they're scared, calculated and basically won't push an artist unless he has that number 1 single. It's not just the westcoast, it's also eastcoast and if they do get to release an album, they flop like crazy. Now bare in mind that in those golden times, Game was on the verge of being dropped from Interscope, with no vocal/public support from Dre whatsoever until 50 stepped into the picture. They started working the mixtape market, exposed him to the NY region... and only then has Dre appeared with Game & 50 on 106 & Park, had that photo shoot in Compton... I'm not taking anything from Game music wise because you need to have the talent to back it up and he has proved that with his 3 albums (for the record I enjoy LAX, I actually look it as his "Massacre"). The point I'm making is that people need to stop acting like Game was some big project from Interscope and Dre before 50 stepped up and thus comparing it to Bishops "old ass".

And btw yes Bishop doesn't have an official album out but the stuff from the album we've heard with Dre were great imo; Grow Up and Hallelujah. BTW Lyrical G I'm still waiting to hear your opinion on this track.
Wat up meho, long time.

I actually agree, 50 cent and his buzz was a huge factor in game being released. Just to let u know though, westside story was made before he joined up with 50 and co though and was originally meant for the training day ost...(i think, it may have been another movie) but dre said it was too good for that and would save it for his album. But yes, 50 helped without doubt and i would never argue that...have i? I dont think so. I would say that game took full advantage of his hype though. His appearance on banks album, his mixtapes with 50 etc, he was getting better and his buzz was getting bigger but he followed through by putting out what you would consider to be bangers with westside story, how we do...which 50 was great on and dreams and the cool n dre track. 50 was a big help in games career. As was dre. But game took advantage of his situation because as you said, it requires a certain talent and ability to appeal to a mass audience and dre seen something in game which he felt he had.

I dont see why we're speaking of 50 and game though, because this topic has been spoken of many times, possibly between me and you and i agree with u on what you said.

Especially about the recession and how things have changed from a interscope business perspective. They need guarentees. I for one don't think bishop would have blown up back in 04, i just dont think he has it i him to come correct on a scale how he wants to do it and still push units. I dont think he is skilled enough. I do think he is a good rapper at times, sometimes very good, my favourite two tracks of bishop in recentish times are africa and donkey kong. I loved the vibe of africa, very impressed, they should have never released that on a mixtape and his flow on donkey kong was crazyy...but i dont think he does it enough. Thats just my opinion. I will never become a fan of an artist just because dre signed them etc, i will always speak my opinion and usually i feel its on point..but then im going to say that but the previous stuff i was talking about in regards to if u feel one, u dont have to like the other was just logical talk, anyone can see the point.

BTW, my hopes for R.E.D are average at the moment. lol. I think game was improving and still busy with documentary and before DA came out with loads of mixtapes and his flow was still being refined and tuned and he kept working on it. I see him as a sports cat, keepign him busy keeps him good imo. If he has been in the studio with the likes of dre for a while, i think he will do well and his flow will be on point for the album but if games just going into studios for album tracks and nothing else, i think he will struggle because only a few can pull that off.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »
Oh and as for grow up, i think i commented on this when it first came out. Its very crisp but nothing special at all imo. Could be an album track for a bottom half of an album, mellow sorta track and i hated the hook, way too too corny. But i also dont think he should have come out with that track. I heard dre was not happy with it, not sure how much truth is in that but regardless, i never thought it was amazing to be honest.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2009, 06:01:24 PM »
Forgot to say "what up", it was wondering where you've been.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand, I was simply pointing out the 50/Game situation because you said how Bishop and Slim don't have a track record to prove, when Game's entrance into the stardom was very unusual, not your typical "label signs an artist, he builds his buzz, drops a single and boom a star is born..."

BTW I was talking about the Hallelujah joint (feat. Xzibit, produced by Dre), not Grow Up.