Author Topic: Young Mass Presents... The Best Of Daygo City /All San Diego Hip Hop compilation  (Read 78 times)

40ozChris

• Lil Geezy
This album "Young Mass Presents... The Best Of Daygo City" was released independently early this year ,and got nominated for a 2009 San Diego Music Award in the "Best Hip Hop Album" category. The album lost out to SD's excellent Hip Hop band Deep Rooted, but after receiving the nomination, and other attention, Jake Records (Westside Bugg, Digital Underground) picked up the project and will release it everywhere on 11/10/09. Jayo Felony & Mitchy Slick have been holding my city us down nicly for a long while, this could this be the start of a new movment for the scene? Joint features 20 of SD's best. Full tracklist is up on the MySpace & Website. This is from a press release...

Description:

"Young Mass Presents... The Best Of Daygo City" is an album of all new, original solo cuts by San Diego artists bringing' some of the hottest Hip-Hop from across county.

In early 2008, after a five year stint as the youngest member of multi-platinum group Digital Underground, the 22 year old San Diego rapper/producer burst onto the local Hip-Hop scene with his explosive self-titled debut, which contained high profile cameo appearances from the likes of Shock G, Money B, and Yukmouth among others.

Young Mass is back with a project that Mass says... "represents a cross section of all the Hip-Hop in San Diego", "The best thing about the album is that it truly illustrates the variety of musical talent that we have in Daygo"! “All the way from Oceanside to San Ysidro, Young Mass Presents…The Best Of Daygo City, is exactly what its' title implies --Don't Sleep”!!!

The compilation is 20 tracks deep with heaters like Verbz (Styles Free) ode to the city "San Diego Is The Combination" which features Blame One, and Mr. Brady (Deep Rooted), Pacific Beach's O.C.T./Outta Control gets the party started with "Come Correct", and Southeast SD's finest Ms. Kitty takes you in the hottest club on "Work My Kitty", with an all star appearance from I-Rocc. Young Mass teams up with R&B singer J. Young with there smoothed out "you don't have to be a star to be in my show" inspired "Celebrity Girl" track. We also introduce some very sexy, lyrical fire with newcomer Shavone C. with her banger "Baddest Chick Around"!

Available: November 10th online at iTunes, Amazon.com, Napster, Rhapsody, and more

Label: Jake Records /  www.jakerecords.com

Websites: www.myspace.com/massterpiece / www.youngmass.com

the vine

• Muthafuckin' OG
cool thats whas good, everybody always been sleeping on SD and focusing on LA only imo, SD has always put it down with great music