Author Topic: Should we have the right to criticize rappers and not get put on blast?  (Read 850 times)

Leggy Hendrix

Re: Should we have the right to criticize rappers and not get put on blast?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 07:07:15 AM »
i think if an artist wants to be in the public eye and get that kinda attention, then they gotta take the rough with the smooth. they must know that people are gonna find fault with some of the things they say/do. like they say you cant please everyone...

but does that make you a hater? not at all, like you said we essentially pay for the lifestyle they live...ultimately they should be grateful for the position WE put them in, and use any criticism as fuel to motivate them to advance or further themselves as artists...

just my take on it  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 09:53:46 AM »
I do not listen to leaked songs when they come on the web, simple as that.

Now I have yet to listen to Royce's album, and I have not heard that Shake Off track or whatever, so it will be totally fresh for me.
It's your own fault for downloading!

Good songs should be on an album, heard before or not.  If it really is good, it will stand the test of time when you hear it again.

cosign.

No one knew the track was going to be on the album. It was a two year old track like Taxi Driver.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 02:43:09 PM »
Everyone is free to have an opinion but at the same time, the artist is free to voice his. It might be a little more costly for him to air out the people who buy his CD's though.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »
the internet is so big that people forget that the world is so small.  so all of the bitching tends to look repetitive and doesn't hold much merit.  i mean how many times r the SAME people gonna say Snoop hasn't dropped anything worth listening to since then or the same people saying that anybody new coming in the game with a new style or following the trendy singles idea is wack without even giving them a fair and honest listen.  i'm with the artist, there's too many people with too much time on their hands and no rhythm dictating what's hot and what's not.  all i know is numbers don't lie and last time i checked rich white men weren't so quick to back up niggaz, especially niggaz from the street.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 01:33:13 AM »
Feel free to voice your opinion. Rappers are free to voice their opinion as well. If they take it as legit criticism then more power to them. If they choose to call you a hater and ignore you then so be it.

In the case of Budden, how the fuck did you expect him to respond? What would YOU do if someone started criticizing your homie? Of  course he's gonna be promoting his groupmate's album.

By putting out music, rappers are putting their music out there for people to talk about. At the same time, you as a critic are also putting your opinion out there to be shitted on. While its great when rappers listen to fan criticism and try to improve their music, you also can't really blame them if they tell you to fuck off.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 03:53:30 PM »
I feel we should have the right to express opinions taken away completely. Just one less freedom to worry about.

Blood$

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »
I say yes you have the right to voice your opinion. Especially if I am paying my hard earned money for a album.
co sign to the fullest

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »
criticize music is ok, but when your praying for an artists downfall and criticizing them just to cheer yourself up LOL thats when u take it to damn far your bitchassness takes ahold of your mind and u need to get your mind correct.

what i dont understand how fans can try to clown on somebody with way more money than you.. and think your winning.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »
I say : it's ok to voices your opinions but some ppl take it too far and should put their mouth on hold!

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 09:59:17 AM »
We have to right to criticize and they have the right to respond. Although, they should really do it through their music.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 02:31:26 PM »
what i dont understand how fans can try to clown on somebody with way more money than you.. and think your winning.

Whether someone is a joke or not has nothing to do with how much money they have. Some people have standards. I for one would rather be myself than Nick Cannon, no matter what kind of money he's making or who he's married to.