Author Topic: "I could kill all you rappers if I wanted to" - Snoop  (Read 973 times)

PLANT

"I could kill all you rappers if I wanted to" - Snoop
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
ATLANTA — Snoop Dogg's video for "Gangsta Luv," featuring The-Dream, should be out soon, and his next LP, Malice N Wonderland, is ready for a December release.

"I start off with so much malice in my heart when the record kicks in," Snoop explained Friday night at T.I.'s Grand Hustle Studios; the Dogg was in town for the BET Hip-Hop Awards. "By the time I get to the end of the record, I'm in Wonderland. I'm feeling good about life. I'm celebrating, happy about my wife, my kids, life in general. It's just a roller coaster of what I'm going through as I speak.

"I've always juggled the line: 'Should I make a gangster record? 'Cause I could kill all you rappers if I wanted to,' " Snoop continued. "Then I have to sit back and say, 'I'm a business, so I'm gonna make records that can help me in this business.' I have to make radio records, but when I don't care, y'all in trouble."

Snoop is juggling his role as an artist and newly appointed exec at Priority Records.

"I haven't started off trying to sign no new acts right now," he said. "My main focus is making sure my record comes through that channel the appropriate way so I can set a standard. It's like what we did with Death Row back in the day. We knew how dope everybody was, but until we got [Dr. Dre's] Chronic album off the ground, that was the foundation. This Malice N Wonderland is my Chronic album to get this foundation off the ground. Once we do that, we'll look to see if there's somebody worth signing or somebody that's blowing up on the West Coast like Nipsey Hussle or somebody doing their thing that might need to be taken under my wing. That's what I'm gonna provide."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1623855/20091014/snoop_dogg.jhtml

Blood$

Re: "I could kill all you rappers if I wanted to" - Snoop
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:56:08 PM »
hopefully he drops at least Tha Dogg Pound's album on his label, that one is long overdue and all the singles from it are already old enough

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »
that would be dope if Nipsey came out on the new Priority under Snoop!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:03:06 PM »
None of the leaks I have heard so far have anything to do with "malice." And a song called "Gangsta Luv" doesn't sound very promising either.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »
why isnt he smart enough to let crooked ghost write for him like on crooks n doggs
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »
why isnt he smart enough to let crooked ghost write for him like on crooks n doggs

Ego

Blasphemy

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 08:21:43 PM »
why isn't he smart enough to let crooked ghost write for him

or even better featured all over his albums,soundtracks and compilations. Get Dre.

Fixed  ;D

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 09:06:05 PM »
from what bishop said it's true but he doesn't release it and puts on a phony image
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 11:08:25 PM »
Should I make a gangster record? 'Cause I could kill all you rappers if I wanted to,' " Snoop continued.

Why dis nigga try'n to make it seem like he's tha BEST rapper from tha WEST. I think we all know dat he was a long ass time ago but Snoop ain't fuckin with niggaz like Tha Jacka,& Yukmouth

acgrundy

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 11:13:50 PM »
You know it is true, and I agree with the statement.  Too bad he doesn't seem to want to though a majority of the time.

AGeesta

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »
if Crook wrote for Snoop that would be awesome

Chad Vader

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 11:47:58 PM »

or even better featured all over his albums,soundtracks and compilations. Get Dre.

Fixed  ;D

But for real,even Dre could benefit from having Crooked under his wing.
Crooked has something that the other cats he's currently working with (Bishop,Earl Hayes and Slim The Mobster) lack;
A real Mic presence and powerfull flow.
Don't get me wrong though,I like Bishop etc.... but they're more supportive MC´s than stars on their own.... if you know what I mean(?).

Play Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 12:11:42 AM »
Should I make a gangster record? 'Cause I could kill all you rappers if I wanted to,' " Snoop continued.

Why dis nigga try'n to make it seem like he's tha BEST rapper from tha WEST. I think we all know dat he was a long ass time ago but Snoop ain't fuckin with niggaz like Tha Jacka,& Yukmouth

I disagree wholeheartedly with that statement. If you listen to R&G, tracks like Oh No and Tha Bidnes, he is on some other shit. He has a different style of rapping that New York wannabe punchline shit. If you listen to the Welcome to the church some of those songs, the one wiht Nate Dogg and Lil' Half Dead, I think "LBC'n it up"... "I flashback to the crackhouse with a bucket/ Wear the same clothes for days and say fuck it... Coz I'm the magnificent/ Hip hop and this pimpin' shit".  Run Up with 213. I mean, who can think of "The hood ain't got no Geneva either".

I just think Jay Z blowing with a bi-coastal sound had everybody trying and do lyrics with a bit of that East in their lyrics. Yuk, Game, Bishop, Crooked, Kurupt, Ras Kass, Xzibit all have a bit of the Eastcoast thing. If Snoop and other rappers like Nipsey just do them it sounds a lot better than having Eastcoast type of lyrics.  The Source Magazine had the same influence too. People like Dj Quik, Sugafree, Daz (when he's focused like in Respect), Spice 1, Too Short, 2pac (G.O.A.T) and the late Mausberg, have way way different lyrical styles than what gets recognize 9 out of 10 times in the Eastcoast which runs the industry. Look at Andre 3000, his style is so different but he's never dropped a wack verse. So, Yuk and them could go to New York and be respected but it's just a different style. So Snoop has a point. I'm a fan who doesn't enjoy the corny shit. There's wisdom, game, believeable storylines, etc. See, when Snoop talks about being a Westcoast don it's not just a punchline. He's back it up more than enough times since his career started. Remember Gangster Bedtime Stories????? That's that shit nobody can fuck with. "I'm that full who brought the Afro back, and pat your back and then I'll turn around and snatch your sack/ Before I came niggaz was wearing slacks/ I brought the curl back and the golf hat/ The black crockersacks and the scandelous raps/ I the 187's kidnaps and jacks/ I brought raps to the game nigga!"

That's that shit nobody does. They ain't got no credible history that the world can vouch for. That's what I'm saying. But I respect your opinion, I just grew on Westcoast music. E40 has never been called a great lyricist in any magazine. You sound like those people who would agree. This is another type of hip hop. 1 love

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 09:51:43 AM »
He's still not tha best rapper OUT WEST

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »

Fixed  ;D

But for real,even Dre could benefit from having Crooked under his wing.
Crooked has something that the other cats he's currently working with (Bishop,Earl Hayes and Slim The Mobster) lack;
A real Mic presence and powerfull flow.
Don't get me wrong though,I like Bishop etc.... but they're more supportive MC´s than stars on their own.... if you know what I mean(?).

Crooked had the opportunity at one point, but declined...

You know it is true, and I agree with the statement.  Too bad he doesn't seem to want to though a majority of the time.
no it's not.
he's only good with proper guidance