Author Topic: Tech N9ne - K.O.D[King of Darkness][EXPLICIT][RETAIL][2009][BONUS]  (Read 1084 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Tech N9ne - K.O.D[King of Darkness][EXPLICIT][RETAIL][2009][BONUS]
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 10:49:41 AM »
  Just finished listening to the album.  My personal opinion is that this is Tech's most consistent album since "Absolute Power."  After one listen, I'm not sure that it has as many standout tracks as "Ever Ready" or "Killer," but it has far less filler tracks than both of those albums.
  One thing that impresses me about this cd is how cohesively most tracks fit together.  It also seems that on this album, Tech has experimented more with a rock n' roll type of sound.  It's not on every track, but thankfully on the tracks where he's tried this, it works for the most part.
  After one listen, so far some of my favorite tracks are; ",Show Me a God," "Demons," "Strange Music Box," "Pinocchio," "Low," "Killing You," "K.O.D.," and "The Martini."  And out of 23 tracks, I cannot really think of any songs on here that I really dislike.  After one listen, some songs stand out more than others, but I can't think of any that I really thought were "bad."
  My only criticism, and it's a small one, is there are maybe one or two too many skits on here.  But seeing as how some of them tie directly into the song that follows, I can't even complain about that too much.

westsiderider323

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 11:23:09 AM »
  Just finished listening to the album.  My personal opinion is that this is Tech's most consistent album since "Absolute Power."  After one listen, I'm not sure that it has as many standout tracks as "Ever Ready" or "Killer," but it has far less filler tracks than both of those albums.
  One thing that impresses me about this cd is how cohesively most tracks fit together.  It also seems that on this album, Tech has experimented more with a rock n' roll type of sound.  It's not on every track, but thankfully on the tracks where he's tried this, it works for the most part.
  After one listen, so far some of my favorite tracks are; ",Show Me a God," "Demons," "Strange Music Box," "Pinocchio," "Low," "Killing You," "K.O.D.," and "The Martini."  And out of 23 tracks, I cannot really think of any songs on here that I really dislike.  After one listen, some songs stand out more than others, but I can't think of any that I really thought were "bad."
  My only criticism, and it's a small one, is there are maybe one or two too many skits on here.  But seeing as how some of them tie directly into the song that follows, I can't even complain about that too much.

i agree wit u 1000%

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
after all the comments, ima need to check it out

OchoCinco

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »
just gettin into it, will drop some feedback later. I know im gunna like it haha

TRG

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »
Tech drops another dope album.

His flow is incredible.

Mizery Made

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »
It's a solid album without question. On the subject of too many skits, I agree to a degree. Though I'm not a fan of skits for the most part. When they directly relate to the song and aren't just random non-sense between tracks... it's good on the first listen to get "the story," but on subsequent listens, they're a waste of space. The only one I see that was absolutely not needed was "Sundae." The rest of them serve a purpose.

For those thinking about actually picking this up on Tuesday. Why wait? The album got shipped out a little ahead of schedule so they saw the opportunity to push the release up a day. Thus, this will be available on Monday the 26th, which just happens to be the birthday of his mother, who he has dedicated the album to.

fette_chico

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 06:44:28 AM »
Tech always come with the heat and this is no different, personal favorites are the one talking about having a bitch in his trunk bumpin his catalogue and whispering in her ear "bet you like tech9ne now bitch" and also leave me alone, with the rest of the album having no real faults
Strange music as a whole camp is slept on something shocking

OchoCinco

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 04:27:29 PM »
Tech did it again, another great fuckin album!

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 12:10:27 PM »
glad to see every one likeing the album no hateing at all how could you solid album like buddy said like noo fillers on the cd
hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 06:49:42 PM »
wouldnt be in my sig if it wasnt good. This shit puts Killer to shame

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 11:13:37 AM »
after a skip thru the album....its aite still doesnt sound as dope as everready or absolute power which are his best albums IMO
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 02:31:36 AM »
I thought this album was very good.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »
i can not see how u can say that this album is so good. Its his least good album by far. Too many guests and just one standout track in my opinion (Show me a god).

Many of the other tracks has boring beats and too much songs with no story behind it and just random wordplay. I feel like tech didnt really put his heart to the fullest into this one like on all his previous albums.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »
Shadows on The Road is a dope song.  been having it on rotation all day. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 08:43:16 AM »
Not the best Tech album, but absolute a dope album...

But Absolute Power is whitout a doubt his best album to date,,
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.