Author Topic: CNN: Lou Dobbs or Latinos in America??  (Read 172 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
CNN: Lou Dobbs or Latinos in America??
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:00:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqKvSxmUoVQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IqKvSxmUoVQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999</a>

AGeesta

Re: CNN: Lou Dobbs or Latinos in America??
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 10:10:56 PM »
im hispanic and im against illegals in this country too...

whats wrong with that?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 10:24:29 PM »
im hispanic and im against illegals in this country too...

whats wrong with that?

it's not an immigration issue, it's the issue of not reporting true facts, and making claims he can't back up. I personally have no problems with Lou Dobbs, I think CNN though should hold him to the same standards that they claim they hold the rest of their network. His product of a time when every station needed their conservatives. CNN had Dobbs and Beck, MSNBC had Scarborough, and Fox had a WHOLE NETWORK. At the time, it was okay, because everyone was doing it... lol... but now it's time to take people like Dobbs, Beck, Olbermann, O'Reilly, Hannity, Maddow, Schultz, Shepard Smith and the rest who do these commentary "news" programs to be held to some journalistic standard and actually report real news. I like Olbermann, but honestly his better suited calling home runs and touchdowns than he his reporting news, because he doesn't report news, he gives commentary from a liberal prospective.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 08:10:36 AM »
You know whats crazy is that Lou dobbs hates Latinos and he's married to one.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Cali Climate

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 08:24:25 AM »
The only people claiming he distorts the facts are usually a part of an organization that supports illegal immigration or pretends like it's not a problem. They just don't like getting called out on their shit.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 11:09:04 AM »
Firstly the video doesn't even attempt to address what Lou Dobbs has said and instead conveys the message that is hateful, hates all latinos. This is simply the base level ad hominem attack which they use know works so well using emotive language attempts to shame and silence any dissenting voices.

So first of all, this idea that he hates latinos is dismissed by the fact that his wife is latino.
Secondly he describes illegal the flood of illegal immigrants as an invasion. Well this is semi true, it's true in the sense that some mexicans have the mentality that America is theirs and they are here to take it back, or la reconquista. Now it's fact that the border are essentially completely porous, it is also fact that there are tens of millions of illegal immigrants. In fact I suspect this figure is quite conservative and is probably much more than any official estimate.
In terms of the claims they are bringing diseases which have been all but eradicated back into the country, I don't see anything which is inaccurate about that, these people are coming from a place where health is terrible, due to terrible poverty, meanwhile they can't get the access to the treatment they need, so disease runs rife including spreadable diseases.
Does Lou Dobbs seek to stir up a hornets nest? of course, controversy sells, ratings see a big jolt and people want to hear his views whether they agree them or not. In fact Lou Dobbs only scratches the surface, since many times his claims about a highway running through canada and mexico are very vague and thus seems to carry little in the way of truth.
He isn't perfect and he might be misinformed on issues but then to see people calling for his resignation, is indicative of two things, how you are welcome to any free speech but don't use free speech which might offend and secondly because people are extremely uncomfortable about hearing anything which goes against the grain. I have been saying it for some time and I guess it had less of an impact but America and the World are going into a depression. At such desperate times, the goal has to be protect the borders.
This is just yet another reason why it's so obvious that the actual threat of crazy terrorists wanting to strike is such a joke because if nothing else, even just for reassurance, you would secure the border.