Author Topic: AXL ROSE about the vancouver show...  (Read 77 times)

Myrealname

AXL ROSE about the vancouver show...
« on: November 11, 2002, 11:13:33 PM »
GUNS N' ROSES frontman AXL ROSE appears to have laid blame for the band's cancelled VANCOUVER show last Thursday (November 7), which wound up with disgruntled fans rioting at the box office and clashing with police, at the feet of the promoters.

In an impromptu radio interview with Seattle rock station KISW, he is reported to have said that he was en route to the Canadian show when promoters pulled the plug, and that the band's legal representatives are looking into the incident.

Rose is reported to have said: "We were going to play a show and the plug got pulled on us. We were fully able to meet our commitments and we don't really understand what happened right now, why the show was pulled. We have a legal team looking into it, to get to the bottom of it, and then I'll have to sort out things about the people that bought tickets and things like that."

When asked by the station DJ whether he had been stuck in Los Angeles due to bad weather, which was the reason given at the time for the band's no-show, Rose replied: "I was in the air, I was in a plane on the way to the show. It gets complicated. The manager of the building said that the doors wouldn't open 'till he had confirmation that we were wheels up, that the plane was in the air." He went on to say that it was "all kind of screwey" and alleged that the promoter pulled the plug after he was told that Rose was on his way to the show.