Author Topic: I told ya'll muthafuckas them secret muthafuckas was crazy n weird  (Read 410 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
 >:(

(CNN) -- An investigation into the deaths of two people who spent up to two hours inside a "sweat lodge" at an Arizona retreat last week has been elevated from an accidental death investigation to a homicide inquiry, Yavapai County Sheriff Steve Waugh told reporters Thursday.

Authorities said James Shore, 40, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Kirby Brown, 38, of Westtown, New York, died Friday at the Angel Valley Resort after spending up to two hours in the sauna-like sweat lodge. Nineteen others were treated for injuries. One person remained hospitalized Thursday in critical condition, Waugh said.

The dead and injured were attending a program by self-help author James Arthur Ray, authorities said.

A sweat lodge is a dome-like structure covered with tarps and blankets. Hot rocks and water are used to create steam in the enclosed environment.

The owners of the resort built the sweat lodge, Waugh said, under Ray's direction. A nurse on Ray's staff was present during the event, police have said.

At least one of those who died was in the back of the structure, Waugh said. Ray was positioned near its door. There were no seats, he said; participants either sat or lay on the floor.

Ray is the author of the best-selling book "Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting the Life You Want." Ray, described on his Web site as a "personal success strategist," has appeared on CNN's "Larry King Live" and the "Oprah Winfrey Show," and is featured in the self-empowerment film "The Secret."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/15/arizona.sweat.lodge/index.html?iref=hpmostpop

Again what the fuck's a sweat lodge and the purpose of it? Odd ass people. :loco:

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: I told ya'll muthafuckas them secret muthafuckas was crazy n weird
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »
Ray was positioned near its door.

Ummm...and that wasnt a red flag to anybody?!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:37:49 PM »

:D

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 01:42:16 AM »

Damn all of this  seems like a CSI plot in the making.
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube

Cali Climate

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 09:16:54 AM »

Again what the fuck's a sweat lodge and the purpose of it? Odd ass people. :loco:

It's basically like a teepee or tent that has a smoldering fire covered in rocks, and water is thrown on the rocks to create steam. It started with Native Americans, they believed after spending enough time in the sweat lodge you would reach a spiritual high and learn something important. Little did they know that you were just restricting oxygen to your brain and catching a high like euphoria from nearly killing yourself. Nowadays the new age self help weirdos still practice it.

There's also the variation that you see in spas, a sauna. That just helps you sweat out a bunch of stuff, you dont stay in it for too long.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »
 :-\

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 11:17:19 AM »

It's basically like a teepee or tent that has a smoldering fire covered in rocks, and water is thrown on the rocks to create steam. It started with Native Americans, they believed after spending enough time in the sweat lodge you would reach a spiritual high and learn something important. Little did they know that you were just restricting oxygen to your brain and catching a high like euphoria from nearly killing yourself. Nowadays the new age self help weirdos still practice it.

There's also the variation that you see in spas, a sauna. That just helps you sweat out a bunch of stuff, you dont stay in it for too long.
Common sense tells anybody that you will dehydrate and die if you stay in a steam room for too long. I go in the steam room for 10 minutes and feel great afterwards and it has alot of health benefits by sweating out toxins and increasing circulation to the lymphatic system

Cali Climate

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »

Common sense tells anybody that you will dehydrate and die if you stay in a steam room for too long. I go in the steam room for 10 minutes and feel great afterwards and it has alot of health benefits by sweating out toxins and increasing circulation to the lymphatic system

yeah don't get me wrong, I love steam rooms before/after snowboarding or swimming etc...It just seems common sense eluded the Native Americans in that matter.