Author Topic: Nomatter how much i dislike Isiah Thomas....I feel for him here. Magic = bitch  (Read 167 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Isiah Thomas Calls Out Magic Johnson for Diss in New Book
Posted by Quibian Salazar-Moreno on Oct 23rd 2009 11:42AM
Filed under: BasketballComments (11)
PRINTE-MAIL|SHARE
In the new book, "When the Game Was Ours," Magic Johnson and Larry Bird share their viewpoints and stories of their classic rivalry with writer Jackie MacMullan. In talking about the 1992 U.S. Olympic Basketball team, Magic admits to not wanting Thomas on the squad, although everyone thought it was Michael Jordan who ultimately had final say.

"Isiah killed his own chances when it came to the Olympics," Johnson said in the book. "Nobody on that team wanted to play with him. ... Michael didn't want to play with him. Scottie [Pippen] wanted no part of him. Bird wasn't pushing for him. Karl Malone didn't want him. Who was saying, 'We need this guy?' Nobody."

Thomas read the excerpt and told Sports Illustrated that the comment and admission from Johnson shocked and hurt him.

"I'm glad that he's finally had the nerve and the courage to stand up and say it was him, as opposed to letting Michael Jordan take the blame for it all these years,'' Thomas told SI.com. "I wish he would have had the courage to say this stuff to me face-to-face, as opposed to writing it in some damn book to sell and he can make money off it."

Also in the book, Johnson accuses Thomas of questioning his sexuality, spreading rumors of homosexuality and bisexuality, after Magic was tested positive for HIV/AIDS.

"Isiah kept questioning people about it,'' Magic says. "I couldn't believe that. The one guy I thought I could count on had all these doubts. It was like he kicked me in the stomach."

Thomas also deflects this statement saying that for Magic to believe this going on was foolish:

"What most people don't know is, before Magic had HIV, my brother had HIV," Thomas said. "My brother died of HIV, AIDS, drug abuse. So I knew way more about the disease, because I was living with it in my house. Magic acted and responded off some really bad information that he got. Whatever friendship we had, I thought it was bulls--- that he believed that. Let me put it to you this way: If he and I were such close friends, if I was questioning his sexuality, then I was questioning mine too. That's how idiotic it is."

________

Magic shoulda done his research.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens