Author Topic: why did Christians turn Jesus into a Caucasian Figure?  (Read 962 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
why did Christians turn Jesus into a Caucasian Figure?
« on: October 27, 2009, 05:56:42 PM »
was it to push forward Christianity in Europe, as Christianity was mainly a European religion?

IMHO The followers and believers of Christianity would not have taken a colored man seriously..

Sparegeez

Re: why did Christians turn Jesus into a Caucasian Figure?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 05:58:43 PM »
I think most people know the answer to this question. It has to do with keeping the white man as the superior figure.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 09:55:52 PM »
Lol Jesus definatly wasn't black. He however may look like a middle easterner.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:25:10 PM »
Jesus was made into all races just liek Santa Claus. It's easier to believe in something that has the same background as you. Another tactic used to control the masses.

Same deal with Virgen da Guadalupe.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:49:04 PM »
It's hard to take a man who has a name that rhymes with homo seriously.

kemizt

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 10:49:26 PM »
Jesus was made into all races just liek Santa Claus. It's easier to believe in something that has the same background as you. Another tactic used to control the masses.

Same deal with Virgen da Guadalupe.

:baseballbat:

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 12:32:09 AM »
It's because of the fact that historically whites have never respected other races, so of course they couldn't allow an important figure like Jesus to be anything other than white.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 08:53:14 AM »
was it to push forward Christianity in Europe, as Christianity was mainly a European religion?

IMHO The followers and believers of Christianity would not have taken a colored man seriously..

Do you believe Jesus is God? Just wondering.

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »
It's because of the fact that historically whites have never respected other races, so of course they couldn't allow an important figure like Jesus to be anything other than white.
So true.  Could you imagine a white supremacist giving praise to a black Jesus.  Wouldn't happen.  I truly believe that Jesus was of middle eastern descent.  I mean, come on, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Jerusalem where they are predominantly middle eastern.
Time for a change...bring it!

Fraxxx

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »
Of course they made him look like a European for Europeans. Conversion on a bigger scale came about 1500 years later. No way they would have changed the image then.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
So true.  Could you imagine a white supremacist giving praise to a black Jesus.  Wouldn't happen.  I truly believe that Jesus was of middle eastern descent.  I mean, come on, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Jerusalem where they are predominantly middle eastern.

Cali Climate

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 05:06:28 PM »
Because the Italian government commissioned famous painters like Michelangelo to paint religious iconography for them that reflected their own culture, turned out they did such a good fucking job with all that beautiful artwork that the images became hugely popular, inspiring centuries of copycats, along with churches around the world adopting the art to help illustrate the stories.

No priest will ever try and tell you Jesus was white, it's just that those original renaissance paintings were so beautiful they even changed the worldwide perception of Christianity. Perhaps that happening is a nod to the superficiality of Christianity and religion in general.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 05:16:30 PM »
So true.  Could you imagine a white supremacist giving praise to a black Jesus.  Wouldn't happen.  I truly believe that Jesus was of middle eastern descent.  I mean, come on, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Jerusalem where they are predominantly middle eastern.

Yeah, I mean, what are the odds of a white guy being born in the damn middle east?? Complete bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:18:15 PM by 360 »

The Overfiend

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »
No priest will ever try and tell you Jesus was white, it's just that those original renaissance paintings were so beautiful they even changed the worldwide perception of Christianity. Perhaps that happening is a nod to the superficiality of Christianity and religion in general.

And people are gonna be ignorant to jewels dropped anyways. I mean look at Islam, Muhhammad is touted as being an Arab, the Koran remains taught in Arabic and they see that they are keeping it real by that whenever its spread. Yet its still hate when you got Arab-centric Arab-African muslims systematically wiping out native indigenous Africans like they spreading Islam as if it was a physical genetic trait.

Half gorilla, half ape in them track suits, black...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/55b52rQmGPY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/55b52rQmGPY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 08:16:43 PM by Illuminati Clique »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 08:17:05 PM »
what's weird is to see Jesus art from the early Christian days. White Jesus was born in the 1400's, because there was no universal way of painting Jesus. It was believed that Jesus was God, so therefore you can't paint God so you can't paint Jesus. Early Jesus art.

from 330AD

4th Century AD

3rd Century AD

Believed to be in the 30's AD!! So either in Jesus's lifetime, or just shortly after his resurrection