Author Topic: Rakim Allah  (Read 249 times)

bow_down

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Rakim Allah
« on: November 11, 2002, 06:03:33 PM »
Isnt it haram to have Allah in your name, if rakim is muslim then why does he have it. someone clarify this up for me

PETER ZOO

• Lil Geezy
Re:Rakim Allah
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 06:15:27 PM »
hi!i am not a muslim,.....so i cannot speak as to the answer there,and i dare not try,...
yet from what i thought Rakim Allah,the artist is a member of the 5% nation group,....an offshoot of the nation of islam,.....
they are technicaly not muslims,...yet see islamic values and principles as a way of life that is acceptable,....
so,.........my theory is that to him.....(if what you say about it being'haram')is true,...it does not apply,....
id be wondering myself what any muslims who frequent this board think of its use in this way,..........
like i said i am not a muslim, there fore cannot speak authoritavley about it,.......

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 12:05:39 AM »
You got it right Peter....good response

how do i feel about it? its not right...you can use the name allah with words attached like...for ex.

abdullah

in essence means, "servant of allah"

but u cant just put allah as a last name,, its not allowed...

but that shows how close 5% is with orthodox islam
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

PETER ZOO

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 12:24:55 AM »
but that shows how close 5% is with orthodox islam

yeah,i often wondered about the whole 5%percenter thing,.....
i read in an interview with RZA once about the 'Killa Beez' projects,....
talking about how the feelings/beliefs/attitudes between himself,wu-tang and their musical affilates(in killa beez) is similiar in that have a foundation in the nation of islam and the beleif that the black man is god,............
now i thought this funny because as far as i knew the islamic beleif held that god was not a man,a woman nor anything can be comprehended by the human mind,....
god is supposedly indescribable,...........
i know there(5%percenters...)are talking about the black man supposedly being the first man,....and he is referred to as 'god' in their lingo becuase all man is supposedly descened from him,..............
for a group that supposedly see islamic values as an ideal lifestyle,....why do they insult the faith,...and infact any person who is a beleiver,....by taking god's name in a way that is to serve their own purpose,........in 'vain' perhaps???
« Last Edit: November 12, 2002, 12:26:17 AM by PETER ZOO »