Author Topic: 50 Cent - Before i Self Destruct leaked  (Read 13445 times)

Lucifuge

Re: 50 Cent - Before i Self Destruct leaked
« Reply #360 on: November 24, 2009, 01:47:19 AM »
the raekwon album is better than this
the krs one album is better than this
the rza soundtrack is better than this

I mean you have high expectations for someone like 50, but damn makin wayne, ross sound even worth checkin for (im still not gon listen to wayne etc...)
but im jus sayin the album is terrible
his mixtapes are millions of miles better than this

rea is my favorite mc but album is borning as fuck..same with krs..nothing bether than this ;)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #361 on: November 24, 2009, 09:42:25 AM »

to each is own but IMO theres no way this album comes close to any of those 3....NOWHERE NEAR

I mean you have high expectations for someone like 50, but damn makin wayne, ross sound even worth checkin for (im still not gon listen to wayne etc...)

rea is my favorite mc but album is borning as fuck..same with krs..nothing bether than this ;)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #362 on: November 24, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »
I take "Get Your Walk On"'s opinions with a grain of salt, he says some borderline retarded shit sometimes
hey, it's all subjective :)

Invincible

« Reply #363 on: November 24, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »

rae is my favorite mc but album is boring as fuck..same with krs..nothing better than this ;)

No more instrumentals for you now after this outrageous comment.  :D

Spelling corrected for you also in a few places.  ;D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #364 on: November 24, 2009, 11:58:49 AM »
lol @ Invincible

haha its the same here
its all good
thats what the board is for....opinions

when you signed up it didnt say you have to agree/disagree to be a member

I take "Get Your Walk On"'s opinions with a grain of salt, he says some borderline retarded shit sometimes
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #365 on: November 24, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »
:D you're probably right, but i can't remember that i had to agree with any terms.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #366 on: November 24, 2009, 01:32:43 PM »

Lol true, that's why I didn't attack duke personally. I actually used to like his posts...

Being subjective aye, I guess even Gucci Mane fans have a place in the world somewhere :laugh:...

Jaydc

« Reply #367 on: November 24, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »

Lol true, that's why I didn't attack duke personally. I actually used to like his posts...

Being subjective aye, I guess even Gucci Mane fans have a place in the world somewhere :laugh:...

Yeah they belong beaten to death with a sac full of door knobs in front of family members

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #368 on: November 26, 2009, 06:02:14 AM »
01. The Invitation - Rather dull beat. 50 sounds hungry and focused but the subject matter is so 6 years ago. Not a good way to start the album imo, showing that that the whole project is gonna be about recreating that GRODT feel, acting like he's still in the "hood" 2/5

02. Then Days Went By - Now that's better. Again talking about the street life but this time in the past, some nice storytelling about when he first had sex, how his mother thought he was smoking crack.. Again the flow is on point and he's not sounding lazy at all. Unfortunately the track is dragged down by the terrible hook and another amateur sounding beat. He really should've used that bridge as the hook, would be one of his best tracks (The Lord don't have imperfections baby,
so I think I'm perfect the way he made me.. some say I'm cool, some say I'm crazy.. Some say I ain't shit..some say I'm amazing
) 4/5

03. Death To My Enemies Crazy Dre beat, sounds like it was tailor made for 50. Again 50 sounds on point (especially the 3rd verse) but once again the subject matter is played out, something that he has done 100x before. This could've easily been on GRODT but that is also the biggest problem of this track (he keeps trying to make another GRODT, no growth) 3/5

04. So Disrespectful Now that's that classic cocky 50 Cent track. He sounds relaxed and in the zone. It's not Ether or anything but a funny diss nonetheless. Nice piano drop from The Bizness, 50's flow is perfect for the track 5/5

05. Psycho Lovely Dre beat that sounds like it was made during the Relapse session, gotta love that orchestra vibe in the chorus. First chorus that's up to 50's standards. 50 sounded kinda uncomfortable trying to follow Em's fast paced flow but still nothing to be mad about. Em did his thing 4/5

06. Hold Me Down This right here is the 50 Cent that made me a fan in the first place. Great and very catchy hook over a funky beat, singy-song flow adapting to the beat, basically a nice laid back joint. The concept has been done plenty times before but still... 5/5

07. Crime Wave Terrible track. Again with the all the gun and "I'm from the hood" talk. Not to mention another cheap production and a very annoying chorus (that "yeah, yeah!" wtf was he thinking) 1/5

08. Stretch Similar vibe to Hold Me Down. Very catchy hook and another effort of some sort of concept 4/5

09. Strong Enough Skipper. Average track from the production, weak hook, forced "I'm hard" flow. Lyrically it's quite nice though 3/5

10. Get It Hot Worst track so far. Beat sounds like it was made by a Soundclick producer and the track itself is just terrible and as corny as it gets. Some real ABC rhymes from 50 too 1/5

11. Gangsta's Delight Havoc and 50 usually cook up something real nice but this one is one big disappointment. Again sounds like a mixtape track and again nursery rhymes from 50. 2/5

12. I Got Swag I like this one. Cool beat, flow is on point and 50 is always good at this type of tracks. 4/5

13. Baby By Me First single. Nice hook from Ne-Yo and Polow provides a smooth backdrop. 50 doesn't sound bad at all but the biggest problem is that his flow, lyrics sound so predictable and formulated, like he went into the booth thinking "okay this is a club single" 3/5

14. Do You Think About Me I give him props for getting more personal about his relationship with his baby mother but that's where it stops. Boring track with a terrible hook 1/5

15. Ok, You're Right Real ignorant music right here but it works. Epic beat from Dre, on some movie score shit. 4/5

15. Could've Been You Leaked a while ago and I'm thankful that he decided to still put it on the album. One of the best 50 chick track, real nice laid back vibe and hilarious chorus from Kells. As far as the beat go, DJ Khalil & mixed by Dre... it doesn't get better than this 5/5

Basically to sum up the cd is dragged down by the majority of the beats sounding too mixtape-ish, weak hooks, predictable and recycled subject matter and most importantly 50 showing no sign of growth as an artist at all. He's still obsessed with GRODT and as long as he'll be in that mind state, well let me quote Jay "men lie women lie, numbers don't"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:04:48 AM by Meho »

Paul

« Reply #369 on: November 26, 2009, 09:22:35 AM »
^^^ Good review

Disagree on some things

Strong Enough is probably my favourite track on the album.

Didnt like Ok your Right either
funkyfreshintheflesh

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #370 on: November 26, 2009, 09:32:16 AM »
^^^ Good review

Disagree on some things

Strong Enough is probably my favourite track on the album.

Didnt like Ok your Right either

Yeah Strong Enough goes.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #371 on: November 26, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
coudl've been you sounds wack
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Paul

« Reply #372 on: November 26, 2009, 09:37:10 AM »

I liked it
funkyfreshintheflesh

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #373 on: November 26, 2009, 09:45:39 AM »
that's what's up
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #374 on: November 26, 2009, 02:37:37 PM »

I liked it

I prefer the version with Slimm but it's still a dope track. Strong enough is ill too, really feeling that joint. Agree with the rest of the interview though, I remember that youtube video where Ty Fyffe was showing all the beats he had for 50. Then he goes and picks some super wack joint for the intro?