Author Topic: 50 Cent - Before i Self Destruct leaked  (Read 13433 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent - Before i Self Destruct leaked
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2009, 05:14:08 PM »
I don't R1ZE, 50 could have the most boring beat on his mixtapes back in the day (back in the day goes to 2006 btw) and kill the hook.

Good thing is that those 6 tracks I like are really dope, not like the best of the worst.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2009, 05:14:32 PM »
Damn this album really is grimey
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2009, 05:17:31 PM »
hopefully he re-records this one and makes it better because as it stands it's really not that good. in fact i can't think of one song other than "ok you're right" that had a bangin beat. lyrically it isn't horrible(on a few tracks it is)but fifty's flow ain't too good plus the hooks sound uninspired. i didn't like "curtis" either but it's a much better album than this. production sounds cheap and lazy.

oh well. :-\

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »
That's another problem of mine, you got all the money in the world why in the fuck would you want to make a grimey album.  50 needed to reinvent himself but not by going backwards. But let's say you can ignore that, if you make a grimey album at least have quality production, if not you sound like an undeground broke rapper who can't afford better beats. Raekwon pulled off a grimey album after 10 years because he had production to back it up imo.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »
after 3 listens : Death To My Enemies, So Disrespectful, Psycho, Hold Me Down, Gangstas Delight, Ok Youre Alright, Couldve Been You are the one he should keep on the album, throw in Get Up, and some more Dj Khalil, Dr. Dre tracks....

Lets see what happens...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Invincible

« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »
All we are waiting for now is for Radiotube to come in here and say its the album of the century.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »
Yes the quality does fade off near the end. Like Meho said, the Dre feeling on here is gone. Say what you want but OK You're Right is still the hardest song!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »
Average. After a few listens I think this is about as good as CURTIS... maybe a bit worse. I don't want to call it his weakest album untill I listen to it more, but overall I'm a bit dissappointed considering this is supposedly his last album for Aftermath/Shady. First half was aggressive... then it just went downhill. Most of the later songs were trash, imo. Dre clearly didn't have much influence on this album as claimed by others.

My favourite songs:

1) Strong Enough
2) Death To My Enemies
3) Psycho
4) I Got Swag
5) Could've Been You

Everything else is either "meh", average or garbage, imo.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2009, 05:40:30 PM »
It's no coincidence that Psycho is by far the best track on the album. From his vocals, hook, delivery... you can tell that track was made with Dre & Em in the studio. Great track.

Invincible

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »
Yes the quality does fade off near the end. Like Meho said, the Dre feeling on here is gone. Say what you want but OK You're Right is still the hardest song!

It does, its like he didn't plan the tracks positioning. Its like he just chose the tracks for use, then chucked them on in that order. What are Baby By Me and Could've Been You doing at the end. Baby By Me should of been about track 4 or something (preferably Get Up instead of it) and Could've Been You shouldn't be last track. For me last track should of been Crime Wave.

TRG

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »
Decent album for me.

The songs i thought might be good, were good. The songs i thought might be average, were average. So i wasnt really blown away or disappointed

Death To My Enemies, Psycho, Strong Enough are all sick! (seems everyone agrees)

The Death To My Enemies beat was an annoying loop when i first played, now i cant stop playing. The sorta 50/Dre i wanna hear.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2009, 05:46:31 PM »
1. The Invitation: 4/5 - good beat, nice intro
2. Then Days Went By: 3/5 - really hurt by a shitty hook
3. Death To My Enemies: 4.5/5 - beat is insane. head banger, fif kills it
4. So Disrespectful: 4/5 - piggy bank pt 2, i feel it. cant wait for game to come back
5. Psycho: 4/5 - really not feelin eminem's gay ass celeb killin raps
6. Hold Me Down: 4.9/5 - its been done before, but i love it. the way he says "DOWWWWN" on the hook is kinda annoying to me tho, sounds weird.
7. Crime Wave: 2.5/5 - mixtape material
8. Stretch: 3/5 - its aight, feels like a waste of a beat
9. Strong Enough: 2.5/5 - he's rapped on so many of these kinds of tracks.. and this is a weaker one. meh
10. Get It Hot: 1/5 - fuck is this garbage?
11. Gangsta’s Delight: 3/5 - eh, its aight. filler.
12. I Got Swag: 3/5 - " "
13. Baby By Me: 4.5/5 - had this on repeat when it came out, you can't ask for much more out of a radio track. the bass at the beginning is redic in the whip
14. Do You Think About Me: 3.5/5 - fucks with the super chipmunk vocals? I don't care if they're not related, Do What It Do > this
15. Ok, You’re Right: 4/5 - its solid, but I don't love it. this track especially wouldve been better with either his GRoDT or Massacre flows
16. Could’ve Been You: - 4/5 - idk where he gets off puttin this as the outro. i like the track but something really seems off to me with the drums/bassline.

overall: maybe a 6.5/10 -  far too one-note, way too top-heavy, and there's some really cheap sounding beats. Which isn't what we expect to get (or should get) from a star of 50's caliber.

GRoDT & Massacre > Curtis & BSiD. Too lazy to think about specifics... though if you add the best tracks from this, curtis, and ToS you'd end up with a pretty alright album  :P
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:54:21 PM by R1ZE »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2009, 05:48:58 PM »
my only complaint about this was his choice of order for the tracklisting.

plus i think he should of made some like "real deep, like emotional, farewell, it's over, it's been amazing" type of track to finish it; if this is going to be his last album (we'll see).

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2009, 05:51:53 PM »
this album is dope!....but am i the only one who aint feeling the psycho track

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »
After a quick listen , that's not bad at all , sounds more like a mixtape imo  though ...

Funny, how albums thats sound authentically hip hop, in vintage form, is always labeled "as sounding like a mixtape" these days. SMH. I guess it sounds like an "real album" when it has features with hottest R&B artist out and feture everyone from Young Jeezy, Kanye and Drake (now) and Rhiana and Dream.  ::)

SMH