Author Topic: got charged with petty theft ** update**  (Read 815 times)

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
got charged with petty theft ** update**
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:14:08 PM »
fuck i got charged with petty theft. i was a dum ass and took 12$ worth of food at safeway and there charging me with petty theft. i got court n 45 days and cant afford a laywer they want 1200$ cash. i cant get that n 45 days . i have no recored so this is my first charge. can any one help me its a long shot. this happend n cali

called about 5 lawfirms lawyer is out the q its way to expansive . the cheapest one i found was 1200$ . looks like ill just have to get a public deffender.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 03:41:03 PM by { E. B. K.} 4 click clack GANG »

DTG Entertainment

Re: got charged with petty theft
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:16:44 PM »
Get a public defender man. They only charge like 2 or 3 hundred with court costs. You should be let off with a warning or some shit like that. Don't worry about it bro. I got court in a a few weeks for four felonies - I have a total of seven felony charges but the first three got dropped two years ago first time I ever went to court. You should be good man, I will get my dudes to look into what you can do to postpone it.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:20:18 PM »
Get a public defender man. They only charge like 2 or 3 hundred with court costs. You should be let off with a warning or some shit like that. Don't worry about it bro. I got court in a a few weeks for four felonies - I have a total of seven felony charges but the first three got dropped two years ago first time I ever went to court. You should be good man, I will get my dudes to look into what you can do to postpone it.

+1 i can get like 300$ but a g is out of the q. do u know how much court fees are? and will they go on my record?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »

+1 i can get like 300$ but a g is out of the q. do u know how much court fees are? and will they go on my record?

My court fees with public defender where like 200 but yours maybe a bit higher since you are dealing with a company - I was just dealing with the law, also - it will only go on your record I believe if the charges stick.

acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 10:30:40 PM »
I have petty theft on my record.  Its not that big of a deal.  If it is your first offense, clean record, the judge may possibly drop the charges.  I wouldn't pay $1200 for a lawyer for it.  Mine was when I was a juvenile, so its not really a big deal, and I can get it sealed if I just go through the necessary steps.  Every job I have had for the past several years have done background checks on me, and this doesn't seem to matter.  One company cared, but I just explained it to them and they hired me.

Just tell the judge that is was only $12 worth of stuff, and for the most part you are a good person and this being on your record is really bad.  Probably bring in some proof of what you are doing with your life (school, job, volunteering, etc.)

You really should learn how to handle this situation better though.  Its always best to cry and then snitch on your girlfriend and let her take the fall.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 10:32:07 PM »
You really should learn how to handle this situation better though.  Its always best to cry and then snitch on your girlfriend and let her take the fall.

ROFL!!!!!! Man, I am paying like $1,000 just for a fucking retainer fee. It's ridiculous. However, I really need to get off my case. Lol.

Jaydc

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 10:37:28 PM »
i got that same charge when i stole this album

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 10:44:07 PM »
I have petty theft on my record.  Its not that big of a deal.  If it is your first offense, clean record, the judge may possibly drop the charges.  I wouldn't pay $1200 for a lawyer for it.  Mine was when I was a juvenile, so its not really a big deal, and I can get it sealed if I just go through the necessary steps.  Every job I have had for the past several years have done background checks on me, and this doesn't seem to matter.  One company cared, but I just explained it to them and they hired me.

Just tell the judge that is was only $12 worth of stuff, and for the most part you are a good person and this being on your record is really bad.  Probably bring in some proof of what you are doing with your life (school, job, volunteering, etc.)

did u have to pay fines or any thing els?

Sparegeez

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »
thank god you're not in jail right now :o

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 10:58:13 PM »
\
lol ya im reading on all this stuff about shop lifting in cali looks like ill need a laywer to get this shit not on my record.

Sparegeez

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 11:01:20 PM »
\
lol ya im reading on all this stuff about shop lifting in cali looks like ill need a laywer to get this shit not on my record.

If you need one, I got a lawyer for you here in LA. He's cool with me and he won't even do jugggg with me but at least you'll know he's raw.. trust me

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 11:05:20 PM »
\

If you need one, I got a lawyer for you here in LA. He's cool with me and he won't even do jugggg with me but at least you'll know he's raw.. trust me

can u ask him some stuff for me?

Sparegeez

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 11:08:02 PM »
\

can u ask him some stuff for me?

yeah just PM me ill hit him up

universe

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 12:58:40 AM »
YOU DON'T NEED A LAWYER.

JUST GO IN THE COURTROOM AND ADMIT GUILT :P

AGeesta

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 01:20:56 AM »
damn that sucks

dont forget court fees and shit