Author Topic: Aftermath's Bishop Lamont dropping Team America Sat. Feat. Warren G. Nate Dogg!  (Read 8724 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
To clearify to everyone, Bishop Lamont is still officially signed to Aftermath/Interscope. Also, if anyone has seen the movie "Team America" than they will understand that Bishop's upcoming mix-tape is an audio representation of the movie. It's a fun, comical and ignorant satire purposely done to entertain people like the movie did. It was not made to express "westcoast gangsta" rap nor is it made to show "classic Hip Hop" prowess or "street" storrytelling. It's pure sillyness and ignorance which he is giving fans for free to hold them over 'till DETOX and "The Reformation". The only reason people (including 50 Cent) thinks Dre ain't fuckin' with him right now is because Dre is finishing up his own album as well as Em's "Relapse 2". Bishop has already contributed enormously to DETOX so he's focusing on his street albums and self promo. Interscope doesn't want Bishop unleashed to the world 'till DETOX drops. Period.

I understand the satire and I enjoy it but damn does his vocals on Money On My Head get on my nerves.  On other hand I enjoy the lead single.  Once i have the final product we can make a better judgement of this project.  To his credit old boy ain't afraid of a box. 

Dropped or not drop, it shouldn't matter whether you like his music. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks