Author Topic: Ice Cube - Death Certificate  (Read 1488 times)

That_Cracka_J

Ice Cube - Death Certificate
« on: June 11, 2002, 06:41:05 PM »
Ice Cube – Death Certificate

1. The funeral…intro
2. The wrong nigga to fuck wit…Hard hitting production.  Cube’s lyrics are off the hook.  4/5
3. My summer vacation…Hella tight beat.  Great story-telling ability about slangin’ dope.  5/5
4. Steady mobbin’…Cool song about life in the hood.  Tight hook.  4.5/5
5. Robin Lench…skit
6. Givin’ up the nappy dugout…Tight story about hoes.  Decent beat, but hella tight lyrics.  3.5/5
7. Look who’s burnin’…Another great story told by Cube about girls who got STD’s.  4.5/5
8. A bird in the hand…Nice laidback beat.  Shorter song with no hook, but it flows well without one.  4.5/5
9. Man’s best friend…Track about a gun being a man’s best friend.  Only 2 minutes long, but it’s a tight ass track.  4/5
10.   Alive on arrival…Tight ass story about gang life.  Smooth production.  5/5
11.   Death…interlude
12.   The birth…interlude
13.   I wanna kill Sam…Cube lays down a nice flow over some quality production.  4/5
14.   Horny lil Devil…Track about white guys trying to get with black women.  Decent song.  3.5/5
15.   Black Korea…skit
16.   True to the game…A nice laidback beat.  Cube warns against people being sellouts.  4.5/5
17.   Color blind…Laidback production is matched nicely with lyrics from Cube, Kam, Deadly Threat, King T, JD, and The Maad Circle.  3.5/5
18.   Doing dumb shit…A funny song about being kids.  Lyrics are tight, but I don’t really like the beat.  3/5
19.   Us…Quality production accompanied with great Cube lyrics.  4.5/5
20.   No vaseline…Diss track aimed back at his old homies from N.W.A.  Tight ass diss track; lyrics, production and all.  5/5

OVERALL…10/10

Easily Ice Cube’s best work.  Lyrics were untouchable.  High quality production laces every track and Cube never disappoints with his hard hitting lyrics.  The stories in his rhymes are highly entertaining, then add that to the A+ production and you’ve got a hot album.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice Cube - Death Certificate
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2002, 07:22:57 PM »
AMEN.. this iz his best and will 4eva be hiz best.. i agree on all of it except sum u gave lower marks id smack em 2 a 5
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 04:00:19 PM »
Shits amazing, classic...Cubes best work and one of the best albums ever.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 03:45:14 AM »
Shits amazing, classic...Cubes best work and one of the best albums ever.

The Predator

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 01:21:51 AM »
Ice Cube - Death Certificate
(Priority Records 1991)

Nigga's are in a state of emergency.
The death side a mirrored image of where we are today.
The life side a vision of where we need to go.
So sign your death certificate...
- ice cube

Life Side

1. The Funeral (pro sir jinx) 'It was one thing, it was one thing it was the......'

2. The Wrong Nigga to Fuck Wit - (pro sir jinx/ice cube) 'The jherri curled 'nigga ya loved to hate' returned as the shaven headed 'last nigga in the world you wanted to fuck wit'. Cube had left NWA but he sure didnt leave his attitude. Early 90's westcoast hardcore beat pumps furiously as cube kicks-off the red carpet tounge lashing that will take aim at many as the LP rolls on. Darryl Gates LAPD boss at the time is one of the first of many to get served : 10/10

Don't let me catch Daryl Gates in traffic
I gotta have it, to peel his cap backwards
I hope he wear a vest too, and his best blue
goin up against the Zulu
Break his spine like a jellyfish
Kick his ass til I'm smellin shit
Off wit the head, off wit the head I say
And watch the devil start kickin
Run around like a chicken, grand dragon finger lickin
Yo, turn him over wit a spatula
Now we got, Kentucky Fried Cracker
Mess with the Cube, you get punked quick
Pig, cause I'm the wrong nigga to fuck wit

3. My Summer Vacation (pro boogie men/cube) The plague like spread and copy cat tactics of LA Gang culture with all its colors, drugs n bangin poppin up in various states in the US is given the classic cube gangsta story telling execution. The rapper switches his infamous gang storys from S Centrall to St Louis adding a creative twist on the tale. The rumbling bass is hardcore gangsta with a touch of jumbo jet, drive-by bullets and a uh-uh lady type sound effects cut in to it. 10/10

4. Steady Mobbin (pro boogie men/cube) Classic Cube braggin n taggin rhymes dipped in true westcoast flavour and a Finger snappin beat. 10/10

5. Robin Lench - skit(pro sir jinx/boogie men) Comedy intake on a tv show prize being descripted trip to S.Centrall, 5000 G ;D

6. Givin Up The Nappy Headed Dugout (pro boogie men/cube) Sweet christian raised n school attending girls whose parents think are too good to be going out with 'damn ice cubes' get thier sweetheart reps run thru the dirty mud. 10/10

7. Look Whos Burning  (sir jinx/cube) - (pro sir jinx/Cube) Everyones got a sexual appetite (even nuns..hey) but the west coast master decides to get informative and educate in a slick told you so style on the downsides of unprotected sexual pleasures ; diseases n sexual stds galore. Clinics, heebie-jeebies, pissing razor blades, pussys blowing smoke signals...  10/10

8. A Bird in the Hand - (pro boogie men/cube) Most peeps will remember the cool instrumental to this song from 'boyz n hood' you know them bloods that were cruising about in thier car pointing shot guns out of rolling down tinted windows with this playing. Lyrically Cube rallys for the poor living in poverty stricken ghettos and aiming his politically motivated cross-hair sites at the powers that be. 10/10

