Author Topic: Asociated Press: Muslim Extremists Plotted To Kill The Pope  (Read 197 times)

CWalker187

Asociated Press: Muslim Extremists Plotted To Kill The Pope
« on: November 11, 2002, 08:36:14 PM »
I guess he would have deserved it.......after all, he is Christian.

Al-Qaida Planned Pope Attack: Report

By Associated Press

November 10, 2002, 8:54 PM EST

LONDON -- A top al-Qaida official suspected of having planned the Sept. 11 terror attacks also plotted to kill Pope John Paul II during a trip to the Philippines in 1999, a British newspaper reported Sunday.

Quoting documents from Philippines intelligence services, The Sunday Times said Osama Bin Laden's lieutenant, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, planned on killing the pope with a pipe bomb planted in a park where John Paul was to speak, or if that failed, with high-velocity rifles equipped with laser scopes.

The plot was aborted when the pope's visit was canceled, the newspaper said.

Philippines police have already named Mohammed as the prime suspect behind a 1995 plot to kill the pope in the southeast Asian nation. Abdul Hakim al Hashim Murad, a Pakistani, was arrested in Manila in 1995 for his alleged involvement in that plan.

Mohammed evaded capture but returned to the Philippines four years later, months before the pope was due to visit Manila for a canonization, The Sunday Times said.

The newspaper quoted the intelligence documents as saying Mohammed might be in Pakistan but warning that "he may attempt to leave the country to elude arrest as well as conduct terrorist activities."
Copyright © 2002, The Associated Press

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Asociated Press: Muslim Extremists Plotted To Kill The Pope
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 09:01:04 PM »
Damn, that sucks...Good post...

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 12:21:04 AM »
lol thats kind of funny... its a conspiracy.. the muslims want to kill us alllllllll!!!!!!!!!!

oh shit i just remembered my school has like 30% muslim fuck!

ok in all seriousness that is messed up, but so nutty its almost funny.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 02:26:47 PM »
That's crazy. Oh well, the Pope is too great to just kill. His been around for 23 years, and has been a great influince over the world. It's a good thing no one touch him.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2002, 04:37:47 PM »
Word, the Pope represents the good of humanity and the positivity of Christianity

Shame that the Vatican dont get involved in Politics, i know its a tricky mess to get into, but think of the wonders a Pope statement condemin Bush would do.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll