Author Topic: Kurupt - "Space Boogie" is an underrated NEAR CLASSIC...  (Read 3647 times)

Sccit

Re: Kurupt - "Space Boogie" is an underrated NEAR CLASSIC...
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »
^how was it a total mess as an album? it had a theme and the theme stuck all the way through. you may say it's not your style, but calling it a total mess is off. there's nothing inconsistent about this near classic...PeACe

Okka

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »
Great album, but there was a few real weak cuts on it like "It's Over", that shit was garbage. "Space Boogie" is still one of my favorite albums from Kurupt though. Actually, i'm gonna bump this album right now. I'd like to see a new Kurupt album that's mostly produced by Fredwreck. "On, Onsite" is one of Fred's best beats.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 11:30:19 AM »
Lyrically it does slip a bit. For every The Hardest or On Site, you have a It's Over or The World. The song with Everlast was all over the place too lyrically as well to me. The concepts were there, just not executed the best at times.

Paul

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »
It definitly stuck to the Futuristic G Funk, very similar style in production and it flows well

There a couple of tracks it could do with out

That was my favourite period from the dogg pound, D&G, RAW and Space Boogie
funkyfreshintheflesh

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 11:47:42 AM »
Hate On Me with Soopafly was the best track on the whole album....Can't Go Wrong w/ DJ Quik was good as well.  Still, wasn't as good as Streetz but I don't think any Kurupt album will ever be as good as that album, having the whole DPGC on there was something that won't be repeated this day and age.

It Ain't About You was my shit off of Tha Streetz.

Yeah me too, that's one of my top 5 Soopafly songs of all time.  Both of them come at the hoes so hard on that one it's incredible.  They don't make rap like that anymore.

Chad

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 01:54:15 PM »
Great album, but there was a few real weak cuts on it like "It's Over", that shit was garbage...

That was the problem IMO..."It's Over" was the lead single, and the reason alot of heads skipped over this album....When I first heard that joint, I was like, "what the fuck?!"..lol...but the rest of the album was dope!
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Will_B

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 01:58:57 PM »
I definitely agree with the original poster.

It's a 3.5/5 to 4/5

That's a Strong Banger/Near Classic.

Peace  8)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 06:21:20 PM »
Great album, not sure what people don't like about it.

I still give it spins on a regular basis.
its super dope album

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
Giving this a listen again... I liked it but not as much as Streets.

I actually liked that "It's Over" track.  Cool upbeat track and Natina sounds nice on it and bitch is fine!!!

The track "Space Boogie" was a banger.  Remember I played the fuck out of that song when I bought this album.

I'll drop thoughts again here later after I give it a listen again.  Been awhile since I've bumped this one.

Okka

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 04:52:50 AM »
Ain't "Bitches" supposed to be a hidden bonus track on this album? I got it on my album and it's even on the back cover on the tracklistin'.

Paul

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 05:10:12 AM »
Ain't "Bitches" supposed to be a hidden bonus track on this album? I got it on my album and it's even on the back cover on the tracklistin'.

I have it, i thought it was a european bonus track
funkyfreshintheflesh

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 10:11:20 AM »

When the album dropped, there were 3 different collector versions that came out, as well..the three collector versions each had differnt bonus tracks. One version had "Bitches" with Butch Cassidy, one had "Have Fun" with Tha Liks, and one had "The Life I Lead"...........all three bonus tracks are pretty tight.

Taclivin

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 02:47:55 PM »
Good album yes. Great album hell no. but a 3.5 is a fair score for it.

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 02:51:58 PM »
I love this album. It's almost as good as "Tha Streetz" imo. I think people don't like it only because it followed "Tha Streetz"

Yeah that's a good way of putting it, the production on this album was GREAT, better than Tha Streetz IMO, Kurupt's verses just weren't as solid.

ur crazy man, never ever ever ever ever was the production no way near as dope as streetz  :D

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 04:36:51 PM »
I love this album. It's almost as good as "Tha Streetz" imo. I think people don't like it only because it followed "Tha Streetz"

Yeah that's a good way of putting it, the production on this album was GREAT, better than Tha Streetz IMO, Kurupt's verses just weren't as solid.

ur crazy man, never ever ever ever ever was the production no way near as dope as streetz  :D

Nothing funny about that...I personally think the production on this album can easily compare to the production on "Tha Streetz"...lyrically, "Tha Streetz" takes the cake, but "Space Boogie" had top-notch production and i can see why someone would prefer the "Space Boogie" sound over that of "Tha Streetz"...PeACe