9. Mans Best Freind (pro boogie men/cube) Cube recommends Guages to sorting out problem-matic situations then a pitbull. 10/10

10. Alive On Arrival (pro boogie men/cube) Ice returns to his trademark gangsta story telling but this time round the focus of his displeasure are the piss poor hospitals. Cubes chillin with his homies on the corner when they suddenly dash from a drive-by attack and he catches a slug. The way the sound of a unconcious cube coming round with his homie hollering at him to wake up is genius. 10/10

Since we poor
The hospital move slow
Now I'm layed out
People steppin over me to get closer to the tv
Just like a piece of dog shit
Now will I die on this nappy ass carpet
One hour done passed
Done watched two episodes of M*A*S*H
And when I'm almost through
They call my name and put me on ICU
Halfway dead
No respect and handcuffed to the bed

11.Death - skit The late controversial Dr Khalid drops a few lines

The Life side

1.The birth - skit - Dr Khalid Abdul Muhhammed sets of the life side.

2. I wanna kill Sam (pro sir jinx/cube) The army/govt aka uncle sam which has long been an enemy of blacks and its persecution/mistreatment of them...feels the wrath of a unforgiving ice cube. He puts them on display for who they really are behind the fake propaganda smiles and welcoming call to arms to fight for them as the production of the song shifts changing musical substances. 10/10

"The army is the only way out for a young black teenager.
 We'll provide you with housing.
 We'll provide you with education.
 We'll provide you with everything you need to survive in life.
 We'll help you to be the best soldier in the U.S. of A.
Because we do more before 7. a.m. then most niggers do in a whole life time''

3. Horny Lil Devil (pro boggie men/cube) The gloves come off and from pale faces that fuck at a snails pace, Crackers that are fags, corner store japs, color me bad (but you cant sex me up!) etc.. all get a bashing 10/10

4. Black Korea - This song which was labled as inflammatory and stupidly at the time banned in the uk with 'no vaseline' came at a time when tensions between korean store owners in the hoods and thier hood resident customers were at all time high. The looting of Korean stores and Koreans shooting back, killing of a young black girl all came to fold in the LA riots. Cube here adds spike lees 'do the right thing' samples to add to his 'menace 2 society' style attack while he hollers 'pay respect to the black fist/or well burn ya store to a crisp' For the drama caused it was a very short one verse song by the way. 10/10

5. True To The game (sir jinx/cube) The 'get ya ghetto pass revoked line' is put in to effect. The beat is slowed down and chilled but none of cubes anger is awol. The first verse is aimed at Eazy E without naming him classing him as a sell-out and others in the music scene at the time are given a slight slap. 10/10

Put a bug in your ear and now you crossed over
On MTV but they don't care
They'll have a new nigga next year

6. Color Blind (boogie men/cube) feat Deadly Threat, Kam, The maad Circle, King Tee, J-Dee - A great westcoast posse line up. A great concept too. Everone comes correct and plays thier part well in the song but Cubes presence is the most outstanding. 10/10

7. Doing dumb shit (pro boogie men/cube) O'shea gets autobiographical and with a sense of humour reflect on immature childish activities. This stongly reflects on the youth of even today. 10/10

8. US (pro sir jinx/cube) Not even blacks are sacred from a savage attack in cubes world as he gives his own community a taste of the medicine hes been dishing out to everyone else. Another song which reflects truly even today. 10/10

But don't point the finger you jiggaboo
Take a look at yourself ya dumb nigga you
Pretty soon hip-hop won't be so nice
No Ice Cube, just Vannilla Ice

^ thank god that didnt happen but some will complain we (hip-hop) got Eminem instead.

9.No Vaseline Taunted, dissed and accused of being a traitor Benedict Arnold, sucking New York dick amongst other things from his one time homeboys of the gangsta gangsta NWA only a super diss in reply would do. This was that super diss. The producers Yella n Dre were the first ones in line to get mutilated 'Yella Boy's on your team, so you're losin/Ay yo Dre, stick to producin' followed by the villian 'You're gettin' fucked real quick,
and Eazy's dick, is smellin like MC Ren's shit'
and then E ' Eazy E would be hangin' from a tree.With no vaseline, just a match and a little bit of gasoline.Light 'em up, burn 'em up, flame on...till that Jheri curl is gone' and the one that caused the most trouble thier manager Jerry Heller 'Get rid of that Devil real simple, put a bullet in his temple.Cuz you can't be the Nigga 4 Life crew with a white Jew tellin' you what to do
10/10

A perfect overall 10/10. Death Certificate to many including Cube himself is the bst cube record but me personaly and plenty of others feel AmeriKKKas Most Wanted. Lets hope cubes next solo record will join in to rival them two.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:06:09 PM by The Predator »

soopa-man

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 06:32:28 PM »
thank you! classic no less!....damn! am i the only one who thinks "Amerikkkas Most Wanted" is fuckin classic along with "The Predator" shyt and if u put all the bootlegs and b-sides from "Lethal Injection" with the album on tape it is without a doubt classic shyt i mean not that Classic that has been thrown around for these shitty albums today albums that didnt sound like any other due to thier creatrivity in lyrics...and choice of production varies....Lethal Injection is G-Funk influenced prob why alot of cats hate on it...

kywhiteboy

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 07:21:58 PM »
Classic!!

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 11:58:22 AM »

dexter

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 10:42:15 AM »
agree^^^^^^^^^^^6666

Chad

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 08:54:50 AM »
classic shit
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 09:57:15 PM »
No doubt this is Ice Cube's best album, 5 mic classic. This album told a story and it had something that would piss off and offend every group imaginable.

I miss albums like these.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

gchild213

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 03:26:27 PM »
best ice cube album

dexter

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »